Significant lag on iPad 2

On a 16gb iPad 2 (wifi only), latest build of iOS 7, 4.2gb available space.

Just purchased Wolf Among Us last night and began playing. Animations/transitions were lagging pretty badly. I stopped playing, killed every running app on the iPad, and did a hard reset of the iPad itself. Began playing again after that. Still lags pretty badly. Never crashed, and I managed to play for an hour or so, but the lag definitely took away from the enjoyment of the game. I even died a couple times trying to fight the Woodsman due to the controls just not responding well.

Is this an issue with available resources? Is the iPad 2 just not powerful enough to run this particular app? Can anyone on a 3rd/4th/Air gen model iPad confirm whether or not they experience any lag? I'm not against upgrading to a new iPad at this point, but would like to know if that is going to resolve the issues.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have tested the iPad 2 and have not come across any of the same hitching issues you are experiencing. If you are still having these issues, please try these steps again. Close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game afterwards. Wait a few minutes for the cache to clear, before restarting the app. If after trying these suggestions you still encounter hitching, there may be an issue with the device itself, and we recommend you contact Apple Support for further assistance.

• OMG, it´s a problem with your game, all devices with A5 processor have too much lag. iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad 3 and iPhone 4S. It´s not a memory problem, it´s a performance problem because telltale's Graphics Engine is not optimized enough.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize, are you currently experiencing an issue playing the game on an iOS device? The compatibility section for the Walking Dead: Season 2 app is incorrect.The Description Section has an accurate list of supported hardware. We are unfortunately unable to update this section on the store.

vkbest posted: »

OMG, it´s a problem with your game, all devices with A5 processor have too much lag. iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad 3 and iPhone 4S. It´s not a memory problem, it´s a performance problem because telltale's Graphics Engine is not optimized enough.

• It's not really the fault of Telltale's Graphics Engine, its just that it's an older processor from 2011 (Year of iPad 2 and iPhone 4S). Now that I think about it, no iOS device other than the current two iPhone's have even had a full gigabyte of RAM. Also, this is a bit of an issue. I myself play on an iPad 2 and the lag is real (just like the struggle). I called you guys asking for a way to get all of my purchases and data of this game over to my PS3. All they told me was to ask Apple for a refund. When I asked Apple for a refund (and explained the issue), they just gave me store credit.

This discussion has been closed.