Website redesign?

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Woah.
Might want to fix that. ;) The forums aren't looking too happy.
EDIT: Actually, a nice Ctrl+F5 fixed me up. Don't you web designers just love caching?
Liking the new nav bar.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    A lot of things are looking very iffy, the forums especially! The new look is definitely thinner and all. Not sure I like it more, hard to tell when it's all buggy. But I do like the buttons on the right side.

...When they, y'know. Work. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Aye :) We've got some cool stuff coming up soon and needed the extra 80 pixels of vertical space. Also, that thing has been too big for a while now anyway.
    A lot of things are looking very iffy, the forums especially! The new look is definitely thinner and all. Not sure I like it more, hard to tell when it's all buggy. But I do like the buttons on the right side.

...When they, y'know. Work. ;)

Ouch, burn. Its not too hideously buggy, at least not once you clear your cache. The fancy rollovers on the 3 buttons probably aren't going to work on the forums, but they should work elsewhere.
  • edited July 2008
    I like the rollover buttons.
  • edited July 2008
    Ooh! The forums are definitely looking better now, even if the buttons aren't doing that swooshy thing. At least it's not saying YOU HAVE ZERO ITEMS IN YOUR CART! whenever I enter the forums, even when I and the rest of the site know perfectly well that I *do* have items there.
  • edited July 2008
    I'd say the site is lookin' pretty snazzy.;)
    Everything's working fine for me.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, nevermind. It is saying that, through the icon not having exclamation marks over it.

The forum is pretty much unaware that the rest of the site exists, I guess. =p
  • edited July 2008
    vBulletin is pretty dominating once you're on one of its pages, so it's hard to integrate sometimes :)
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    I like the different greetings. :D

Hello there
    Salutations
    Hi-diddly-ho
  • edited July 2008
    You could always use...
    DUN DUN DUN
    ...iframes...
  • edited July 2008
    Heh... I believe the greetings are length-based, so short usernames get long greetings and vice versa.
  • edited July 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    I like the different greetings. :D

Hello there
    Salutations
    Hi-diddly-ho

How about Howdy-ho? :)
  • edited July 2008
    I get:

"Hey", "It's", and "Sup", it seems.

"It's, Rather Dashing!" does look a bit odd grammar wise. I think. But I'll take it, just 'cause the site seems so happy to see me.
    edited July 2008
    Heh, there shouldn't be a comma there, clearly.
  • edited July 2008
    Oohh.. so that's why I was getting that bug on the top of the screen (CTRL+F5 fixed it as a previous poster suggested).

Looks nice :)
  • edited July 2008
    Hi, Guybrush Threepwoo

Well, thank you! My eyes are going to have to get adjusted to the menu bar being smaller.
  • edited July 2008
    It certainly makes the site look more stylish and sexy. Kudos to Tobacco!
  • edited July 2008
    That would be Jake and Mike actually. I've been working on billing system bugs all day :)
  • edited July 2008
    Oh! Well that billing system helps a lot as well... :D
    Thank you Jake and Mike!
  • edited July 2008
    The site talking to me kind of creeps me out.
    Especially the "Howdy-ho"
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    I am in total bitch mode today and I got a Nanu-Nanu Mel, which totally cracked me up. :D
  • edited July 2008
    I wondered what this thread was about... I had noticed nothing different... then BAM, smaller nav-bar up top. I thought I had accidentally ctrl-scrolled or something.

Looks great guys. And yes, most of the bugs do disappear upon subsequent refreshes. Marvelous!
  • edited July 2008
    the new layout is great...i wouldn't call it a redesign. what bothers me a bit is, that the telltale logo is now rather small. this is quite unusual these days.

furthermore, i absolutely like how the website greets me now, most of the times even in an appropriate way. greetings, salutations...a little hail and praise might not hurt as well. how does the page know me, does is judge my posts? pretty aweome. it knows i'm not some internet punk, since i never get a "'sup" or anything.:D
  • edited July 2008
    I love the new header and the greetings. Good job :D
  • edited July 2008
    Logo, navbar and buttons all look nice. I was freaking out for a while because I couldn't use the buttons. Ctrl+F5 fixed me up.
  • edited August 2008
    Someone, help.I can't log out.
    edited August 2008
    As in, you can't find the log out button, or clicking "log out" is just not doing anything?
  • edited August 2008
    I think I know what he's talking about. What works for me is to click on the little gear icon (settings), and then on the settings page (or any other page on the site, really), hover over the icon again to access the log out feature. The forum/site integration is a bit buggy, I guess (no offense).
  • edited August 2008
    I know it is... if you include our Javascript libraries, it breaks vBulletin :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.