Crash after intro text

I've done everything asked and here is the send space link http://www.sendspace.com/file/yx4jsq

I have been able to play other games on this computer perfectly fine like The Walking Dead and Back to the Future. This game starts up fine but I've even changed the settings to low but it still won't continue past the text no matter what I do. I've also tried playing on 2 of my other home computers but each one for some reason won't work, not even my best spec one.

To be honest I'm getting upset over this that not a single comp can play this game. My windows 8 comp won't even load pass the "Click anywhere to continue" At the startup. Just leaves me with a black screen for hours no matter what I do. My windows 7 comps react the same after the text. I hope this all gets fixed soon.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

The savegame folder looks corrupted.

Please disable steam cloud for TWAU (In Steam, right click TWAU and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWAU ).

Then delete the savegame folder:
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us

Please also verify the game cache files.

You might have to do that on each computer, because steam cloud probably synced the broken savegame folder to them.

On this computer you also need to delete the dinput8.dll from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us

Problem signature:
    P1: TheWolfAmongUs.exe
    P2: 2013.10.10.25546
    P3: 52570eb1
    P4: igdumd32.dll
    P5: 8.15.10.2476
    P6: 4e415161
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0000171a

Some of the crashes were definitely caused by your integrated graphics chip, which doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.
    You can try installing the latest drivers or changing the ingame graphics settings helps, but it might not work.

If it still crashes on the other computers, please post their support tool data. If they have better graphics chips chances are good it's fixable.

This discussion has been closed.