Oh my goodness... (penultimate Doctor Who spoilers!)

2wf0mtc.png

'nuff said.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    What are you doing?
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    What are you doing?

It's an English thing. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Are you spoiling something from the Dr Who finale? Based on the activities of my UK-dwelling facebook friends, that's the best I can come up with.
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Are you spoiling something from the Dr Who finale?

Of course not. The episode I took that screencap from has already aired (and finished exactly 44 minutes ago). :)
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    But not everyone in America has likely seen it though. ;)
  • edited June 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    But not everyone in America has likely seen it though. ;)

Not my problem!

Nah, just kidding. ;) I've added a warning to the title.
  • edited June 2008
    I've never been fussed about Doctor Who, don't mind it cos I think David Tennent is ace but the show never got me hooked, my friends though are addicted. The graphics remind me of Power Rangers or something!
  • edited June 2008
    Unfortunately, I already spoilt 90% of that last episode on myself (and my little bro, who now hates me) beforehand, and probably just as much of the next ep too /:

I spend way too much time on the Doctor Who fansites.
  • edited June 2008
    Well, let's see here... no idea who the exploding guy is, so that's not too spoiler-y... Rose is there, but I've known she'd show up again since the first episode of Series 4...
    Anyway, posting a screencap from an episode that hasn't aired in America on the forum for an American company?
    Classy. Real classy.
  • edited June 2008
    Doctor Who? :confused:
  • edited June 2008
    I hope Dylan Moran is the new Doctor

;)

Also the writing has been awful this series.
  • edited June 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    I hope Dylan Moran is the new Doctor
    My money's on David McDonald
  • edited June 2008
    You're a jerk, Guybrush Threepwood. You spoilt it for me. :(
  • edited June 2008
    Personally I want
    Antony Stewart Head
    to be the next Doctor
  • edited June 2008
    Personally I want
    Antony Stewart Head
    to be the next Doctor
    But he was already in the show, the headmaster in S2 - the episode which reintroduced Sarah-Jane Smith. They'd have to have some good explanation for ASH to be The Doctor if it was him.

As it is, I'm surprised the news as to who the new actor is hasn't leaked yet... after all, there'd been plenty of advanced announcements about companions and guest stars before they appeared... they've done well to keep all this under wraps
  • edited June 2008
    Nightlight wrote: »
    You're a jerk, Guybrush Threepwood. You spoilt it for me. :(

Dude, the thread title has a warning in it...
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Well, let's see here... no idea who the exploding guy is, so that's not too spoiler-y... Rose is there, but I've known she'd show up again since the first episode of Series 4...
    Anyway, posting a screencap from an episode that hasn't aired in America on the forum for an American company?
    Classy. Real classy.

Doesn't mean English people don't come here.

Plus it feels nice to be able to spoil things for Americans for once.

I'm kidding. :p
  • edited June 2008
    Dude, the thread title has a warning in it...

Only because I added it well after the fact. Dropping spoilers without warning isn't cool.
  • edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Only because I added it well after the fact. Dropping spoilers without warning isn't cool.

Huh? I put it in last night, as I said in a reply to Mel.

Oh well. Looks like this thread has taken a turn for the worse. Forget it.
  • edited June 2008
    You edited the post title, not the thread title.
  • edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    You edited the post title, not the thread title.

I apologise, it doesn't let members change the thread title.
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    But he was already in the show, the headmaster in S2 - the episode which reintroduced Sarah-Jane Smith. They'd have to have some good explanation for ASH to be The Doctor if it was him.

As it is, I'm surprised the news as to who the new actor is hasn't leaked yet... after all, there'd been plenty of advanced announcements about companions and guest stars before they appeared... they've done well to keep all this under wraps

Ah man I didn't know, I don't watch it but he would have been a freakin' sweet Doctor. He is GOD.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm going with the theory that the Doctor somehow remains David Tennant. Call it denial, but that's what I'm guessing.

(PS at Nightlight: In my excitement to watch the new episode, I found a clip of this on youtube. Ruined the end of the episode for me, so I know how you feel. Worst part is...I really have nobody to blame but myself...)
  • edited June 2008
    david tennant
    's head asplode!
  • edited June 2008
    I stumbled into the thread when the title was only 'Oh my goodness'.

I won't get to watch the new episode until tonight.
  • edited June 2008
    Okay, I've seen it now. I don't think the Doctor's dead. David Tennant has been contacted for a number of Doctor Who specials next year.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm surprised they managed to keep it a secret really... I mean woah. Me and my man were giggling going "YOU LYING SCUMBAG T DAVIS!"
    hahaha.

I agree, it feels sooooo goood to spoil stuff for the americans. They always spoil crap for us (just look at the tropes page or wikipedia, no spoiler tags because omg, american)
    It ticks me off.

Well, we'll see on Saturday wont we.. heheh.. I'm excited.
  • edited June 2008
    Nightlight: I can has spoiler tag?
    Okay, yes, I should know better by now, but I have this habit of reading all threads with new posts so that I don't have a bunch of new post icons all over.
    I'm weird like that.
  • edited June 2008
    Trogllama: Quit the lolspeak. No, it isn't clever. It never was.

This thread has gone way past the point of using spoilertags. If we were trying to enforce that song and dance then Guybrush Threepwood's image shouldn't be here anymore. :/
  • edited June 2008
    Just hoping there isn't another Davis Ex Machina like last year.

If everything's solved with "Oh, yeah, because the Earth was
    brought one second out of sync with the rest of the universe
    everything's back to normal when it gets put back" I'm not going to be impressed.

I heard he is trying to do a series reset though, to get it back to the status quo when Moffat takes over in 2010. I just hope it involves tying up loose ends rather than retconning it all.
  • edited July 2008
    badwolf> good point. Recon would be bad. I doubt they'd do that though.. right? It'd make too many rabid who geeks angry.. and you don't wanna see a rabid who geek angry lol.
  • edited July 2008
    GENUINE SPOILER! Just so everyone who hasn't seen the episode yet doesn't click it without thinking.
    Missing Donna already ): Best companion yet.

Pretty good episode, Turn Left's still the series highlight for me though.
  • edited July 2008
    That was the best two-parter series end so far. I've got to say, it took a while for this series to find it's feet, but when it did, it was one hell of a ride.
    Better than most of the stuff that gets shown in cinemas, let alone on TV.

Bring on 2010.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.