Full Throttle series

edited July 2008 in General Chat
When LucasArts didn't proceed to do Full Throttle 2: Hell On Wheels
then maybe Telltale Games can take over the production.

I mean they have done so good with the Sam & Max series. :D

Let's bring the adventure from the 80´s back to the map and show
the publishers that the adventure genre deserves to live on...:)

Comments

• edited June 2008
    lucas arts dont give away or sell licences, the sam and max licence is owned by its creator steve purcell
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    lucas arts dont give away or sell licences, the sam and max licence is owned by its creator steve purcell

okey...well you can't blame the fans of the adventure genre to have some
    dreams and hopes...:rolleyes:
  • edited June 2008
    Chris23 wrote: »
    okey...well you can't blame the fans of the adventure genre to have some
    dreams and hopes...:rolleyes:

yeah i know, i too would love a second full throttle, it is one of my favourite games ever
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    yeah i know, i too would love a second full throttle, it is one of my favourite games ever

Glad to hear that we are a few or some fans who love
    the adventure genre to continue to be developed.

Even if the 80´s is over...:(
  • edited June 2008
    Hell on Wheels looked..... well, not the best...

->Linky<-
  • edited June 2008

->Linky<-

well if Telltale Games was giving the chance it´ll probably look better.
    Can't say..it's hard to live up to the classic when it's 3D. :o
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    I like Full Throttle enough that I don't know if I'd want to see a sequel.
  • edited June 2008
    I've never played it, I may have to look into it afer I've completely my big batch of retro Lucas games. Is the Dig worth it too?
  • edited June 2008
    What a question, YES!
  • edited June 2008
    It's not supposed to be a funny as the other adventure games is it?
  • edited June 2008
    No, not like the others but it's a marvel in story, characters, music, atmosphere, ... awesome! The best adventure they did in my opinion. It's the Monkey Island 1 of it's category.
  • edited June 2008
    It's also quite funny. It's just a different kind of humor than MI or Sam and Max.
  • edited June 2008

->Linky<-

That actually doesn't look too bad. The art style is about right. Still, I'd consider looking forward to Brutal Legend instead. :p
  • edited June 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    That actually doesn't look too bad.

Are you and I looking at the same screenshots?
  • edited June 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    No, not like the others but it's a marvel in story, characters, music, atmosphere, ... awesome! The best adventure they did in my opinion. It's the Monkey Island 1 of it's category.

I think I shall invest!
  • edited June 2008
    Definately, it's really fantastic!

The only bad thing is if it ends, you'll hunger for more and wonder why companies are releasing the adventures they do instead working on something like this. I don't wanna sound pathetic but a few games have something like a soul and The Dig is one of them.
  • edited June 2008
    Funny, I was just thinking about Full Throttle yesterday, and laughing to myself. Why was that? ... Oh yeah, there was a story on the news about someone building a house out of old 747 airplane sections, and I was thinking, that's not the only thing you can do with an old airplane....

It would be neat to see Telltale come up with something episodic based on Full Throttle, but alas, I'm also realistic. I had heard that the LucasArts sequel wasn't going to measure up to the original, either.
  • edited June 2008
    In all honesty, the original LucasArts games are classics and in my personal opinion - anymore games would taint them. They should be enjoyed as long lasting classics. Sequels just wouldn't suffice - and I'm guessing they'd do more to hurt the original games than improve them.

That's just my thought. TellTale should be focusing on new original franchises - which is what they are exactly doing with Strong Bad :)
  • edited June 2008
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    I had heard that the LucasArts sequel wasn't going to measure up to the original, either.

Yeah, it was going to be an action game anyway. (shudders)
  • edited July 2008
    I agree with Jake that most LucasArts clasics deserve to not have a sequel, does that make sense? Example. I love and treasure Grim Fandango. It is one of the most atmospheric, breathtaking games I have ever expierienced. I was quite upset when it ended, despite how long it was but I think a sequel would utterly ruin that classic. I would never look at it the same way, again. Same deal with Full Throttle....
  • edited July 2008
    If it was done well I would love to see a sequel to Full Throttle, or any classic LucasArts adventure for that matter. Even though there were doubts about Hell on Wheels, I was still disappointed that it was canceled.
  • edited July 2008
    Some games, like some movies, are diminished by the appearance of a sequel. Mysterysheep's example of Grim Fandango was accurate. Another example would be The Dig. Sometimes a story only needs one chapter to be told. If the characters have completed their arc, and the journey's complete, then a sequel almost always feels unnecessary. Weekend at Bernie's comes to mind...

Having never actually finished Full Throttle, I can't really say if a sequel is warranted. I wouldn't mind playing it again though! Or Grim Fandango, for that matter.
  • edited July 2008
    Well I must say that sequels can you either hate or love...but the fact that
    you love your favorite adventure game so much can't stand in the way for
    others to have dreams for more adventures with their favorite charaters.

Then even if a sequel turn out to be bad for some, others would love it.

Question is: Can a game really stop to just "One Classic" without having a sequel or sequels if their is a good story to a sequel?

Ex. just look at Sam & Max...;)
  • edited July 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    Some games, like some movies, are diminished by the appearance of a sequel.

*cough* the Matrix *cough*
  • edited July 2008
    *cough* the Matrix *cough*
    But would the original have been diminished by the sequels if the sequels had been good?
    I think that's the key point here; if they get sequels, they deserve to have GOOD sequels. Some people would rather not take the chance; some want it either way.
    Does that about sum it up?
  • edited July 2008
    Since most lucas arts games are forgotten why not let telltale make 3d version of the original games. Since besides monkey Island because it was released on the Ps2 most people don't know why Lucas arts was so good.
  • edited July 2008
    Since most lucas arts games are forgotten why not let telltale make 3d version of the original games. Since besides monkey Island because it was released on the Ps2 most people don't know why Lucas arts was so good.
    ... Except for all the people who played the games back when they came out around 15-20 years ago. But they don't count because they're old.
  • edited July 2008
    Is 20 old?!
  • edited July 2008
    Is 20 old?!
    (No. I was pointing out the problem with his post using sarcasm.)
    YES REEL MEN ARE AGE 15
  • edited July 2008
    I agree with Jake that most LucasArts clasics deserve to not have a sequel

I know what you guys mean when you say that, but at the same time I thought having different voice actors in Telltale's Sam & Max was a total turn - off and I just assumed it would spoil the game in a way, but hey ... New 3D Sam & Max came out just fine.

Telltale was passionate about this project and they had right people for the right jobs. I'm sure that a Full Throttle sequel would be just as good as new Sam & Max if people who worked on it would really know what they were doing.

If by some chance Tim Schafer and his Double Fine Productions would obtain the license for Full Throttle, I don't think people would mind. Just look at what they're up to at the moment. Brütal Legend seems like one fine harcore rock action adventure. I know I wouldn't mind the writer and designer of the original game handling the sequel.

Who's with me on this? Jake, admit it. If Tim and his team were to handle the game, would you seriously feel that it would somehow spoil the original?
  • edited July 2008
    u dont want back to the 80's u want back to the 90s :O full throttle came out in 95 i think :) it rocks, but tbh, the screenies of that cancelled FT2 game werent good, im glad they cancelled that, it looked so, weird, and to childishly to be full throttle:(
  • edited July 2008
    im 18 and im not that old:O and i STILL think full throttle is good:) makes me wanna play it again:) been some years since i did it now:(
  • edited July 2008
    Unfortunately they took of the full throttle graphic novel on deviant art. Someone should make Graphic novels of monkey island.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I agree with Jake that most LucasArts clasics deserve to not have a sequel, does that make sense?

I didn't say that. I said that Full Throttle specifically is a game that worked so well for me and that I thought closed so well that I wouldn't necessarily want another one. Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are all some of my favorite games ever, and they're all sequels. So, hey.
  • edited July 2008
    Unfortunately they took of the full throttle graphic novel on deviant art. Someone should make Graphic novels of monkey island.

That would be good to continue the story in graphic novels, if done correctly.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I didn't say that. I said that Full Throttle specifically is a game that worked so well for me and that I thought closed so well that I wouldn't necessarily want another one. Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis are all some of my favorite games ever, and they're all sequels. So, hey.

well it shows that some games are worth sequels...:)
  • edited July 2008
    I think it would be better to say that some stories don't need sequels. For instance, I would never want to see a sequel to Grim Fandango's story, but a sequel that had different characters and/or a different story could be quite good. Indiana Jones, on the other hand, is a character designed with all manner of different adventures in mind, so sequels are almost a given.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.