Any truth to the rumour?

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Hi, I'm new to these forums. Please be gentle.

I've heard that TellTale might be bringing back Monkey Island and that it'll be downloadable and possibly even episodic, like the new Sam & Max games.

I haven't seen any other information to confirm this so I'm guessing it's just bull****, but I can't really say that until I've asked at the source.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    TellTale denies this frequently (go see the latest blog post, for example). So, either they're not bringing back Monkey Island, or they're being really sneaky about it.

"Everybody, try out our new game, Primate Isthmus, starring Guythreep Brushwood...."
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry, I did use the forum search feature but I didn't think to check the blog.

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    We're not bringing back Monkey Island.

Also, welcome to the forums :)
  • edited July 2008
    couldn't you just make a sticky post like "we're not doing monkey island or any other lucasarts franchise besides sam&max"..
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    couldn't you just make a sticky post like "we're not doing monkey island or any other lucasarts franchise besides sam&max"..

It wouldn't make any difference :(
  • edited July 2008
    We can dream.

Anyway welcome!
  • edited July 2008
    You could make it your new slogan:

TELLTALE GAMES,
    We put the NOT in 'We're NOT Making Monkey Island'
  • edited July 2008
    fco. wrote: »
    You could make it your new slogan:

TELLTALE GAMES,
    We put the NOT in 'We're NOT Making Monkey Island'

I totally second that awesome slogan.
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It wouldn't make any difference :(

hmm, then maybe you should it in the page header...telltale games, not making monkey island since 2004. ;)

btw, are you asked this questions a lot? i mean, are your friends coming to you like: "ohh, you work for telltale? when will the next monkey island be out?"
  • edited July 2008
    They don't have time for friends, because they're too busy working on Day of the Tentacle 2.
  • edited July 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    They don't have time for friends, because they're too busy working on Day of the Tentacle 2.

Don't you mean Maniac Mansion 3?

And no, I don't believe that any previous LucasArts games are Telltale's third as-yet-unannounced series.

We can just wait and see, and those going to SDCC will probably hear a little before the rest of us.
  • edited July 2008
    The third series is probably going to be something way out there like Nancy Drew, The View, or Blue's Clues.
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, a View game... that's frightening.
  • edited July 2008
    Oooooooooooooh, do we get to play as Donald Trump?

OK, sorry, too many bad visuals here....
  • edited July 2008

I'm not hearing a noooooo..... :eek:
  • edited July 2008
    I want to go on record and guess the new series is The Tick.

I have no idea how that would work out as a point and click game though... ^^;
  • edited July 2008

Yet intriguing...
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not hearing a noooooo..... :eek:
    No!
  • edited July 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    No!

I really wished you had Bizaro in your avatar and not Grundy.
  • edited July 2008
    The third series is probably going to be something way out there like Nancy Drew, The View, or Blue's Clues.

if the view is frightening, then what about the third sugestion?
  • edited July 2008
    if the view is frightening, then what about the third sugestion?

Not nearly as frightening as the View would be, that's for sure. A Blue's Clues game would just be another kiddie game I'd have little interest in. But a game of the View would be an unholy abomination visited upon the Earth, and would require silver weapons and ancient magic to seal it back in its lair.
  • edited July 2008
    a futurama adventure game could work pretty well. if done right
  • edited July 2008
    now that would be awsome.
  • edited July 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    I want to go on record and guess the new series is The Tick.

that would be EXCELLENT.

then all they'd need to do is eek! the cat and pretty much all my favorite FOX saturday morning shows would be represented :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.