Well, the newspaper was dissapointing....

edited August 2008 in Wallace & Gromit
....Other than a few amusing headlines, of course.

After being quick to download the high-res version to read the finest of fine print on the newspaper, scouring for clues...I was quick(but not quite so quick enough as for it not to be utterly embarrassing), I realized something.

It's the Associated Press press release!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    It's in fact Telltale's press release, not the AP article.

Sorry that it was... disappointing? It wasn't really meant to be read in much detail :P
  • edited July 2008
    Well, I thought SOMETHING might be hidden in there.

....Though, I still want to know what's on that left side. It's still not big enough to read it, and the resolution isn't *quite* high enough that I can just blow it up and see what's written.

Sorry, Jake. I'm obsessive-compulsive. Or, you know. Some mental disorder that actually applies.
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think it's disappointing; I expected it to be made up of random letters. But I wonder, on the left page, is that the Sam & Max-comic? You know, the one that showed up in episode 3, season 1 and in Bosco's in season 2 (and in the newspaper in the first case file)?

And I know how you feel, Rather Dashing. With stuff like this, I just have to read/hear/see everything. I dissected every Sam & Max-episode like this. You get used to it after a while.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, I see! It's the newspaper article again. The headline about the lotto ticket-buying man, the staples specialties, and the pop artist whose small contraption with a poor layout fails miserably are accompanied not with teeny tiny articles, but rather with the same words all copy pasted.

Nice recylcing, there. ;)
    edited July 2008
    The comic in the lower left is Zazzle and Fib.
  • edited July 2008
    Curse that newspaper for hyping us up for nothing!
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Curse that newspaper for hyping us up for nothing!

Nothing!?! What about our favorite cat and snake comedy duo?
  • edited July 2008
    i just hope that the newspaper in the actual game will be far more interesting....
    edited July 2008
    Haha this thread is turning into a parody of itself. I'm sure that if there's ever a newspaper in the game which you really do have to scrutinize, we'll be sure to fill it with comedy gems which aren't headlines made up the night we render the trailer.
  • edited July 2008
    ...I think everybody(including myself) is laughing at me right about now. =p
    DanH wrote: »
    Nothing!?! What about our favorite cat and snake comedy duo?

Obviously, it's still nothing. We don't even have the SLIGHTEST chance of seeing the actual strip! :O
  • edited July 2008
    Well, there you go:

7w7a739.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    I know about the strip, I've seen it. But you CAN'T see it in the newspaper, so it's hardly a redeeming attribute!
  • edited July 2008
    i think the newspaper should be a hints system
  • edited August 2008
    i think the newspaper should be a hints system

I think the newspaper should be a background element with no immediate significance except being self-referencing... y'know like it should be.
  • That Sam and MAx Pic... RIght under that fake NEwspaper article "Man bites Fish"...

It says "Monk Paste Is People!"

Oooh--- That's a refrence to the Movie "Soylent Green" in which a famous quote was "Soylent Green is People!"

XD Funneh!

*cough*
    edited August 2008
    I'm surprised that nobody identified that aerial satellite photo on Bosco's wall, especially given that Sam calls out its address in one of the incorrect lyrics during the Friendly Demon Song.
  • edited August 2008
    Now Jake, I remember someone did recognise that, and you being extremely scared by that. Let's see...

Dangerzone said:
    i wonder if i am the only person who noticed the easter egg on boscos conspiracy wall...

there is an overhead picture of telltales office building circled in the "could it all be coming from here?" picture

there are a lot of things in game that have fine detail like that, and can only be seen at high resolution....

*Dangerzone starts keeping a loaded shotgun by the door.... just in case*

And then you said:
    It's only creepy that you recognized an ariel view of our office by signt. (Fortunately, that's the old office!). There's a reference to the location of our old office in 201's dialog as well.

Found here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4006
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah! Haha, that was more surprising because he seemed to know what a satellite view of our old office looked like from memory, without having to research anything.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Oh yeah! Haha, that was more surprising because he seemed to know what a satellite view of our old office looked like from memory, without having to research anything.

Welcome to the internet, Jake, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.
  • edited August 2008
    psst, hey jake... look behind you

*Sniffle* i miss the old days of being able to freak out telltale employees

(P.S. look a few posts down in that thread... i gave some tid-bits on how i recognized their building, and on satellite imagery in general)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.