Happy Independence Day!

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Just wanted to wish you Americans (and that means you, President Max!) a happy 4th! It was 232 years ago our founding fathers declared independence, and created our country through toil, sweat, and a dive through the window (a Hoagie-caused fire was to blame for THAT.)

Comments

• edited July 2008
    America, America, doot doot doot doot doot doooo...
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, say can you see?
    If not, you are blind.
    I forgot the lyrics
    so why am I still here?

In the land of the fleas
    And the home of the Braves

Sorry if that offended anyone. It's not meant to. I AM American and I DO know the lyrics. ....kind of.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Oh, say can you see?
    If not, you are blind.
    I forgot the lyrics
    so why am I still here?

In the land of the fleas
    And the home of the Braves

Sorry if that offended anyone. It's not meant to. I AM American and I DO know the lyrics. ....kind of.
    Me too.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    5819~American-Eagle-and-Flag-II-Posters.jpg
    max_portrait.png

edit: Whoa look at the "lens flare" on that eagle! Don't know how I missed it before. I hope they tone that down before the Wii box ships!!
  • edited July 2008
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are doomed to live a life of detachment from reality, as well as looseness of morals.
  • I celebrated the 4th the good 'ol American way!
    By abusing the personal freedoms this great country of ours offers!
    For starters I played an exicting game of Fizzball in our local park until some beer can flak took out a joggers eye,after that a bunch of the players seemed to lose interest in the game and suddenly remembered that "there was this thing that they forgot they needed to do".
    After all that foamy skin ripping excitement I decided to take a much needed nap on the hood of the DeSoto,only to be rudely woken from my wistfully violent reverie by a big ill tempered cop with tuna breath and a baton that looked to have seen much more than its normal amount of service who decided to write me a ticket for parking my DeSoto across three handicapped parking spaces...He didnt seem to care when I explained that I had to park that way to unload the mountainous stack of beer so the players could start batting practice...(several minors eagerly helped me in this task!) in fact it seemed to make him more angry...he said something nonsensical about open containers in a public park...but thankfully I had enough cheap evil smelling beer left over to bribe the officer with!
    After that Max and I drank a ton of vintage "funny face" drink mix from 1964 that we had been saving for a special ocassion like the 4th of July....(or Anteater awareness week.).....you know the good stuff with cyclamates!
    after an intense laughing jag brought on by the crude yet undeniably funny ethnic stereotype on the package of "chinese cherry" things got all fuzzy and vauge and I awoke the next day in a rancid pool of sticky otter pop packages and expired pimento loaf.
    Man thats the last time I mix Funny face & otter pops!
    Happy fourth everyone!
  • edited July 2008
    Although I find (some of) the new Muppet performers to be only so-so, this is pretty quality:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA9NbPAK8o
  • edited July 2008
    his face reminds me of a avatar somewhere on this forum.....
    oh yes! Jake your avatar looks nice as Sam
Sign in to comment in this discussion.