XX Days left!

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
Today we can definitively tell you that the wait is... well, not over, but, you know almost over. In a little over a month, on October 17, people in the United States can sign up for GameTap and play the pilot episode of Sam & Max: Season 1 in all its glory. And as of November 1, the episode will be available for purchase from Telltale's site for anyone and everyone who wants it. That's right, folks. Sam & Max are on the verge of taking over the world.

54 Days left!

It's like waiting to get dismissed from the army all over again. :(|)

Comments

• edited September 2006
    HELL YEAH!
    Gee, I just wet my pants.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    It's like waiting to get dismissed from the army all over again. :(|)

Sam & Max: Season 1 -- It's Better Than Boot Camp

I smell a marketing campaign...
  • edited September 2006
    In sweden: 53 days left
  • edited September 2006
    In South Africa! ... 2 months. Waaaa. :((
  • edited September 2006
    I'm excited! Woo! I wonder whether I should wait for the day to come or simply go outside and drive my car into a big wall in the hopes that I go into a coma and awaken on the exact day that Sam and Max gets released for everyone outside America. At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter...

Also, screw you GameTap and your American exclusivity, screw you.
  • edited September 2006

Dude you're not missing anything. $20 a month is too much even if it's the pilot of Sam & Max. But I'm PUMPED!!! I can't wait for the Season Box Set to come out because its convenient.

I know you'll do well Telltale.
    [\:D/]
  • edited September 2006
    Dude you're not missing anything. $20 a month is too much even if it's the pilot of Sam & Max.
    [\:D/]

Good thing it's only $10 a month then, eh? :p
  • edited September 2006

Dude you're not missing anything.

But there's so much of the old crap I remember playing on my friend's old Sega and stuff. Sonic, Megaman, Earthworm Jim! Woo! And Planescape: Torment is just sitting there without any kind of big fuss? That's pretty awesome.

I read the list of games titles and occasionally I'm forced to stand up and stomp and snort for a while then go and try to make Discworld Noir play on my laptop (Damn you to hell XP, I'll make you play all my old games and you'll like it! If you weren't so much less likely to crash compared to my trusty-but-somewhat-crusty Win95 there'd be some reinstalling of OS's going on. And Win95 is BAD).

Theoretically I could go on out and just download the ol' roms but that makes me feel dirty and bad. Also, it's a right bastard using most emulators. Plus PC games such as Planescape: Torment are really hard to find. So, you know. Bleh.
  • edited September 2006
    44 days left!
  • edited October 2006
    31 days left!
    That's precisely one month.
    16 days for Gametap customers!
  • edited October 2006
    30 days left
    (and 15 days for gametapers!)
  • edited October 2006
    20 days left!
    5 for gametappers. :(|)
  • edited October 2006
    Oo, I need to hurry up and order.

I'm really really really looking forward to this, especially since I compared the HTR and Telltale voices, and realized I totally preferred Telltale's take. Sam's HTR voice was... nasally.
  • edited October 2006
    19 days left and 4 days for the gametappers! :D
  • edited October 2006
    I'm excited! Woo! I wonder whether I should wait for the day to come or simply go outside and drive my car into a big wall in the hopes that I go into a coma and awaken on the exact day that Sam and Max gets released for everyone outside America.

That's funny.

I just played the music that was released. I played THE OFFICE, and within a second of listening to it, my brother (who played the game a LOOOONG time ago) said; "Hey, that sounds like Sam & Max?!" I thought that was pretty darn good, as he's not nearly as big a Sam & Max fan as I am. He didn't even know there was a new Sam & Max game coming out.

Rank up another kudos point for Jared Emerson-Johnson ;)
  • edited October 2006
    2 days left for Gametappers! At least we others get to see a few reviews meanwhile.

17 days for us.
  • edited October 2006
    Yeah! 1 single day for Gametappers!

16 days for us :p
  • edited October 2006
    Tomorrow pain in the ass is gonna start for Europe :((
  • edited October 2006
    yeah I don't really go for all that pay a monthy fee crap for games. I feel too rushed to finish them and don't really enjoy them as much as I would if it was just one fee. Many people want value for their money and get sucked into playing all the time. Just look at world of warcraft... so many lost souls
  • edited October 2006
    yeah I don't really go for all that pay a monthy fee crap for games. I feel too rushed to finish them and don't really enjoy them as much as I would if it was just one fee

Couldn't you pay the $50 for one year thing? (I'm not trying to market here, just a suggestion)
  • edited October 2006
    I feel too rushed to finish them and don't really enjoy them as much as I would if it was just one fee. Many people want value for their money and get sucked into playing all the time.

There is no use trying to stress yourself to play everything at once. You are paying the same price for the service no matter how much or little you play. Play at your own pace and don't worry about "getting your money's worth". You'll thank yourself in the long run and end up having a lot more fun with it.
    Couldn't you pay the $50 for one year thing? (I'm not trying to market here, just a suggestion)

Yeah, I recommend taking advantage of that limited time offer if you are interested in Gametap. It's a great value ($4.95/month).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.