Favorite cartoon?

I just got to wondering what everyone's favorite cartoons are. Currently running through it's second season, I'm a pretty big Kappa Mikey fan (though I'd say Batman the Animated series was probably my all time favorite). Why must the Batman boxed sets be so expensive?

On the anime side of things I'm really digging the easy going Lucky Star. How about you all?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    I used to be really into The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (the one from the early 90s) up until something like a week ago.

Now I'm into Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, and The Super Mario Brothers Super Show whenever it's on TV.
  • edited June 2008
    akira or futurama
  • edited June 2008
    My ultimate is classic Scooby Doo, Batman the Animated Series and Animaniacs. That does not include all the legendary Disney classics though. Little Mermaid is my fave out of those. Other note worthy cartoons are original TMNT, The Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Wacky Races, Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, Earthworm Jim and not forgetting Sam and Max.
  • edited June 2008
    That's a tough one.

Currently: Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy (quiet, you), Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Looney Tunes.
  • edited June 2008
    Looney Tunes, Mike,Lu and Og,Sheep in the big city, Tom and Jerry, Pink panther, woody wood pecker, johnny bravo and geo cartoons
  • edited June 2008
    Animaniacs was great, and Freakazoid was great, too. Darkwing Duck is probably my favorite Disney show ever.
  • edited June 2008
    Must added, the release of Tiny Toons and Freakazoid on dvd is exciting.
  • edited June 2008
    I'd be peeing my pants if I wore any.
  • edited June 2008
    I would say either Animaniacs or Sheep in the Big City.
  • edited June 2008
    Home Movies, Animaniacs and Eartworm Jim.
  • edited June 2008
    Home Movies, Animaniacs and Eartworm Jim.

Groovvy!

Heh, Earthworm Jim rocked as a cartoon.

Mine was Transformers, Rocko's Modern Life, and Sealab 2021. "Like a Kolala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
  • edited June 2008
    Hmm... Let's see here...

My favorite cartoons of all time would have to be: Popeye, DuckTales, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, the Simpsons, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, the Jetsons, Two Stupid Dogs, and Dexter's Laboratory.

When it comes to anime, my most favorite is Saber Marionette J.
  • edited June 2008
    Family Guy,South Park,Homestarrunner.com and Simpsons...oh and Futurama!

Super Mario Bros. Super show *Coughtoastcough*

On the anime side....Naruto and Bleach.
  • EmiEmi
    edited June 2008
    Number one is easily The Tick. The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight is the best villain ever. I'm really upset, though, that Alone Together is not included on the DVDs. Eek! the Cat and Reboot are also favorites which need to be released on DVD. Other favorite cartoons would be Ah! My Goddess, Spiderman, X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, The Simpsons, Futurama, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Utena, and Rozen Maiden. And a whole bunch of others.
  • edited June 2008
    The Simpsons. I haven't seen the recent seasons as I don't have Sky, but I've seen basically every episode broadcast on terrestrial TV - plus I've got all the DVD boxsets that are out so far.
  • edited June 2008
    OSHI!

I forgot about The Tick I was hooked on that!I still watch when it come on at 1!
  • edited June 2008
    Definitely Rocko's Modern Life. Each and every episode is pure genius.
  • edited June 2008
    Not counting all possible anime titles, I'd have to say Æon Flux. Peter Chung really did a great job. I even got myself a nice box with all of the episodes plus some cool extra materials. It's a shame that mr Chung wasn't involved in the creation of later episodes and the show suffered noticable decrease in quality towards its end.

aeo01rj7ay3.th.jpg

I also liked Mike Judge's "King of the Hill" alot. Fun series, good times. If it's out on DVD, I'm getting it for sure.
  • edited June 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Definitely Rocko's Modern Life. Each and every episode is pure genius.

I've been trying to find that on DVD, they don't do it do they?
  • edited June 2008
    The Simpsons. I haven't seen the recent seasons as I don't have Sky, but I've seen basically every episode broadcast on terrestrial TV - plus I've got all the DVD boxsets that are out so far.

Your lucky, they're terrible.... Nowhere as good as the old ones.
  • edited June 2008
    I would say either Animaniacs or Sheep in the Big City.

I discovered around the same time and same place as "Home Movies"! There was another showw as well..... Baby Blues I think it was....
  • edited June 2008
    The Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
  • edited June 2008
    I've been trying to find that on DVD, they don't do it do they?
    As far as I know, there aren't any DVDs, but they did make a few video cassettes, as far as I'm aware. I still hope that one day all the episodes will be released on DVD...
  • edited June 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    As far as I know, there aren't any DVDs, but they did make a few video cassettes, as far as I'm aware. I still hope that one day all the episodes will be released on DVD...

Man I hope so, that show was sweet. There's also so many other classic shows needing releasing.
  • edited June 2008
    I guess Spongebob Squarepants is my all time favorite right now, but there were some great catoons I watched during my childhood. Those shows include Ghostbusters: The Animated Series, Carebears, Denver the Last Dinosaur, Darkwing Duck, Recess, and last but not least, ThunderCats!
  • edited June 2008
    Is "Ghostbusters: The Animated Series" different to The Real Ghostbusters (which was the animated version from the mid-eighties)?
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Is "Ghostbusters: The Animated Series" different to The Real Ghostbusters (which was the animated version from the mid-eighties)?

YES.Buy the Ghostbusters 1 & 2 pack for 2 episodes.
  • edited June 2008

Ooops!:p Excuse me, I mean the "Real" Ghostbusters cartoon. I always get the actual title wrong.

I heard that they're making a 3rd GB movie, but it's going to be a CG animated film.:(
  • edited June 2008
    I think I read that the idea of a third Ghostbusters movie was nixed, but they definitely are making a GB game, including the original actors doing some voices.
  • edited June 2008
    But Rick Moranis won't be in it. :(
  • edited June 2008
    I think I read that the idea of a third Ghostbusters movie was nixed, but they definitely are making a GB game, including the original actors doing some voices.

Wii one too, but if it's as bad as the original NES one... *face palm*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.