Diablo III announced

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Ok guys, if you havent seen this one yet just go to the blizzard page and download both videos (cinematic and gameplay), its quite amazing what they have done so far.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    All I gotta say is WOW! That fight at the end was amazing!:eek:
  • edited June 2008
    It looks soooo shiny. I'm looking forward to this one, oh yes.
  • edited June 2008
    I just hope they work on the graphics a bit more... looks better than Warcraft III, but not by that much. I want to see better water effects... heck, BG: Dark Alliance had amazing water effects, and it was released around 2001 (not entirely certain as to this date).

Oh, and I want a great storyline as well. And gameplay. Ok, I want it all.

*Edit* Oh, but don't take me wrong. I am absolutely looking forward to this. I will be buying this on release day.
  • edited June 2008
    From what I've read, they're beefing up the story in this one. They're also enhancing the RPG elements, though what that means exactly I don't know. Both of those aspects would be good though, because as much as I enjoy Diablo, I've always found the gameplay a bit shallow.
  • edited July 2008
    Leonard Boyarsky, formerly of Troika and before a lead designer on Fallout, is apparently one of the leads on this. Combining him with Diablo and Blizzard is pretty much guaranteed awesome.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm looking forward to this, but there are many "hardcore" fans who Kotaku.com is making fun of for making a petition against it for being well... colorful in terran detail. : /
  • edited July 2008
    People are actually complaining about that? Haha, wow. I suppose they want everything to be the same shade of "shiny brown"?

I'm excited about this. I miss out on the first two, and this looks like too much fun!
  • edited July 2008
    People are actually complaining about that? Haha, wow. I suppose they want everything to be the same shade of "shiny brown"?

I'm not playing Diablo I or II...
  • edited July 2008

I'm excited about this. I miss out on the first two, and this looks like too much fun!
    The context around the phrase "'colorful' in terran detail" lead me to guess that he meant something else. What, I'm not exactly sure.
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, some people are complaining about it having too much color, though even me being an old fan i love the way they are making Diablo 3, and is funny i dont have a thing to complain about it, i mean... what will give you in gameplay a better water effect than sucking more hardware resources than needed?

Some others are complaining about it being too hack & slash... which is stupid since Diablo has allways been a H&S game ^^' (its like if someone expected the sam and max games to be shooters)
  • edited July 2008
    glenfx wrote: »
    Yeah, some people are complaining about it having too much color, though even me being an old fan i love the way they are making Diablo 3, and is funny i dont have a thing to complain about it, i mean... what will give you in gameplay a better water effect than sucking more hardware resources than needed?

Some others are complaining about it being too hack & slash... which is stupid since Diablo has allways been a H&S game ^^' (its like if someone expected the sam and max games to be shooters)

Not A Bad Idea at all.
  • edited July 2008
    hope it would be released soon!
    +442032395549 , 02032395549
  • edited July 2008
    Well Diablo 2 was kinda colorful but sadly when you take a 3d model and convert it to a 2d sprite pallete it kinda loses it's colorings. Act 2 was kinda a vast contrast from the rest of the Acts in color and enviroment. Diablo 3's is going to be more varied enviroments this time around and some people have already set up online petitions against the game for having a "cartoony" look and feel to it... Apparently these are the same people who didn't know how cliched and cartoony the Barbarian's skills were in Diablo 2 (Hello 30 yard leap and Whrilwind of doom!) Or how the Amazon was able to even use a bow without all that armor chaffing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.