The Walking Dead: Season Two premiere - available to download now!

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Alt text

It's here! The Walking Dead: Season Two premiere, All That Remains, is now available to download from the Telltale Games online store. If you've already purchased the season, all you need to do is head over to your profile page and go to the 'My Games' tab to download it!

The season premiere is also available to download now for PC/Mac via Steam, and for PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network. It's coming to Xbox 360 tomorrow (Wednesday 18th December), and will land on iOS this week too.

If you've already played All That Remains, be sure to let us know what you think in the discussion forum (just PLEASE be mindful of spoilers for folks who haven't had a chance to play yet)!

Still on the fence? Check out what some of the very first reviewers had to say...

• Nerdist - "Telltale's phenomenal Fables-inspired The Wolf Among Us was my methadone, but nothing compares to the sweet rush of plunging back into the bleak, dangerous apocalyptica of The Walking Dead, and, to stick with this forced metaphor, Season Two is the Blue Sky of adventure games and a worthy successor ... It's difficult to judge All That Remains without considering that it's part of a whole, but for my money, it's a home run. Lightning, meet bottle - again."

• Game Trailers - 9/10 Editor's Choice - "The first episode of The Walking Dead's second season may only last an hour and a half, but it doesn't waste a single minute. Within one scene, Telltale will make you feel scared, hopeful, shocked, and repulsed, only to have the next several scenes do the exact same thing."

• IGN - 8/10 - "Not enough games are willing to pose provocative, contemplative questions like this, and it remains what makes The Walking Dead special ... I'm more invested in Clementine now than I’ve ever been, and I admire her believable independence and resolve."

• Newsarama - 10/10 - "Let's make this as simple and clear as possible: The Walking Dead Season 2 is a must-play game. Telltale has shown an expertise above and beyond anything they've done before, and Clementine is the most interesting playable character in a video game this year, if not beyond."

• Escapist - 9/10 - "Season One was like tossing your soul into a thresher. If All That Remains is anything to go by, this second season will burn the very heart of you."

• Mashable - "It's more like a high-stakes drama than ever before, and there was no moment that took me away from the fear of something - human or zombie - coming around a corner."

• Machinima - 9/10 - "Immediately after completing season 1's No Time Left, and after wiping away the tears, I was desperate for answers: I needed to know that Clementine was safe — all thanks to Telltale Games' great storytelling prowess at making captivating characters. Season 2 seems to be going in the same direction, in a more brutally direct way. There's so much more I want to talk about, but that would spoil the experience that awaits you."

• Joystiq - 9/10 - "The Walking Dead isn't a roller coaster of emotions; it's a seesaw. On one end sits the golden halo of the human spirit, strengthened by trust, dignity and love. On the other end slumps the shadow of death, mutilation and irrational violence ... Perched in the middle of this seesaw is Clementine. She is the balance, representing everything worth fighting for, worth decapitating for. Worth dying for. Clementine is the humanity in all of us"

• Game Informer - 8.5/10 - "Once again, Telltale refuses to pull any punches; the violence isn't softened just because Clementine is a child. I cringed more times than I was expecting during this episode due to some of the brutality, but that’s exactly what an episode of The Walking Dead should make you do."

• The Verge - "putting you in control of Clementine has turned All That Remains into perhaps the most intense episode yet, with horrible decisions to make and some truly gruesome scenes. The gameplay formula hasn't changed at all, but the emotional stakes only continue to rise."

Comments

• My hat is off to you telltale Episode 1 was worth every second of anticipation i spent over the past couple of months

• When on PS3 EU ? :(

• Please, add russian subtitles to your games! I have all of them in steam and we (I and my wife) enjoy plaing them. But my wife has some troubles with English (I have to translate games to her)))

I know that there are a lot of your games fans in Russia, so add Russian subtitles, please!

If you need some volunteer for that job - I'm in!

• Agreed. Telltale should really hire volunteer translators, for more languages than Russian.

crja72 posted: »

Please, add russian subtitles to your games! I have all of them in steam and we (I and my wife) enjoy plaing them. But my wife has some troubl

• it's out as of right now. go download and play!

When on PS3 EU ?

• Telltale, you should really look into the save files issue right away (PS3)...

• Oh, come on. We both know that russian subtitles are available two weeks later after original release. I'm russian too, but I can't say, that there are so many difficulties to understand. After finishing regular school you will be able to understand 95% of dialogues and text. But in the other hand, if there are lots of people who want professional-made subtitles, why not?

P.S. I can't wait to play ep.2. Hope it won't take too long to release it. And TWAU of course, serial killer must be revealed ASAP.

crja72 posted: »

Please, add russian subtitles to your games! I have all of them in steam and we (I and my wife) enjoy plaing them. But my wife has some troubl

• edited December 2013

English isn't the second lannguage in every school :) My wife had german and some of my friends - french.

I know, that there will be unofficial translation soon (excellent quality, by the way), but I want it out of the box.

Oh, come on. We both know that russian subtitles are available two weeks later after original release. I'm russian too, but I can't say, that

• Episode 2 awaits. Can't wait!

• We wrote a German review for our readers and the game is absolutely awesome!! We can't wait for the next episode :)

http://www.insidegames.ch/review/the-walking-dead-season-two-episode-1-review-test/

• I hope Kenny isn't in episode 2.

YakuzaCH posted: »

We wrote a German review for our readers and the game is absolutely awesome!! We can't wait for the next episode http://www.insidegames.ch/review/the-walking-dead-season-two-episode-1-review-test/

• What about The Wolf Among Us??? It's been over 2 months since the first episode was released.

• Why so many dislikes? TWD 2 seems great, I watched it on Youtube. Clem turned in kinda badass young surviver. Keep going TT

• CLEM KILLS DUMBLEDORE

• I'm sure we'll get something next month.

What about The Wolf Among Us??? It's been over 2 months since the first episode was released.

• I liked it. Can't wait for episode 2.

RCS339 posted: »

Why so many dislikes? TWD 2 seems great, I watched it on Youtube. Clem turned in kinda badass young surviver. Keep going TT

• Question if I may: At the end of episode 1, when Clem said " I thought you were dead" who do you think she meant?

• Ok! Episode 2! When's it comming?

• I'm so exited you play as clementine!

• THERE IS NO WAY I WILL BE BUYING SEASON 2 AFTER SEASON 1 IS SUCH A BROKEN DISGRACE ON PS VITA...

THE GAME IN UNPLAYABLE AND THE DEVELOPERS HAVE RELEASED THE MOST BUGGY SOFTWARE I HAVE EVER USED. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF.

FURTHERMORE TELLTALE "SUPPORT" IS NON-EXISTENT. I HAVE BEEN SOLD SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSE IT HAS BEEN SOLD FOR WHICH IS ILLEGAL.

I DEMAND EITHER A) AN UPDATE WITH BUG FIXES OR B) A FULL REFUND OF MY PURCHASE.

I WILL BE CONTACTING SONY ABOUT THIS ALSO TO SEE WHY ON EARTH THEY RELEASED THE SOFTWARE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

SEE ALSO HERE - https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/50581/vita-version-of-walking-dead-is-a-disgrace

• Please will it be The App Of The Week on app store and be free,or will you make it free limited time I don't have Credit Card

• I hope Telltale doesn't kill her at the end of season 2.

• I just beat Season one on my vita.... it's very playable. besides some lag

• Hi. I just joined TTG forum because The Walking Dead Season 2 game is not available in Ireland and I would like a member from TellTale Games to explain why this has happened. This is my own view, by the disc of the game is out, the arcade version of the game is released. I really love to play The Walking Dead because I got Xbox credit left to play the 1st Episode.

I hope someone can be able to help me out of this problem of the game being delayed

• When does the second episode come out for walking dead season 2?

• From the official F.A.Q. on Walking Dead: Season 2's page:

How many episodes are there in a season, and when are they made available?

There are five episodes in each season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart.

When does the second episode come out for walking dead season 2?

• I think that Telltale should make a "DEXTER" series.

• They told us in another thread that it was due to a late-breaking ratings issue. Which for Ireland at least presumably means the IFCO wanted to either re-rate it or make some content changes.

http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/54760/the-walking-dead-season-two-on-ps3-and-xbox-360-in-ireland-russia-nz

Rated2014 posted: »

Hi. I just joined TTG forum because The Walking Dead Season 2 game is not available in Ireland and I would like a member from TellTale Games t

This discussion has been closed.