So when'll it come out?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2008
    That'd be my guess too. We actually know that Wallace and Gromit has been in production. For Sam & Max it sounds like it's early days yet.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    We don't have an official release date as of yet. I played some Wallace & Gromit for the first time yesterday, and boy is it looking great. :D
  • edited November 2008
    Ohh, good! That means it's getting ready to be play-tested and to be released! I hope you all give an announcement soon.
  • edited November 2008
    Must... Resist...

[Jumping to conclusions]

So it could possibly be out in the first half of next year :D

[/Jumping to conclusions]

Sorry, it was to hard.
  • edited November 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    Ohh, good! That means it's getting ready to be play-tested and to be released! I hope you all give an announcement soon.

Emily didn't say what kind of playable state it is in. Don't assume! Or... jump to conclusions!
  • edited November 2008
    Emily didn't say what kind of playable state it is in. Don't assume! Or... jump to conclusions!

Yeah, I'm not jumping to conclusions yet, I'll only do that when it doesn't come out for 3 to 8 months.
  • edited November 2008
    I don't understand how you go from "the game is playable in some form" to "it's ready to be playtested and released." From everything I've heard about Telltale's production pipeline through interviews and stuff, they can have the game playable in very early stages of development.

But heck, even if we weren't talking about Telltale, your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless in your mind a game being internally playable and ready for release are basically the same thing, which is pretty insane.
  • edited November 2008
    They are the same thing for some companies I suspect ;)
  • edited November 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We don't have an official release date as of yet. I played some Wallace & Gromit for the first time yesterday, and boy is it looking great. :D

why do you torture us soooooooooooooo....:(
  • edited November 2008

Thank you for saying this... I was starting to wonder about this project a bit. Certainly, it is a bit tortuous knowing that the game is in a potentially playable state, but just little bits of progress indication make this Thursday the best Thursday of this week.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    It takes longer to get a new game franchise off the ground and running. But once you get one done, it takes a lot less time for each episode to be in a playable state very early. Plus, since Aardman films are so much about about the look, we wanted to make sure we nailed the style before showing it outside our protective walls. It's taken us a little while, but wow, it's really getting there.
  • edited November 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    They are the same thing for some companies I suspect ;)

Ouch! But I agree.

On a non related topic, (well, somewhat non related). I bought a RTS game last week from one of the big production companies and it's on it's ninth patch (It was in the bargain bin). I learned then,the hard way, that the constant patching and 'rebalancing' for on-line play has made the single player campaign unplayable.

So now I have to choose, live with the bugs and play the solo campaigns, or patch it and play only at LAN's.
  • Well as long as it comes out 2009
    I got really mad at
    SBCG4AP because it got delayed so much
    hopefully the same thing doesn't happen here
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    I'm taking an (un)educated guess on the 2009 line up. Sam and Max. January - May. Wallace and Gromit. July - August. Strong Bad. August - December.

do we even know their gonna make another strong bad
    I don't even have any memory on my wii after every episode:(
  • edited February 2009
    Well as long as it comes out 2009
    I got really mad at
    SBCG4AP because it got delayed so much
    hopefully the same thing doesn't happen here

do we even know their gonna make another strong bad
    I don't even have any memory on my wii after every episode:(

Then transfer them to a SD card!
  • edited February 2009
    I wasn't sure whether or not I should make this post but I realised that the last 'official' post was made on the 11th of June last year.

I don't want to sound rude (I have a condition where sometimes the things I say come out that way no matter how nicely I try phrasing them) but the only info I can get about the release of Season 3 is early 2009. It's Feb '09, now, so can we at least get a clue? It doesn't necessarily have to be a specific date, but an estimated month would be nice, especially if you can speculate as to whether it'll be near the beginning or end of that month.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Are you asking about Wallace & Gromit or Sam & Max? We don't have an estimated release date for Sam & Max Season Three right now. On the topic of this thread, though, we do have some new Wallace & Gromit info coming pretty soon. :D
  • edited February 2009
    But I want it now!!!!!!!!!:p
  • edited February 2009
    Are you asking about Wallace & Gromit or Sam & Max? We don't have an estimated release date for Sam & Max Season Three right now. On the topic of this thread, though, we do have some new Wallace & Gromit info coming pretty soon. :D

Sorry to go back off topic, but are you able to confirm if any work has begun on Sam and Max Season 3?
  • edited February 2009
    Question: will the Wallace and Gromit be on Gametap also or just through the Telltale web site?
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Ukujiku wrote: »
    Question: will the Wallace and Gromit be on Gametap also or just through the Telltale web site?

It's not going to be on Gametap. However, we'll be announcing what it will be on pretty soon!
  • edited February 2009

Hooray! This is one of my most anticipated games of this year.
  • edited February 2009
    WWOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS COMING OUT THIS SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just Announced Today
  • edited February 2009

Sorry, I think I replied in the wrong forum, somehow....:confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.