SBCG4AP or Sam and Max

edited August 2008 in General Chat
JUST VOTE FOR UR FREIKING FAVORITE GAME:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Well, SBCG4AP isn't out yet so...
  • edited June 2008
    ^ Yeah, that's why I chose the third option, too.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    JUST VOTE FOR UR FREIKING FAVORITE GAME:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is not a question that is worth shouting about (i.e. all caps) or getting angry about (the :mad: faces). I find ALL CAPS very annoying and don't like being shouted at. Thanks.

It is also a question, as others have mentioned, better asked at the end of the five Strong Bad episodes.
  • edited June 2008
    My kingdom for a smiley limit. I moderate at a forum where people tend to post long strings of smileys, and I sometimes have to clean up their posts to make them readable, so that bugs the hell out of me.
  • edited June 2008
    New rule no more smiles or any other chat related to Sam and Max OR SBCG4AP
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks. :) (What? It was one smiley :p)
  • edited June 2008
    From the trailer, SBC4AP seems kinda dumbed down gameplay wise. Totally sam and max.
  • edited June 2008
    Having not played SBCG4AP, it is impossible to vote accurately.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    From the trailer, SBC4AP seems kinda dumbed down gameplay wise.

Which trailer gave you this impression? (Just curious.)

Having played them both, I'll have to say........ I am the high priest of space.

Okay, I just wanted to say that.
  • edited June 2008
    Wouldn't you be the high priestess? :p
  • edited June 2008
    If you're the high priest you can choose to be called whatever you want...
  • edited June 2008
    Well then... as the newly instated High Priest of Reginald VelJohnson's Non-Existent Hair, I choose to be called Herschel "Flipsy" Von Schwimminsburg. :D
  • edited June 2008
    why...did 11 people vote for i am the high priest of space?
  • edited June 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Which trailer gave you this impression? (Just curious.)

Having played them both, I'll have to say........ I am the high priest of space.

Okay, I just wanted to say that.

The gameplay video with Strong Bad and Homestar Runner at the race track.

I am still up to giving the game a chance, but no text and only icons seems like the game is too much built for kids.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    splash1 wrote: »

Who doesn't want to be the high priest of space?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »

I am still up to giving the game a chance, but no text and only icons seems like the game is too much built for kids.

It's absolutely not "built for kids", I just hate having a bunch of text on the screen. I'd rather be able to look at an icon and know what Topic I want to talk about than to have to read a bunch of lines of text that I am going to hear as soon as I select them anyway. Plus, you have to admit the throwing a bunch of text up on the screen really uglies up the scene. We've put a lot of thought into making our icons smart so that the game wouldn't be dumbed down.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't. I want to be the high priest of Brainania
  • edited June 2008

I actually much prefer this in adventure games, one series of games to note where this style works very well is the Broken Sword games. And by no means could anyone argue that they are dumbed down or 'kid's games' ;)

Roll on Strong Bad! :D
  • edited June 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    It's absolutely not "built for kids", I just hate having a bunch of text on the screen. I'd rather be able to look at an icon and know what Topic I want to talk about than to have to read a bunch of lines of text that I am going to hear as soon as I select them anyway. Plus, you have to admit the throwing a bunch of text up on the screen really uglies up the scene. We've put a lot of thought into making our icons smart so that the game wouldn't be dumbed down.

Fine and dandy just don't do it to sam and max...
  • edited June 2008

You didn't use the magic word...
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    You didn't use the magic word...

Fine and dandy just don't do it to sam and max.... DORKS
  • edited June 2008
    I feel obligated to point out that Hit the Road used icons instead of text, too.
  • edited June 2008
    splash1 wrote: »

Built for kids? I don't think Max would get past the U rating for kids.
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I feel obligated to point out that Hit the Road used icons instead of text, too.
    Yeah, but that's entirely different, because...

err...

...well, it just is, okay?!?

(Also, I'm really just an archbishop of space, but I like to lie on internet polls).
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Wow. It wouldn't even have occurred to me that having icons instead of text lines for the dialogue options would make the game seem like it's for kids. That's interesting.

I personally think the icons work a lot better on the Wii than text options. They're fine on the PC, too, but on the Wii in particular they're much easier on the eyes.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't. I want to be the high priest of Brainania

Woo! Too bad it's under the ocean, but at least there's that PO box in Texas :)
  • edited June 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Woo! Too bad it's under the ocean, but at least there's that PO box in Texas :)

I'm sure Brain would build me a suit. Even if I'm taking over his land, I'm sure he'd prefer me over Bush.
  • edited June 2008

If I remember correctly, didn't the original game, 'Sam & Max: Hit the Road', use this system?

And that game was a lot harder than any of the Telltale S&M games (in my opinion) :)
  • edited June 2008
    this thread has gotten WAY of course so someone YOU CAN SHUT IT DOWN AS YOU PLEASE
  • edited June 2008
    How is it off course? They are discussing the two games mentioned in your poll.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm sure Brain would build me a suit. Even if I'm taking over his land, I'm sure he'd prefer me over Bush.

But, he could (barely) stand Pinky?
  • edited June 2008
    this thread has gotten WAY of course so someone YOU CAN SHUT IT DOWN AS YOU PLEASE
    I don't think anyone does please, though. Just because you started a thread doesn't mean you get to play Topic Police.
  • edited June 2008
    But, he could (barely) stand Pinky?

He loved Pinky, he just couldn't admit it. Watch the Christmas special!
  • edited August 2008
    The cake is a lie man! Sbcg4ap rules!
  • edited August 2008
    Since when is Sam & Max a cake?(Oh crap, I'm predictig a photo of a sam & Max cake will appear soon...
  • edited August 2008
    High priest of space, right here!
  • edited August 2008
    Since when is Sam & Max a cake?(Oh crap, I'm predictig a photo of a sam & Max cake will appear soon...

Spoilers for Sam and Max 205:
    Stinky is a cake
  • edited August 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    spoilers for sam and max 205:
    stinky is a cake

stinky is a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Holy crap, guys.
This discussion has been closed.