Are the new books beyond bone and before bone any good?

edited June 2008 in Bone
Also do they contain sketches and interviews from these books?
Special One-shots

* Bone: Holiday Special (Hero Premiere Edition)

(1993, Warrior Publications, 14 pages)

This was a Hero Premiere Edition bundled with Hero Illustrated magazine. It includes a short story where the Bone cousins celebrate Winter Solstice, Jeff Smith interview and sketches.

* Bone #13 1/2

(Jan 1995, Wizard, 28 pages)

This was a free comic book mail-in offer through Wizard Magazine. As was also common with Wizard Magazine comic offers, there was a special gold foil cover variant where the Bone title on the cover is embossed in gold foil. It came in a rigid mylar sleeve and a certificate of authenticity. There is a short story that fits in between #13 and #14 of the regular series, and is included in Bone Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race. This special also includes a Jeff Smith interview and sketches.

* Bone Sourcebook

(1995, Image Comics, 16 pages with wrap-around cover)

This was a free promotional book given out at 1995 San Diego Comic-con and it also polybagged with Wizard Mag. This sourcebook was published to celebrate the move of the BONE series from self-publishing to Image Comics, where it stayed for only 7 issues before Jeff Smith took it back to self-publishing.

It includes an Introduction by Jeff Smith & biography, character profiles, color poster by Jim Lee, story timeline, upcoming storyline, and shipping schedule.

* Bone #1 Tenth Anniversary Edition

(2001, Cartoon Books)

To celebrate it's 10th year anniversary, a special color edition of Bone #1 with was released with a free collectible Fone Bone PVC figure and a full color Phoney Bone Gazillion dollar bill. This special edition included a new cover, a new afterword by Jeff Smith, and an illustrated eight-page commentary by comics historian R.C. Harvey, and the original artwork was digitally remastered in full color.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    There aren't any books after the Bone series. The holiday special is part of the series and included in the trades and one volume edition as well as issue 13 1/2. The source book isn't a comic at all, just a small guide to the series and the 10th anniversary is just what it says, a re-release of the first issue.
  • edited June 2008
    Go to boneville they released 3 new books.
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    There aren't any books after the Bone series. The holiday special is part of the series and included in the trades and one volume edition as well as issue 13 1/2. The source book isn't a comic at all, just a small guide to the series and the 10th anniversary is just what it says, a re-release of the first issue.
    Not entirely true. There's the lighthearted Stupid, Stupid Rat Tales, the prequel, and the much less family-friendly Thorn, the also-prequel but more relevant to the immediate plot of the main Bone books.
  • edited June 2008
    Ah, okay. The Before Bone book is just all of the THORN comics. Those are Jeff Smith's college strips, I don't really know much about them. It should be noted that when I said Thorn in my last post, I was thinking of Rose. Stupid me.
    Bone and Beyond is, as far as I can tell, a book of various art and such from the stuff Smith has done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.