How long will this game be?

edited March 2006 in Bone
Second time through, I completed Bone in an hour, which is pretty disappointing. The issue here is that before I part with my hard-given-to-me-by-the-government-to-fund-my-education money on part 2, I kinda need some reassurance that it's likely to be longer, perhaps more difficult, and seem like it's worth buying at the price.

Of course it couldn't possibly be better written and voiced, or more charming, but that's not the point.

Comments

• edited March 2006
    didn't take long for that question to come out :p
  • edited March 2006
    Telltale already said it will be longer. But if you want reassurance, your best bet will be to just wait for the reviews to come out and see what they say about the game's length. You can hold off for a week or two, right? And if you can't, well, that means you already bought the game and Telltale has your money now, sucker. ;)
  • edited March 2006
    MarkusDragon

I can assure you, you will feel very satisfied with your decision to divert the governments money to us, after you have completed the Great Cow Race.

Longer, filled with more stuff and more challenging for sure, and the story starts getting deeper as well.

Thanks for the kind words about the first game as well! We really appreciate your support!

Dan
  • edited March 2006
    I played an "in progress" version of the game about a month ago and it took me four hours. This was without any voice acting, cutscenes, or mini games implemented, which certainly would have added to the length. It's definitely a longer and more in-depth game than Out from Boneville.
  • edited March 2006
    If the game is between 4-6 hours play I'll be happy :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    The game's definitely shaping up to be longer, and the puzzles are more involved and weave between each other in that special way only adventure game puzzles can do. Regarding the length, here's what Emily over at Adventure Gamers said in the preview they posted a couple weeks ago:
    I can't begin to guess how long it will take the average player to go through The Great Cow Race, but I can assure you that I played for four hours straight, without cutscenes, mini games, or voice acting implemented, and I didn't quite reach the end.
  • edited March 2006
    Jake, working for Telltale now!? In what capacity might I ask?

Edit: Never mind. Good stuff. And Tabacco too!
  • edited March 2006
    Jake, working for Telltale now!? In what capacity might I ask?

Edit: Never mind. Good stuff. And Tabacco too!

What?!? I didn't do nothin'!

(Oh wait...)
  • edited March 2006
    Well, that's good and reassuring. I wouldn't be bothered, but I grew up on good old SCUMM, so finishing games in one sitting without ever really having much trouble with the puzzles really doesn't feel right :P.

Come to think of it, I actually bought CMI from a second hand games store today...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    Wow how did I miss Emily posting in here exactly what I quoted from another article? Failure. Sorry about that. shifty.gif
  • edited March 2006
    Wow how did I miss Emily posting in here exactly what I quoted from another article? Failure. Sorry about that. shifty.gif

No cookie for you.
  • edited March 2006
    I'm not terribly concerned about the length of the game assuming I can happily play it at least twice. If there's lots of crazy awesome stuff in it then I'll be super happy. Like Psychonauts. You can play through the game without exploring everywhere and collecting stuff and still have a really good time but when you play it through a second time you find there's plenty of random awesome little things to hear and find out. In all truth I guess it doesn't really matter as I'll be downloading and playing the game the moment I can despite what anyone says. Unless they say it'll make my head explode or something. Because my head is important for thinkin' with. And banging into stuff. If the game makes your head explode you guys will warn me right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.