Tester Scott's Photos SDCC 2008

2»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Most likely, the censor didn't know it was a statue?

....well, I had to do a double-take. xD

That Math Kickers box art is even funnier than the Snake Boxer art! xD

I'm 100% in love with Videlectrix right now. I'm more excited about Math Kickers than I am about the actual episode 2! O_O
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I didn't realize that she was dressed like Sybil until you pointed it out. Can't really see the full costume though anyways. Maybe if she had a stuffed Abe head instead.

It took me a few moments before it twigged. I was thinking, wow she actually looks like Sybil too!

Yes I am retarded.
  • edited July 2008
    2700471368_4cb26a5211.jpg

You guys have a weird thing about statues don't you?

Reminds me of a certain someone...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Ahahahaaha, violates terms of service? An upskirt of a statue. Wow, those must be some pretty broad (or extremely vague) TOS.

That is absolutely hilarious. Thank you, PhotoBucket, for making sure we keep it clean.

Jeez.
  • edited July 2008
    2708148398_0b027bb179.jpg?v=0

Daaang. I had no idea how much bigger the new Season Two print was compared to the Season One print. I'm kinda regretting not getting one.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, it's the same height, but almost twice as wide.
  • edited July 2008
    And now I'm happy that I did get one. :)
    I may have to get a Season 1 print too. IDK if I have space to hang it though. :\
  • edited July 2008
    I'm happy that I got one, now.

...Still need that Season 1 print.

But it will be interesting to see how that print ships. I've had fairly small packages so far, nothing much bigger than a DVD case.
  • edited July 2008
    2708783142_56afcd7016.jpg?v=0
    I'll take one!

It's a shame I have to wait until September (or later) to get my copy of Season 2 but you win some, you lose some.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    2705207760_1fa679205f.jpg
    I don't know if this is more awesome or disturbing.
    Those kids were awesome! That costume captures the Cheat's impossible-to-exist-in-3Dness 100% perfectly. They apparently also had a Trogdor costume, but left it at home.
    Molokov wrote: »
    2704384583_5c377ca68f.jpg
    Dear Strongbad, how do you sign things with boxing gloves on?
    Either that guy or one of the other Strong Bads we met asked us if the game was boxing glove-compatible. I think we dodged the question, but it was a good question.
  • edited July 2008
    All great photos posted. (This guy is just plain rad. I wish I had met him!) Too bad my Razputin costume didn't make the cut. ^^;
    edited July 2008
    Oh man super burn. I thought someone said that they grabbed and posted a photo of someone as Raz. Apparently there was a failure somewhere (possibly in my brain for allegedly remembering someone saying that).
  • edited July 2008
    2708783142_56afcd7016.jpg?v=0

It's nice to see that the Sam & Max Season One and Two spines match. For some reason, I didn't think to check that in person (I'm a season subscriber, so mine will likely ship sometime next month, or later).
    edited July 2008
    All of our spines match, across the Bone director's cuts and Sam & Max games. Our system requirements/UPCs as well, for no real reason :).
  • edited July 2008
    How many of these could they have possibly sold, I wonder? I mean, who going to that booth wouldn't...already own the games?
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, if I was there I'd be tempted to buy one, but I would already be getting one for free in the mail. Well, at least I'd get to check it out in person I guess. See what the back cover looks like etc. Any word on what the insert looks like?
    edited July 2008
    How many of these could they have possibly sold, I wonder? I mean, who going to that booth wouldn't...already own the games?

A surprising number of people. Many people walked by, saw our Strong Bad and Sam & Max banners, and said either "whoa, there's a Strong Bad game?!?!?" or "oh man, Sam & Max!!" and some (many, in fact) of those people purchased games from us. Many people also bought books and t-shirts. We sold out of Strong Bad shirts, figurines, and CDs in the first two days of the show, despite them all already being available from our store and from homestarrunner.com. Surely some people didn't buy them from the website because they wanted to get them signed, or didn't want to pay shipping, or didn't really think they needed to buy them until they saw the games in person, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't know if your logic follows, really.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    "whoa, there's a Strong Bad game?!?!?"
    I met a few people on my train trip Saturday that had heard of Strong Bad, but had no clue that there was a game in development. I have no idea if they ever visited the booth (the ones that were on route to Comic-Con), but it further shows that there are quite a few Strong Bad fans that are still unaware.
  • edited July 2008
    My logic follows enough that the number of people buying it is surprising, at least?

=p

Also, whose logic follows at 3 in the morning anyway?

...I should be asleep.
  • My logic follows enough that the number of people buying it is surprising, at least?

=p

Also, whose logic follows at 3 in the morning anyway?

...I should be asleep.
    yes you should... *drugs Dashing into a deep sleep*

K, now the only thing the comic-con needs are the Chapman's making a guest appearnence.

Come on, they have to come out of hiding...
  • edited July 2008
    2704393932_85d003a057.jpg

Yes, that costume was actually a lot more trouble than I expected. It's zipped up the front, and all the little horizontal straps are sewn on at one end and the other ends were held in place by tiny magnets! My hair was both not dark enough nor long enough, so I dyed it (twice, actually, as it rejected the dye the first time) and bought an artificial bun to pin over my real hair in the back. For the tattoos I ordered this temporary ink from Australia that didn't work at ALL. I ended up using Sharpie. You can see part of the tattoo on my right arm there, which came out just fine, but for some reason the skin of my left arm wouldn't take the ink and it not only looked too faint but I got green all over Max's back. :( I have no idea if it will ever come out. It looks like Max has some green mold on him now. D:

At the S&M/Strongbad panel someone tried to buy Max. I wouldn't even make her an offer. Now, let me make a v.2, THEN I may consider it, lol...
  • edited July 2008
    Yes, that costume was actually a lot more trouble than I expected. It's zipped up the front, and all the little horizontal straps are sewn on at one end and the other ends were held in place by tiny magnets! My hair was both not dark enough nor long enough, so I dyed it (twice, actually, as it rejected the dye the first time) and bought an artificial bun to pin over my real hair in the back. For the tattoos I ordered this temporary ink from Australia that didn't work at ALL. I ended up using Sharpie. You can see part of the tattoo on my right arm there, which came out just fine, but for some reason the skin of my left arm wouldn't take the ink and it not only looked too faint but I got green all over Max's back. :( I have no idea if it will ever come out. It looks like Max has some green mold on him now. D:

At the S&M/Strongbad panel someone tried to buy Max. I wouldn't even make her an offer. Now, let me make a v.2, THEN I may consider it, lol...

Thanks for pointing out what you did with your outfit... I first only glanced at the picture, and did not notice the finer details... the tattoos and small touches are great! And I just noticed your photos of the plush Max on your profile... they are great too. I think I detect a hint of jealousy in my typing.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks, man. ;) And the comment you left in my album reminds me Derwin: we DID bring Max's penny-conscious moon gear and about a half dozen human models...but we never used them. :P Poop.

Anyways:

picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=128

I finally got a photo of me with Steve. I never remembered to do it before, lol.

Also we stopped to stretch our legs during the drive down at some gas station with a big plastic buffalo out front. I had to take this:

maxbuffalo2ji7.jpg

The sign on the pole says: "This area is for the enjoyment of our customers, NOT PETS. Thank you." In other words, "Please to not be letting your dog poop on our buffalo kthx."
  • edited July 2008
    ...I got green all over Max's back. :( I have no idea if it will ever come out. It looks like Max has some green mold on him now. D:

Although Max and "mold" seem almost natural together, you can always try some Oxi-Clean or a bleach pen on him. I had the same problem with inks and my white work uniform. As long as it wasn't marked on directly, the ink would come off. ...hopefully in your case. ^^;

Max on a buffalo? Full of win! XD
  • 2704393932_85d003a057.jpg

Wow, you DO look like Sybil... XD

@ max on bull:

Ride 'em cowboy! *Max runs over Soda Poppers with Bull*
  • edited July 2008
    The question is, where's that awesome Sam & Max costume from last year?

Edit: Awesome, you guys had your booth next to Mega 64, oh you goony gooner goons love to stick together. ;-)
  • edited July 2008
    The suit is forever trapped in Austria (JoWood paid for it, so they get to keep it).
  • tabacco wrote: »
    The suit is forever trapped in Austria (JoWood paid for it, so they get to keep it).
    Damn you Jowood!

(btw, who the hell is Jowood?)

Anyways, the Con's over... *sniff* I'm going to miss it. Unfortunatly to the poor people going to the next Con, they will be all possesed... by my awesome Shambling Corperate Presence Costume I'm making! Seriously! I love that guy! or... Girl... I'm not sure what it is.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I didn't have a computer with me during the Con, so the photos I was taking had to wait until I got back home. I've dumped them all over here if you want to take a look. A couple of random video captures occurred on the last day which amused me slightly, so enjoy!
  • edited July 2008
    David E wrote: »
    I didn't have a computer with me during the Con, so the photos I was taking had to wait until I got back home. I've dumped them all over here if you want to take a look. A couple of random video captures occurred on the last day which amused me slightly, so enjoy!

Hahahahahaha... the pre-shutdown dance party... I have never wanted to attend Comic-Con before as much as I do now.
  • edited July 2008
    Was Joss Whedon there too?
  • edited July 2008
    He usually is. I know he walked by our booth last year (but didn't stop or look at us in any way)
  • edited July 2008
    Harley Quinn: For some Joss goodness, search on youtube for the Dr Horrible and Dollhouse panels.
  • edited August 2008
    Eep, now I really wish I could have gone, Joss and Telltale in the same building? It's my inner geek's orgasm.

And will be going on youtube after work. HUZZAH.
  • edited August 2008
    571.jpg me w steve purcell.
  • edited August 2008
    That's.........................creepy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.