The Dreamtime in Bone

edited October 2008 in Bone
I couldn't help but notice that the stone carvings in the intro of Bone resemble the Austrailian aboringinal myths of "The Dreamtime". Mim, the Queen of Dragons, looks like the Rainbow Serpert, the Creator of the Dreamtime; and the female figure with the star on her chest looks like the other spirit whose name I can't pronounce but would dub him the "Star Being" who works alongside the Rainbow Serpert in the creation of the heavens. Was the maker of the Bone comics familiar with Dreamtime mythology and used it to produce an important plotline in the story?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Apparently so, at least according to Wikipedia (there is a citation, but it's to a publication that isn't on the web)

I recently bought the Bone: One Volume Edition so I could read the whole saga. I quite enjoyed it! Bloody thick book....
  • edited October 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Apparently so, at least according to Wikipedia (there is a citation, but it's to a publication that isn't on the web)

I recently bought the Bone: One Volume Edition so I could read the whole saga. I quite enjoyed it! Bloody thick book....

You bought the one volume edition?!:eek: Someone not on this site told me their was only one in existence! And it just so happens that the place that carries it is the city library! the one i go to!:eek:
  • edited October 2008
    Er... it was on Amazon for about USD20 a while back. It's black and white, softcover. I think the colour versions coming out now would probably be nicer, but a) they're not all out and b) it's 8 or so books to buy.
  • edited October 2008
    and i saw several at chapters. like, 5 of them.
    and they WERE bloody thick.
  • edited October 2008
    and i saw several at chapters. like, 5 of them.
    and they WERE bloody thick.

Bloody? Are you British or something? Not that i'm trying to offend you in anyway!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.