Comments

• edited July 2008
    Hopefully we'll all get to see this animation on Monday...
  • edited July 2008
    I wonder if it was an in game animation or a cinematic one. Either one would be awesome!
  • edited July 2008
    From the AP Image thread.
    Jake wrote: »
    In-game isn't ready to be shown and picked at yet, so we're sticking with rendering our game assets for now.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    correct. The game's too early for lots of presentable in-engine animations and such, so the trailer's all prerendered. We'll hopefully have an in engine screenshot or two though.
  • edited July 2008
    i love you Telltale :)
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    correct. The game's too early for lots of presentable in-engine animations and such, so the trailer's all prerendered. We'll hopefully have an in engine screenshot or two though.

Looking forward to it... although one thing that I like about TTG is how your in-game graphics tend to look almost the same as the renders! There are (of course) slight differences, but I am never disappointed with the quality of the in-game screenshots upon release.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Cool, thanks :). With W&G that will be far more the case than any previous TTG title, I think.
  • edited July 2008
  • edited July 2008
    Obviously the reason what's taking so long because TG is doing the steps of what Neverhood did, buy a bunch of clay and take stop motion animation of it, then digitally record it, and repeat.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    We're not doing that. We're using the same 3D engine we use for all of our games. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Personally I would've loved to see it done in claymation, but I know how unpractical it is, especially when today's games all look like claymation anyway.
  • edited July 2008
    Going off topic for a sec, here, but has anyone else seen the few seconds of footage from the "Coraline" movie coming out next year? It looks so much like perfect CG, but is, in fact, stop-motion animation (like Nightmare Before Christmas). So it's kinda the opposite of W&G where Telltale is trying to get the computer graphics to look more like the claymation...

(BTW, I thought the animation in Flushed Away wasn't all that bad, and still had a good Aardman feel to it - it's just the script let it down a little, because it wasn't a patch on the Pixar movies when it came to story)
  • edited July 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Going off topic for a sec, here, but has anyone else seen the few seconds of footage from the "Coraline" movie coming out next year? It looks so much like perfect CG, but is, in fact, stop-motion animation (like Nightmare Before Christmas).

Hey, that movie has a little-known Telltale connection!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0030253/
  • edited July 2008
    I already love it.
    But please, please, pretty please, tell me that Wallace's voice is going to be Peter Sallis's!
  • edited July 2008
    this game looks amazing! You rock TTG!
  • edited July 2008
    I am so excited for this game, I love Wallace & Gromit almost as much as Sam & Max! Together with Bone and Strong Bad & gang, Telltale is getting all the best characters!
    tabacco wrote: »
    Hey, that movie has a little-known Telltale connection!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0030253/

Wow, Telltale has connections to everyone!
  • edited July 2008
    Neverhood

The more I see people mention the name "Neverhood" on these forums (and with the W&G game, that is likely to increase) the more I want Telltale to make a Neverhood sequel.
  • edited July 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    The more I see people mention the name "Neverhood" on these forums (and with the W&G game, that is likely to increase) the more I want Telltale to make a Neverhood sequel.

Actually there's a sequel of Neverhood called Skullmonkeys, released for PSX. Not a big deal though, as it was just an arcade game, but featured the same clay animated cutscenes. I agree though that a real sequel with the same genre (and on PC) would be really nice.

Well, back to the topic. Wallace and Gromit films are my favourite. There actually was once a W&G game (Project Zoo or what), but that really didn't impress me, especially because it had barely to do anything with the W&G world or feel. Seeing TTG's performance so far I barely have fears that they ruin everything. Or on the other hand, I'm sure that TTG can make it the best. (Um, but please release a demo version anyway, just to be sure.;))
  • edited July 2008
    fco. wrote: »

Hey Fco.
    Are you from Chile too? It's cool to know that there are more adventure fans in Chile.

Back to topic, I'm sure Telltale will emulate the clay look even if it is just 3d polygons. It will probably have the best textures in an adventure game ever.

How I would love if Telltale ever makes a Monkey Island 5...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.