Interested in creating a Street Team?

edited July 2005 in General Chat
If you don't already know, a street team is a bunch of people with no lives, or extra time, that go out and help promote a company or event. In this such a case, Telltale happens to be the company. You will not get paid, but you will receive a hefty load of satisfaction for helping out your favorite new game company. Best part is, you get off your lazy ass and breathe fresh air while doing something productive for a change. Ok, you can smoke a cigarrette or what have you. But remember, it all starts with YOU. Savy? Now who wants to do this?

Ooooh oooh! Me me me me meeee!

Comments

• edited November 2004
    i'd definatly do a streat team thing. but inorder to do that we would definalty need some major orginization.
  • edited November 2004
    Not only would we need organization, but dedication is the key ingredient here.
  • edited November 2004
    noone can be more dedicated then I!

we should ask the guys at telltale what we should do.
  • edited November 2004
    There's nothing to do until their first game is available for purchase. And that's probably a year away, so, y'know, chill for a while... I-)
  • edited November 2004
    Hehe, if Telltale allows to set something up or even does this on their own, don't forget to count Telltaled in. ;)
  • edited November 2004
    There's nothing to do until their first game is available for purchase. And that's probably a year away, so, y'know, chill for a while... I-)

Very true, but we need an idea if this is possible or not. I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people are interested in setting something up.
  • edited November 2004
    Count me in--that is, if "the one person on this entire campus who actually knows what adventure games are" counts as a street team. ;)
  • edited November 2004
    i guess this street team thing isnt going to work. we dont even count as a sidewalk team with 3 people
  • edited November 2004
    i dont thinks this is good
  • edited November 2004
    Yeah, you're right. Come on guys, maybe we'll find other solutions to promote our favourite company...
  • edited November 2004
    one step ahead of you. i already got Telltale Games tattooed on my forehead. And a prince albert, but thats neither here nor there...
  • edited July 2005
    Greetings,

Last fall, a noble person from this forum sparked a great idea - which has lead to the creation of a virtual street team for supporting Telltale's games.

I'm posting this note to ask if you all are interested in signing up for this elite team.

We've posted a page online, which describes this in more detail.

http://teambone.telltalegames.com

In a nutshell, we'd like to enlist you to help in spreading the word about Telltale's unique form of games. In exchange, we will not only help in organizing your efforts, but we will also provide you with great gifts in exchange for your support.

We're planning to start with a core group of 10 to 20 team members, so if you're interested, please come on over to the site to learn more and sign-up today.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Joel Dreskin
    Telltale Marketing
  • edited July 2005
    Oh man, it's called "Team Bone." Tee hee. How can anyone pass this up? :D You (yes you) can be a member of Team Bone! :)
  • edited July 2005
    We can tell people we're Boners! :))
  • edited July 2005

Reading that page I noticed that you are focusing only on US forums and not on International ones (e.g. European) ; moreover you are advertising Bone only in (hard-core) gamers forums not in *casual* ones. The most important fact is Bone is enjoyable by everyone not only by LucasFans...
    So please include in that list european (international) and casual forums so my baker can play Bone too!

Ciao!
  • edited July 2005
    So please include in that list european (international) and casual forums so my baker can play Bone too!
    Hi Emmenem'
    Here's an excerpt from an important portion of the teambone.telltalegames.com page:
    Please also feel welcome to suggest other worthwhile forums.
    We'd love to have you join the team and help in spreading word to favorite forums in your area ... and we'd love to have your baker play Bone!

So far, we have International Team Bone representatives in Norway, New Zealand and Ireland!

Best regards,
    - Joel Dreskin
    Telltale Marketing
Sign in to comment in this discussion.