Which Character Are You Most Like?

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Out of the Lucas Arts and Telltale games? I think I'm prob most like Laverne from DOTT. Ditzy, completely blonde, cooky way of walking with weird big eyes. What about you guys? I bet there are gonna be a few Max's for some reason...

27.jpg

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Um, I haven't played many Tell Tale games because I'm new, But I know I'm like three different characters, Bernard from Maniac Mansion, Max from Sam & Max (I love violence!), and Homestar from the upcoming SBCG4AP(minus being really dumb and a "Terrific athlete."
  • edited July 2008
    I've always identified with Guybrush Threepwood. I still want to be a pirate.
  • edited July 2008
    from lucasarts characters i would most likely identify myself with zak mckracken: kinda witty and a little cynical, but not really sucessful in general. also, it's quite a pain in the whatever if you always have to save the world to get a girl.
    from telltale games i am probably the cheat...
    <<see?
    ...even though i can't really say how he will be displayed in the sbcg4ap episodes, but let's assume he will be close to the cartoons.
    he is also quite witty, more than most of the guys around him, but also completely underestimated...because of that he is usually striving for attention...and trophies. forthermore, he becomes sick, when put in the dryer..
    (...)and Homestar from the upcoming SBCG4AP(minus being really dumb and a "Terrific athlete."
    homestar - (dumb + terrific athlete) = some guy with a propeller cap?
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    homestar - (dumb + terrific athlete) = some guy with a propeller cap?

Lemme rephrase that.Not Dumb as in "2 + 2? That's easy, 22." Dumb as in occasionally misspelling easy words, getting stuff wrong, and not understanding simple things. I do exercise and occasionally play sports, but get tired after about 5 minutes.
  • edited July 2008
    Lemme rephrase that.Not Dumb as in "2 + 2? That's easy, 22." Dumb as in occasionally misspelling easy words, getting stuff wrong, and not understanding simple things. I do exercise and occasionally play sports, but get tired after about 5 minutes.

I am confused. So you do think 2+2 = 22 but you spell easy words correctly and can understand simple concepts.
  • edited July 2008
    I am confused. So you do think 2+2 = 22 but you spell easy words correctly and can understand simple concepts.

No,I know 2 + 2 = 4, but occasionally misspell easy words and sometimes don't get simple concepts.
  • edited July 2008
    I think the closest I could get is Mercedes Colomar ("Meche") from Grim Fandango. People think I'm the sweet and innocent type, but I do have a bit of a bold/rash streak that got me into trouble at school as I was growing up.

meche.png(Yes, my copy of Grim Fandango is graphically buggy!)

Who I wish I was would be Sam (Sam & Max) or Maureen Corley (Full Throttle). ^_^
  • edited July 2008
    No,I know 2 + 2 = 4, but occasionally misspell easy words and sometimes don't get simple concepts.
    Silly person! 2+2 always makes a 5.

Anyways... You know, I couldn't really say. Since the trend here seems to be adventure game characters, I'd say Sam. Without the homicidal tendencies.
  • edited July 2008
    Umm... I... Am... Baby Glenn Miller?
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Silly person! 2+2 always makes a 5.
    Radiohead'd!

My first gut response to this was Manny Calavera, because he's rad, but I'm not sure I have enough protagonist cred. Are there any good sidekicks/lackeys? I am probably somewhere between the following:

Carl (of the C.O.P.S.) - Sam and Max 105 and later
    osborne1.jpg
    He's nerdy and precise to a fault, and his denial circuits are working overtime.

Future Christmas Spirit - Sam and Max 201
    xmasfutkidS5512.jpg
    He's shy!

Domino Hurley - Grim Fandango
    domino.jpg
    He'd be really likable if he wasn't a stooge working for evil.
  • edited July 2008
    Don't know that much about TTG, but from HomeStar I am definitely Coach Z... for no particular reason. I guess I enjoy wearing luminescent tight green leather jumpsuits, but that is probably the only similarity between us. >.>

*lurks silently into the shadows and dissappears*
  • edited July 2008
    Dunno, but my brother is definately like Stan:

stan.gif

They're both salesman, only I'd say my brother better at tricking people into buying things they don't want :D
  • Definetly Sam from Sam & Max!
    I own and drive a real 1960 DeSoto adventurer...(as well as a few other finned mopars) My old fridge is packed with otter pops and fudgi'cles.....I have several vintage 40's and 50's suits...but sadly I lack a violent lagamorph pal to cruise around the city and cause mayhem with....and help shop for sugary snack treats.
    I also tend to quell the sometimes overwhelming urge to fire unregistered firearms within city limits!
  • edited July 2008
    Definetly Sam from Sam & Max!
    I own and drive a real 1960 DeSoto adventurer...(as well as a few other finned mopars) My old fridge is packed with otter pops and fudgi'cles.....I have several vintage 40's and 50's suits...but sadly I lack a violent lagamorph pal to cruise around the city and cause mayhem with....and help shop for sugary snack treats.
    I also tend to quell the sometimes overwhelming urge to fire unregistered firearms within city limits!

Well maybe through this topic you'll be able to find your own little manic pal.
  • edited July 2008
    *ears perk*

Violent lagomorph-like personality? *raises hand*

I can has driving your DeSoto now?
  • edited July 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    *ears perk*

Violent lagomorph-like personality? *raises hand*

I can has driving your DeSoto now?

Only if you don't mind him digging his nails into the dashboard and screaming like a cheerleader.
  • edited July 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    Yes, my copy of Grim Fandango is graphically buggy!

Have you tried Residual? Grim Fandango will look great. The downside is that Residual tends to crash on some systems.
  • edited July 2008
    Speaking of Grim Fandango, I'm most like Manny Calavera. As in, that's how severely underweight I am ):
  • edited July 2008
    Purposely underweight or naturally?
  • edited July 2008
    Naturally. Really really high metabolism.
  • edited July 2008
    Then: You bastard!
  • edited July 2008
    Morden wrote: »
    Have you tried Residual? Grim Fandango will look great. The downside is that Residual tends to crash on some systems.

The crashing can't be as bad how it is now. I have to save in every room in fear of freezing and/or crashing. I'll check out the program. Thanks!
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Naturally. Really really high metabolism.

I have that problem too. Coupled with an often lack of appetite, I have to force myself to eat decent meals at certain times of day or I'll get headaches (at the very least).
  • edited July 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    The crashing can't be as bad how it is now. I have to save in every room in fear of freezing and/or crashing. I'll check out the program. Thanks!

Residual is still being developed and at the moment you won't be able to play through the whole game. The latest build allows you to play as far as Meche leaves Manny in Rubacava, Year 2. Oh ... I just browsed through Residual's readme file and it turns out that save function is not implemented. Haha. Some tip that was ...

Anyways, Grim Fandango runs on my XP just fine. With no alterations or third party loaders too. I played through the game in both accelerated and software modes and everything worked just fine. You must be out of luck if it doesn't work for you.
  • edited July 2008
    I've just got Grim Fandango second hand and it keeps crashing on XP, so it's not just me then?
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Have a look at this thread on LucasForums and see if it gets your Grim Fandango XP issues sorted. Sadly, I haven't tried to play Grim Fandango in earnest since switching to XP, but I think there are people who have gotten it to work.

So, how about those characters that people identify with? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    David E wrote: »
    Have a look at this thread on LucasForums and see if it gets your Grim Fandango XP issues sorted. Sadly, I haven't tried to play Grim Fandango in earnest since switching to XP, but I think there are people who have gotten it to work.

flint paper - violent tendencies
    george stobbart(not lucasarts or telltale i know) - charismatic and clever.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks for that, will have a look tonight!
  • edited July 2008
    David E wrote: »

For the record, it plays on mine but after switching from an integrated chip to an actual graphics card, all the characters have major graphical glitches on them.
  • Well maybe through this topic you'll be able to find your own little manic pal.

HaHa!,I'm still trying to find the other half of a tuna sandwich that slid down somewhere into the seat! so far no luck!
  • edited July 2008
    I choose Govenor Elain "Marley" Threepwood, because I like brash and bold female icons.
  • edited July 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Speaking of Grim Fandango, I'm most like Manny Calavera. As in, that's how severely underweight I am ):

So am I...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.