Wierd IGN comment...

edited July 2008 in General Chat
I was looking around on IGN (everyday I go there to laugh at the "It's out" Flash clock, and before you ask, yes, it's still up.)and saw a comment by someone saying something you'd suspect coming from Jack (known by gamers, like me as Jack***) Thompson talking about Halo.I don't remember the article, but I'm wondering what the heck is wrong with this guy.Anybody have ideas?And even if you're posting absolute nonsense, I'm fine with it.Basically, just type up what you think is his problem.And also, if you find which article it was, post a link.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Quite possibly this goes in general chat?
  • edited July 2008
    Well, it was a...someone move this to General.
  • edited July 2008
    "Weird IGN comment". You'd think the comment would be posted also.
  • xChri5x wrote: »
    "Weird IGN comment". You'd think the comment would be posted also.
    or at least a LInk. =/
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, I don't know the link...But I think I remember it started off like this,"Video Games like this DO promote violence"Or some crap like that.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay?
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, I don't know the link...But I think I remember it started off like this,"Video Games like this DO promote violence"Or some crap like that.

Yeah, I saw that too. It's weird.
  • edited July 2008
    Without a link this thread seems slightly pointless.. How are we supposed to have an opinion on something we haven't seen?:confused:
  • edited July 2008
    I'll go find the comment, and copy and paste it.
  • edited July 2008
    Here it is...

"Games like these DO praise violence and DO give a hateful message and there are unstable people who (sadly) will respond to it. Games like this need to go, the safety of others is more important than your fun. Even though you might think this is "not your problem!" and "why should you have to deal with it?" Well, sooner or later we will have to... or this party's gonna end with a bang. Peace"
  • edited July 2008
    .......what is he on?
  • edited July 2008
    Here it is...

"Games like these DO praise violence and DO give a hateful message and there are unstable people who (sadly) will respond to it. Games like this need to go, the safety of others is more important than your fun. Even though you might think this is "not your problem!" and "why should you have to deal with it?" Well, sooner or later we will have to... or this party's gonna end with a bang. Peace"

Did he just call me unstable? I'm gonna kill his whole family if he calls me unstable! :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    I saw this on whene reading some SBCG4AP article. I'm guessing its just a spambot.
  • edited July 2008
    Jack Thompson spambot?Who the hell thought that up?
  • edited July 2008
    I think it was some guy trying to be funny.

Wait, let me re-phrase.

I think it was some guy failing to be funny.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, sooner or later we will have to... or this party's gonna end with a bang. Peace"

"Peace"? Okay there, J-Teezy. Ain't nothin' but a law thang.
  • edited July 2008
    I think by bang, he meant "School Shooting."Look out, when the next Columbine happens, Jack Thompson will have his blind, (as a news reporter called him,) Video Game Expert eyes glaring coldly at SBCG4AP!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.