System crash at titlecard

Hi there,

Each time I run the game (Steam version), everything seems to work fine until the titlecard after the brief intro with Bigby in the cab, at which point my PC crashes and I have to do a hard reset. My monitor turns off and the computer is unresponsive (eg. pressing caps lock doesn't change the lights).

I've tried updating my graphics drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, verifying the game cache, diasabling cloud saves, starting the game without a controller or second display plugged in, but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Here's the data from TWAU support tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yalohw

Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I have a few more things you can try.

• Disconnecting from the internet before starting the game
    • Setting all graphics settings to the lowest setting/off
    • Starting the game during a clean boot (see below)

Crashes of the entire system are often a sign of driver or hardware issues though.
    Since the monitor turns off I would start with the graphics card. Possibilities include: It could be overheating or broken, the power supply could be too weak to run it on full load, or the drivers could cause problems.

We can look into that some more if what i suggested above doesn't help.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer
  • Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried these ideas and although didn't solve the problem, managed to come up with a workaround. Putting everything on lowest settings, including resolution, and turning off fullscreen allowed me to get past the point where it always crashed. After that I was able to put everything back on full and the game ran fine. I've now reached a savepoint after the intro and seems like I can run the game as normal.

I've not had time to get very far and test it out, but for the moment it seems like the problem is sorted. Thanks!

DjNDB posted: »

I have a few more things you can try. * Disconnecting from the internet before starting the game * Setting all graphics settings to the

This discussion has been closed.