Comic-con 2008

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Telltale will be at Comic-con this year!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    You mean like this blog we posted yesterday? :)

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-354
  • edited July 2008
    Too bad I can't make it this year. But I did catch the Telltale folks at PAX last year. I even got to have a nice chat with Dave Grossman for a bit. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Man, I wish I could go. There's so much stuff happening at Comic-Con this year that I wish I could see...

Oh, well. I'll just have to wait for the news sites to talk about the presentation in the meantime. Maybe LittleKuriboh will post something on his blog since he'll be at the panel as well...
  • edited July 2008
    I'll be there on Saturday, and will have my camera in tow. So, I'll see what I can manage to get photos and/or videos of. I posted a portion of my Comic Con 2008 itinerary on spaceruckus.blogspot.com (hopefully, I'm not breaking any rules by posting an off-site link).
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    (hopefully, I'm not breaking any rules by posting an off-site link).

BURN HIM UP!!

...no it's fine.
  • edited July 2008
    So...
    Preview night was fun. The 1-hour queue to get in was totally worth the few minutes I spent playing SBCG4AP.
  • edited July 2008
    AllenB wrote: »
    So...
    Preview night was fun. The 1-hour queue to get in was totally worth the few minutes I spent playing SBCG4AP.

Any signs of the new Mystery Franchise around the Telltale booth?
  • edited July 2008
    Unless the Mystery Franchise manifesto is hidden under Tester Scott's seat, no.

Seriously, I never saw that guy stand up once.
    And Steve Purcell doesn't have a booth this year :(
  • edited July 2008

laaaame. I guess he can mootch off the Telltale one.
  • edited July 2008

*gasp* sacrilege!
  • edited July 2008
    I got the flu! On Thursday morning! And as such I missed both panels yesterday :(
    I regret having bought a 4-day pass.
  • edited July 2008
    I got the flu! On Thursday morning! And as such I missed both panels yesterday :(

Somehow this actually makes me sad... get better soon! You still have Saturday and Sunday right? Or am I off on what days the convention is taking place?
  • edited July 2008
    There must be a lot of bad germs flying around at the convention center, which I don't doubt with all of those unkempt fans. Maybe I should do like Monk tomorrow, and use a tissue paper after shaking hands with anyone.

I hope that you get better soon, Allen. It'd be a shame if you miss tomorrow's Telltale panel.
  • edited July 2008
    Dirty nerds. Hose em down!
  • edited July 2008
    But I don't like water...
  • edited July 2008

That really sucks dude! Though if I was you I would have come anyway, even if I had to crawl!
  • edited July 2008
    Totally worth going in today. I randomly met Mike Stemmle when I walked in, and randomly met Steve Purcell about 5 times.
  • edited July 2008
    "Randomly" met Steve Purcell 5 times? mmhmm lol
  • edited July 2008
    I just got back from Comic-Con. It was freaking awesome! I met lots of great people, but most importantly to the people reading this site, I met Steve Purcell. Allen and I actually had quite a bit of time to chat with the main man himself while making our way back over to the Telltale booth after the panel. We felt like VIPs. Back at the booth, I also chatted with Chuck Jordan, Jake Rodkin, and briefly with Mark Darin.

Before any Strong Bad fans ask, no, the Chapman brothers weren't there. Personally, there were only a few people that I regret not being able to meet. One of them being Dave Grossman. He left the other day. That really sucks, I know. I was also hoping to meet Ron Gilbert (wherever he may be), but no such luck.

I have to give special thanks to Steve Purcell for signing not one, but five things that I brought along. I'd also like to thank Jake Rodkin for not beating me up over that "downtime e-mail" that I sent last year. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.

I'll try to post a complete blog update tomorrow or Monday about the Telltale panel, and other things that caught my eye. Obviously, though, there was certain "stuff" that I wasn't allowed to film, but I have a feeling that "stuff" will be released by Telltale at some point (soon, maybe).
  • edited July 2008
    Man, I hate living in the UK, I miss all the decent stuff!.
  • edited July 2008
    I uploaded my photo set from Comic-Con to Flickr, for anyone that is interested:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billgrig/sets/72157606398881316/
  • edited July 2008
    Man, I hate living in the UK, I miss all the decent stuff!.

Your NOT alone... at least there is more of these kind of conventions going on in Europe than in south America where we have NONE >_<
  • edited July 2008
    sure, but what are conventions good for, if no one from telltale shows up. have they been to cons outside the us so far? i totally hope telltale will have a booth at games convention somewhere in the future...
    mhaley wrote: »
    I'd also like to thank Jake Rodkin for not beating me up over that "downtime e-mail" that I sent last year. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.
    don't be sad, he probably just didn't recognize you. i'm sure, if you tell him, you should be able to receive your proper beatin' next year..;)
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    don't be sad, he probably just didn't recognize you. i'm sure, if you tell him, you should be able to receive your proper beatin' next year..;)
    Oh, Jake recognized me. The first thing that he said was, "Am I suppose to beat you up?" I think that Allen got to him before I did, though.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh I have a story that amused me...I was waiting outside the room for Steve's spotlight panel with my brother and friends (and Plush Max) when Steve wandered up, looking a tad baffled. I called out "Steeeeeeeve! :D" and he came and sat with us and started telling me about how he was expecting a smaller room and he hoped this one didn't end up half-empty and all that. A few minutes later he went to go make sure there was someone in the room who would know how to run the computer presentation on the screen. My friends (who hadn't said anything until then) all looked at me and were like "That was Steve Purcell!! D: D: D:" Their expressions were just funny. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    ^ Heh, that's awesome. I'd probably act the same way. :p Steve Purcell is one of the very few famous folk I'd actually be hyped about meeting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.