Won't work

Paid good money for this on iPad it won't work or load grrrrr not happy

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Can you please provide us with a little more information on the issue you are experiencing? What device are you playing the game on? Are you having trouble with the game application or gameplay itself? Does it crash when you try to launch the game? Any other details you can offer will help us to provide you with a resolution.

• Yes, I am having this issue along with very choppy/slow/lagging game play which causes you to miss the interaction parts of the story. It gets so bogged down and skippy then it will finally crash and send you back to your home screen desktop. I am running this on an iPad Mini. I have tried it a couple of different ways, I have tried to restart the iPad and go straight to the game from a boot up, as well as ensuring all apps are closed. Either way I run it, I get the same problem. I would be ok with turning down the resolution if that setting were offered and if that made it run smoothly. The app really runs like it lacks serious resources to run. I know that I am not the only one having this issue. Is there a fix on the horizon? I gave the game/app (1) star, but made it clear that I will change it to (5) stars once the playability issues are resolved.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have tested the iPad Mini, and have not come across any of the same choppy/lagging game play issues you are experiencing. If you are still having these issues, please try these steps again. Close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game afterwards. Waiting a few minutes allows the cache to clear before restarting the app. If you still encounter hitching after trying the above suggestions, there may be an issue with the device itself, and we recommend you contact Apple Support for further assistance.

• My game keeps crashing on the iPad before I can get to the home page. This is happening with all my games by telltale and all my other apps are doing fine. I have deleted and reuploaded the games several times and it doesn't work. Please help

MattP posted: »

Can you please provide us with a little more information on the issue you are experiencing? What device are you playing the game on? Are you

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Slashertart posted: »

My game keeps crashing on the iPad before I can get to the home page. This is happening with all my games by telltale and all my other apps are doing fine. I have deleted and reuploaded the games several times and it doesn't work. Please help

• I'm having the same problem but I've done everything like freeing space, redownloading the app turning my ipad off all night and trying it the next day and it's not working. I've paid for all the episodes and it won't let me onto them. Starting to feel like a waste of money :(

Can you please clarify what iOS version you are currently running on, and which iPad you have? (1, 2, 3, mini, etc.)

LucyT95 posted: »

I'm having the same problem but I've done everything like freeing space, redownloading the app turning my ipad off all night and trying it t

• I'm having this problem now and in episode 3 in the ally way when tweedle twins start shooting bigby the game crashes and sends me to the home screen

My apologies for any difficulties this has caused. Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to complete the episode successfully.

• Hi, I am having the same issues, I have been through all of the above info, closed everything in the background, turned my ipad mini off for 10 minutes, spoken with Apple tech, my device is fine, all other apps and programs are working, I even bought more storage to free space on my device but it still won't launch, I have not deleted and reuploaded the app as I bought the package for all games and don't want to throw away my money. If I cannot get this to work can I please have my money back?

I apologize for the inconvenience. My only other suggestion would be to delete and re-download the game application from your device, then after it has completed downloading (Before you start the game) restart your device, to make sure the first time you start the game is a fresh boot. You should then be able to start the game and play successfully.

For any inquiries regarding refunds, or refund requests for games purchased on the Apple iTunes App Store, please contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Tdez04 posted: »

Hi, I am having the same issues, I have been through all of the above info, closed everything in the background, turned my ipad mini off for

This discussion has been closed.