Help please

edited July 2008 in General Chat
I have installed sam and max on a laptop, but i cant use the laptop anymore so i was gonna install it on my gateway desktop pc, it uses windows xp, i opened my cd drive and put in the game and waited, like after 30 seconds nothing came up on the screen, and the cd drive opened back up and spit the game out, WTF, what is wrong and how can i fix it.......PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Umm... when you put in the disc open up My Computer and click on the drive it's in? I'm really not sure what the problem is, but you can try it.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah that didnt work, also the drive is a rewritable drive which means i can burn cds, idk if that has anything to do with it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    From where did you buy the game? Was it the retail version bought in a store, or was it Telltale's bonus disc release as sold on our website?

Did it look more like this:

1- retail release version
    51Me1a6Jp3L._SS400_.jpg

Or like this:

2- telltale store's bonus disc version
    seasondisc_boxart.gif

I don't remember the exact details (due to not doing customer support very often), but I remember hearing that some people had some weird issues with early versions of the retail release of the disc (the first of the two photos), where their PC would show the disc as empty or invald.

Your best bet, however, may be to just write in to support@telltalegames.com where someone who knows more than I do can get back to you :)

Best of luck, and sorry for your troubles!
  • edited July 2008
    its the bonus disc version ( 2nd pic)
  • edited July 2008
    Well if it's a CD-Rom or CD-RW drive on the computer that's your problem right there. The Telltale Bonus Disc is a DVD, not a CD. But if it's a DVD-ROM or DVD RW drive then you definitly need ot contact support.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.