Commercial Stereotype

edited July 2008 in General Chat
Okay, everyone knows the commercial stereotype, right? The slow voice, revealing that the person is reading something. These Gold2Cash advertisments are COMMERCIAL STEREOTYPES.
WOMAN: (slow voice, stopping for a second between each word, eyes moving as they read something) I had no idea th-that I could get so much money from the Gold2Cash system! I got my check in the mail the very next day!

MAN: Look through your old gold jewels and send us old gold chains, wedding rings and other gold items. Our Gold2Cash system is so fast and easy and direct, which means more money in your pocket!

OLD LADY: (same voice as the first one) I'm so glad I went to Gold2Cash! They're awesome. (long, uncomfortable pause) (gives a thumbs-up)

I just want to smack all these people, they're such bad actors. Stuff like that actualy drives me AWAY from companies like that. And who is going to send in ther wedding rings? Really?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Oh please. Everybody knows that the vast majority of all commercials suck. I'd advise not to get too worked up over it.
  • edited July 2008
    Some commercials are actually well-made, like Coke ones and stuff. It;s when you get into the local business of a small town that they start getting terrible.

EDIT: Burger King has really funny commercials.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Klemmins wrote: »
    Some commercials are actually well-made, like Coke ones and stuff. It;s when you get into the local business of a small town that they start getting terrible.

Yep. Companies pay big money nowadays to make sure their commercials don't suck (as much as others) and are actually watched by people - especially during these days of people skipping over them with their DVR and TiVos. There are some that I think "damn, that's clever!" to... like a lot of the Jack in the Box ones.
  • edited July 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    oh please. Everybody knows that the vast majority of all commercials suck.

head-on!apply directly to the forehead!
  • edited July 2008
    I love commercials. Sometimes I think they're better than the actual shows! Or they can at least be more entertaining...
  • edited July 2008
    Lado, you obviously have not seen the Head-On commercial, you lucky...person.
  • edited July 2008
    Lado, you obviously have not seen the Head-On commercial, you lucky...person.

no i have. i just have a high tolerance for annoying things. haha

(i'm female; now you don't have to refer to me as "person" anymore)
  • edited July 2008
    Okay got it.No that post I just made in the "If telltale was a girl I'd marry it" thread is completely meaningless.
  • edited July 2008
    ladognome wrote: »

(i'm female; now you don't have to refer to me as "person" anymore)

You person who's chromosomes don't contain a "y"!
  • edited July 2008
    Okay got it.No that post I just made in the "If telltale was a girl I'd marry it" thread is completely meaningless.

haha yeah, but if telltale was a guy i probably would.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.