Team Fortress 2 "Meet the Sniper" Trailer

edited July 2008 in General Chat
In his former life as a tracker of dangerous game in the unforgiving Australian outback, the Sniper would spend months by himself. Prolonged isolation taught him a valuable lesson: You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.
http://share.iqwww.com/games/6/team-fortress-2-meet-the-sniper-trailer.htm
0719_bfwz_1.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Why is there a Warcraft 3 picture in your post?
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Good question, but this video is amazing and I really want a TF2 feature.
  • edited June 2008
    Why is there a Warcraft 3 picture in your post?

I think that's his signature :confused:
  • edited June 2008
    LOL! Class video!
  • edited June 2008
    I love the debate about the profession with his father. I think the bobble head in his RV is that of his father but that's my guess. And ditto to a TF2 feature, having such a mad crew having to save the world would be stellar.
  • edited June 2008
    The bobblehead is of the Civilian Character in the 1st Team Fortress game. There was a mode that made one player into that character and the other team would try to kill him.
  • edited June 2008
    Was there? Hmmm... I've got to go find my first copy of the game... on my computer... which I deleted all my files a few years ago to make space which means that I don't have TF1 anymore...
    OH SH*T!
  • edited June 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    The bobblehead is of the Civilian Character in the 1st Team Fortress game. There was a mode that made one player into that character and the other team would try to kill him.

Are we talking Team Fortress for Quake 1 (which TF2 is the true squel of) or Team Fortress Classic remake on Half Life 1 code?
  • edited June 2008
    Are we talking Team Fortress for Quake 1 (which TF2 is the true squel of) or Team Fortress Classic remake on Half Life 1 code?

Team Fortress Classic. I think Valve would be more likely to reference something pertaining to their own games rather thans someone elses. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Um, Valve did do Quake 1's Team Fortress or should I say the founding members of Valve. This is what got them foundation knowledge of Quake's code to do Half Life 1.
  • edited June 2008
    Yeah I also loved the sneak peak of the flare gun (which is outdated now)

And the Civillian bobblehead was hillarious.
  • edited June 2008
    And you're right Dedlok, I just dug out my old Half LIfe 1 Gold boxing and was looking at the photos and wham.. there is the civ..
    edited June 2008
    Um, Valve did do Quake 1's Team Fortress or should I say the founding members of Valve. This is what got them foundation knowledge of Quake's code to do Half Life 1.

Nope, Valve didn't have anything to do with the franchise until they acquired the Australian TF developers to work on TFC and the false-start of TF2.
  • edited July 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Nope, Valve didn't have anything to do with the franchise until they acquired the Australian TF developers to work on TFC and the false-start of TF2.

Hmm, Mr. Cook works for VALVe, considering this is the CORE team behind VAVLe currently, my statement still stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Shaun is right, though.

The guys who did Team Fortress 1, for Quakeworld, did that on their own as a free-time project, and then were hired at Valve as a result. Valve as a company had nothing to do with the initial creation of Team Fortress, but were smart enough to hire its developers to come work for them.
  • edited July 2008
    Hmmm, GAME (UK) has got the detials all wrong, it says it's made and published by EA!? Link.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    Hmmm, GAME (UK) has got the detials all wrong, it says it's made and published by EA!? Link.
    Ha, nice work, considering the box art they are using says "Valve" and nothing else. Maybe their data just auto-populates with EA Games as a default value. :)
  • edited July 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »

Valve is owned by EA, so they did basically published TF2. Not developed though.
  • edited July 2008
    Are they? I've just had a quick check, but I can't see anything about it.
  • edited July 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    Valve is owned by EA, so they did basically published TF2. Not developed though.

Erm... they're not owned by EA at all, actually. EA is their retail publisher on the orange box.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Shaun is right, though.

The guys who did Team Fortress 1, for Quakeworld, did that on their own as a free-time project, and then were hired at Valve as a result. Valve as a company had nothing to do with the initial creation of Team Fortress, but were smart enough to hire its developers to come work for them.

Did you click on the supplied Wiki and enlighted yourself? Quake 1's Team Fortress team would eventually BE the core VAVLe team to do the code for Half Life 1 in 1998, 2 years after his work with Quake code. My statement still stands true. Gabe was a former Microsoft employee who founded VALVe and sought out Mr. Cook's and Mr. Caughley skills for his new studio before work on Half Life in 1998, hence they had the core knowledge of Quake code to make Half Life.

As of other notes, EA Games do not own or have any subsidies on VALVe Software. As Tabacco said, EA is only the boxed retail publisher fo VALVe's works under a signed contract thanks to the souring attitudes of VU Game's directors towards VALVe and underestimating the power STEAM would carry into digital publishing.
    edited July 2008
    Did you click on the supplied Wiki and enlighted yourself? Quake 1's Team Fortress team would eventually BE the core VAVLe team to do the code for Half Life 1 in 1998, 2 years after his work with Quake code. My statement still stands true.

I clicked it, and I was enlightened, but I missed the part that supports the specific claim you are making and I'd love for you to copy+paste that radness.
    Gabe was a former Microsoft employee who founded VALVe and sought out Mr. Cook's and Mr. Caughley skills for his new studio before work on Half Life in 1998, hence they had the core knowledge of Quake code to make Half Life.

Half-Life had been in development for more than a year and a half before the TF gentlemen were anywhere near Valve. I'm sure in the subsequent months they supported HL development in various ways, as they were simultaneously working on TFC/TF2, but does that make them the "core team"?

This tangent we're on is kind of weird, but I don't really understand how it's unacceptable that Valve had nothing to do with the original Team Fortress at its inception. That is what we're talking about right?
  • edited July 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I don't really understand how it's unacceptable that Valve had nothing to do with the original Team Fortress at at its inception. That is what we're talking about right?

Agreed. After all, Portal happened the same way. Valve picked up on an indie project, and made a commercial version by hiring the developers. (Narbacular Drop was the original game, for those who weren't aware)
  • edited July 2008
    EA aren't the publishers!
    EDIT: Hmm, or are they? Well GAME says that they are developers aswell, so... correct?
  • edited July 2008
    No, not correct. EA is not the developer (co or otherwise) on any Valve title.
  • edited July 2008
    As far as I know, EA handles Valve's distribution.
  • edited July 2008
    EA does the retail packaging and shipiing. They do no own Valve, they do work on the games, just put them on disc, put the disc in a box and send the box to stores for stores to sell.

In other words: Valve is to EA as Telltale Games is to The Adventure Company
  • edited July 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Are they? I've just had a quick check, but I can't see anything about it.

i don't know if they are owned by them but good enough. they did the ps3 conversion as valve hate the ps3 (or something)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.