Can't connect to tell tale servers

I just installed the first episode for season 2 and when I input my login info its not working.
I forwarded my ports and made sure it allowed incoming connections

Comments

• I also have this issue!

• I get Login Error, "can't connect to tell tale servers"

• Yeah, that's my problem!
    Glad I'm not the only one

defaulttag posted: »

I get Login Error, "can't connect to tell tale servers"

• Exact same error here, so yeah. I don't know what it is.

Yeah, that's my problem! Glad I'm not the only one

• I'm in the same boat.

• It is probably because everybody is trying to connect at once which is overloading the servers

• That is really disappointing if that is the case. I should have gotten a steam edition if I knew this was gonna be a problem

• Same here! I wanna get some FEELINGS on!!!

• Yea. I thought the same thing. What could go wrong.

That is really disappointing if that is the case. I should have gotten a steam edition if I knew this was gonna be a problem

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation: Please try launching The Walking Dead again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address. If you have played The Walking Dead Season 1 and are now trying to play Season 2, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Walking Dead.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type €€€€and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher€€/p>

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

• Thanks Mike.
    I'll try these

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation

• Still isn't working but I hope you can resolve the issue soon.

Thanks Mike. I'll try these

• still doesn't work

We are currently looking into the server connection issues, I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Thanks for responding and your hard work.
    I can't wait to play the game!

We are currently looking into the server connection issues, I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Thanks Mike! We appreciate the time you are putting into helping us quickly and smoothly. Telltale is wonderful.

• didnt work for me.
    this will only help if it is a software problem i guess, i think its just about the server capacity.
    what now, wait until 3am when nobody is trying to connect, or wait a week or two?
    sorry, but u guys gotta be kidding - where can i get my money back? or at least a steam key?

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation

• Yeah it's a server issue and they know it. Just posting that for whatever reason. This happened on the launch of TWD S1 and TWAU apparently aswell so they know their servers are going to get hammered.

Schwarzblut posted: »

didnt work for me. this will only help if it is a software problem i guess, i think its just about the server capacity. what now, wait until

• Mike.... as a felow dev, tell me you haven't set a very limited amount of connections to the login server? As that would be bad.

Also I am getting fed up, how about a refund thanks? Or sending me a Steam key. Having to wait like this on a simple thing is not good at all, it is actually giving your studios a huge ass negative mark.

• I have a feeling that this problem won't be resolved until after I head to work in 2 hours, guess I will be spending my time doing something else now, spent the last hour messing around trying to get it to work: Already frustrated enough about that and the fact that I didn't get a Steam key for the purchase on the TellTale store, really should have been clearer when they sell the game. I guess in the end it will be all worth it, can't wait to get the box copy with whatever extras it comes with.

dataturtle posted: »

Yeah it's a server issue and they know it. Just posting that for whatever reason. This happened on the launch of TWD S1 and TWAU apparently aswell so they know their servers are going to get hammered.

• i hope when i get back from finals it doesnt affect ps3

• Just for info I was having the same issue and then I installed Wolf amongst us which was a Tell Tale download as well, that connected and activated fine, then I tried walking dead 2 again and it also worked, hope that helps.

• No sorry, I tried all you said, it's still not working. The registry key doesnt even exist in my registry yet.

• This is like GTA 5 all over again

• I too, am getting this error. Very frustrating. I didn't even want to get it outside of steam, I failed to notice (and they weren't exactly making it very clear) that GMG don't let you activate it on Steam. Personally, I'd quite like a steam key if this doesn't get fixed, but for the meanwhile I'll just have to hope that the devs are hard at work and won't just run away from the problem like that bastard Mike Bithell.

• This is truly disgraceful. As has been noted a number of times, people who have pirated the game are playing before a decidedly non-trivial proportion of your paying customers. At the very least, TTG should issue Steam keys to affected players.

• Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

• Well, this is a shame. I waited a few hours after release just in case there were traffic issues, and it turns out traffic would have been the least of my worries. Oh well, I suppose I can wait another day for a fix or steam key or whatever the chosen remedy is this time. Not a huge deal besides being unable to talk to friends about it.

• Same issue here T_T

I apologize for the delay, we are currently looking into the server connection issues.

• Thank you Mike, gods speed.

I apologize for the delay, we are currently looking into the server connection issues.

• What I don't understand is how people that bought it on Steam can play the game without any trouble, whereas we have these problems when buying them directly from Telltale. Surely they run on the same server?

• Thanks to the team, regardless. Folks're just looking for a place to vent frustration.

• How disappointing...

• maybe steam uses different servers...

Nooooodlez posted: »

What I don't understand is how people that bought it on Steam can play the game without any trouble, whereas we have these problems when buying them directly from Telltale. Surely they run on the same server?

• edited December 2013

It was the last time I pre-ordered something...

EDIT: Now it told me that I didn't buy the game... so ask me to sign out and we where back at start

• I guess this was this was my first and last time i purchased something directly from Telltale. Anyone here who knowes if the Steam version works?

• reinstall the game. works now for me. had similar problem where it said i didn't own it.

Tazz_17 posted: »

It was the last time I pre-ordered something... EDIT: Now it told me that I didn't buy the game... so ask me to sign out and we where back at start

• When I attempt to boot the game, I don't even GET a login screen. Hitting the 'Start Game' button just immediately brings up the error screen.

This discussion has been closed.