Comic-Con report: 4 Bone episodes at $20 each...

edited July 2005 in Bone
Lots of new info here at 1up;
Currently, Telltale has plans to release all four Bone episodes individually for $20 each, but the company is considering ways to combine all the games together, offer a discount for players who buy all four, and even possibly release the game on other platforms like the Mac (a favorite of Bone creator Jeff Smith). But as of right now, the only confirmed release plan is to have four, four-to-six hour chapters available for download starting with the first in September.

4 episodes, rather than the 9 of the comic books - probably a good idea to more or less do 2 books per game episode.

Comments

• edited July 2005
    Looks like Idle Thumbs will have their own Comic-Con Bone / Telltale interview up today or tomorrow. Some of the info may even contradict that of 1up above...
  • edited July 2005
    I hope you can pay without a credit card, if not alor of people will be getting excluded.
  • edited July 2005
    I hope you can pay without a credit card, if not alor of people will be getting excluded.
    Like China and India.
  • edited July 2005
    God bless you, Telltale! Possible Mac support is better than none at all!

Hmm... 4 episodes... does that mean we'll see Lucius and the rest of Barrelhaven in the first game, or does that one not cover the Great Cow Race?
  • edited July 2005
    Idle Thumbs now has their lovely 2-page preview of Bone up;

Comic-Con '05: Out From Boneville
  • edited July 2005
    Cool! The Jeff Smith quote at the start made me giggle :)
  • edited July 2005
    wow $20 is really cheap i was expecting a lot more.... if you bought 1 episode each successive episode you buy you should get a little discount..its a nice incentive to purchase all 4 :)
  • edited July 2005
    Has it been confirmed anywhere by Telltale themselves how many episodes there will be? Will there be nine, so there's one for each comic? Or will there be fewer, so the stories will overlap a bit in each game and people will have to pay less to get the whole series as it comes out?
    The Jeff Smith quote at the start made me giggle :)

Me too. Only adventure gamers will giggle at that. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.