Maniac Mansion: Day Of The Tentacle

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Could someone tell me the plot to DotT?Or where I could get it for a reasonable price?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    There is this wicked thing I like to call the "internets" that I use to search for stuff I am looking for. Try to keep it on the down lo though as I don't want this vast repository of knowledge to be spread around.
  • edited June 2008
    The general premise is that Purple Tentacle takes over the world and 3 nerds (of various sorts) have to stop him.
  • edited June 2008
    Plot: Nipsey Hamchewer, a Swedish taxi driver, grows a mustache to an inconceivable length. One sunny afternoon, he trips over it and breaks his clavicle. "Oi! My clavicle!", he yells, and so his adventure begins. Along the way, he visits 72 exotic locales, teams up with Ranchero DeFlossalot, and solves many puzzles to defeat a Fred Rogers impersonator who is addicted to hoisin sauce. All this and more in glorious VGA! With a MIDI soundtrack by The Fat Man! Tandy sound cards supported! (Due to graphical intensity, this program requires 1 MB of RAM.)

Oh! DAY of The Tentacle! Sorry... wrong plot.
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Plot: Nipsey Hamchewer, a Swedish taxi driver, grows a mustache to an inconceivable length. One sunny afternoon, he trips over it and breaks his clavicle. "Oi! My clavicle!", he yells, and so his adventure begins. Along the way, he visits 72 exotic locales, teams up with Ranchero DeFlossalot, and solves many puzzles to defeat a Fred Rogers impersonator who is addicted to hoisin sauce. All this and more in glorious VGA! With a MIDI soundtrack by The Fat Man! Tandy sound cards supported! (Due to graphical intensity, this program requires 1 MB of RAM.)

Oh! DAY of The Tentacle! Sorry... wrong plot.
    I don't wanna know the name of that game, okay?
  • edited June 2008
    There is this wicked thing I like to call the "internets" that I use to search for stuff I am looking for. Try to keep it on the down lo though as I don't want this vast repository of knowledge to be spread around.

I'd do that, but I'm lazy.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't wanna know the name of that game, okay?

I'll have you know that Ray of the Tentacle will be a huge hit! I even hear that there will be a 3-D sequence! And it'll be squeezed on to only 5 disks! :D I bought a 486 just for this game... can't wait for the demo to hit the BBSes!

(I'm having way too much fun mentally revisiting that era...)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    I'd do that, but I'm lazy.

What does one even say to this?
  • edited June 2008
    It takes more effort to make a post then it does to search "Day of the Tentacle" in google.
  • edited June 2008
  • edited June 2008

I doubt he has the energy to click that link. Couldn't you just copy-paste the plot synopsis into this thread for him?
  • edited June 2008
    Strangely till today they *those evil developers/software companies and publishers* somehow hesitate making such adventures anymore but maybe "Edna bricht aus" will be worth a closer look.

-> http://edna.daedalic.de/?page=3&lang=en&PHPSESSID=c30af126fb4c44a53ab6d49f2f9174ca

And if you want to you can watch a playthrough video of DOTT on youtube but i only would recommend it if you already played through the game or have no intention of doing so, due to some reasons.

-> http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=Yzzyxz&page=2
Sign in to comment in this discussion.