HR Wiki forum?

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
Just curious, anyone know why the HR wiki forum has been closed for a week?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    According to the discussion on the main wiki page, it sounds like an admin prank gone wrong or something.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Now, why didn't I think to look at the main site?

Wikis confuse me. :p
  • edited July 2008
    Rammy made some silly word filters and Ace bumped an old thread. They had their powers taken, and every modmin ever logged on and locked the forum. That's my understanding of it, anyway.

EDIT: As posted by extremejon...
    "Ramrod added a few word filters and messes with the forum order for laughs, temporarilly.

Every admin in the world logs on, panics, thinks they're being hacked.

crap blows up, Ramrod and Ace lose their powers in aftermath"
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, that seems like overkill, but whatever :)
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, seriously. Oh, and here's how I know: Ace and Ramrod... is somewhere in Random Thoughts, I think... But, it would take about five hours to actually find it...
  • edited July 2008
    noid wrote:
    For fun, head admin Ramrod wants to mess around with the forum with mod's knowing. He messes around with the word filters a little bit and changes the forum order.

- Somebody alerts the KB admins, thinking it's a spam attack/terrorist attack/purge (again)

- Ramrod is de-admined with the KB admins believing his account is being "compromised", similar to The Purge that occured on August 17th, 2007, when an old mod's account got hacked.

- Lots of arguing goes on because they de-admined our only active admin

- StrongRad, a forum admin, locks a thread for us to cool down. Acekirby, a moderator, unlocks the thread because discussion is important.

- Somebody (probably IDC, not sure) demods Ace, saying he unlocked the thread twice. It's unknown what really happened. Logs say he did, but Ace persists that he did not.

- They lock the forum (because they don't want to listen to us, it seems)

- We forumers argue with Stu on IRC and eventually migrate to a replacement forum

- Ramrod and a lot of others, including myself, plea for the forum's return. IDC criticizes his plea, calling it blame-shifting and getting mad because he was referred to as IDC

- Furrykef, another well-liked mod, is sick of this and resigns from his position. Stu, a head KB admin, also has resigned, but nobody's really quite sure what happened there (at least the ones without mod or admin powers are)
  • edited July 2008
    Wow.

Not even the Bush Administration is capable of such epic failure.

My hats off to them. Screwing up that badly takes talent.
  • edited July 2008
    ^ Today's experiment (major epic forum meltdown) . . . BIG SUCCESS.

(Nah, not even Excel Saga is *THAT* weird... if this weren't reality you just couldn't make it up, I'd say...)

np: µ-Ziq - Gruber's Mandolin (Royal Astronomy)
  • edited July 2008
    As 99 Red Balloons go by!
  • edited July 2008
    Three cheers for internet drama!
    Hip hip... FAIL.
    Hip hip... FAIL.
    Hip hip... FAIL.
  • Wow.

Not even the Bush Administration is capable of such epic failure.

My hats off to them. Screwing up that badly takes talent.
    ... LOL. Nice. Truth be told, the Bush Administration is capable of that. =/

Anyways, that's really funny. Admin- "OMG OMG, sombODY'S hack-ng! Lets Lockkk da foroms!"

Well... I know they're not THAT bad, but it's fun to protray them like that. At least the Shambling Corporate Presence didn't eat the Forums. ^_^

SCP Refrence count: 1!
  • edited July 2008
    ...Wow. I honestly didn't expect such internet drama to occur over a flash website about a terrific athlete.

Assuming that this wiki forum is going down forever, who's going to go and rate how awesome the Strong Bad Emails are via a forum poll? Who will assign an official-looking reward for the 'Toon of the Month?
  • edited July 2008
    fat people on livejournal.
  • edited July 2008
    Silent wrote: »
    ...Wow. I honestly didn't expect such internet drama to occur over a flash website about a terrific athlete.
    The HR Wiki Forum is known for having lots of drama. :P

To go along with what Gino said (which is basically 100% correct), the head admins (the Knowledge Base [KB] Admins) didn't really care about most of the forum anymore since it had become so diverse from its original Homestar Runner and Wiki discussion. To solve this laziness issue, they have permanently locked all of the Off Subject sections of the forum, and will presumably unlock the Homestar Runner sections sometime in the next century (its been two weeks since they put the whole place on lock down, so this could take awhile).

The admin prank that day, which involved shifting around the sections and making the word filter absolutely crazy, was quite funny. However, the super-ancient admins coming back from months or years of inactivity to lay hell on that place wasn't really funny.

I am sorry to those of you at Telltale that have been unable to post updates to the Strong Bad games at the HRWF; it is known that the place had one of the highest activity levels for Homestar Runner discussion on the internet. However, when the forum is finally unlocked, the place may very well never be the same, since most of the users have probably assumed that it's gone for good at this point, or have moved over to a message board that one of the other users has set up.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Whoa, is HRwiki down now? I am saddened that I cannot look at it at this moment. Hopefully this is not internet drama related. Any news?

:confused:
  • edited July 2008
    that's to bad
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Don't those guys realize we are trying to make a game here? I need references darn it!
  • edited July 2008
    so Telltale needs HRwiki! to :D
  • edited July 2008
    H*R wiki nor TMBG wiki work.
    i'm thinking it's a wiki problem.
    stop blaming Homestar! that's Strong Bad's job
  • edited July 2008
    You guys can always come to the HRFWiki forum. :D
  • edited July 2008
    The Wiki was down because all of Fellowsites, the hosting service that they use, was down. It had nothing to do with the Homestar Runner Wiki Forum or any sort of drama.

If you all at Telltale want to, I'm sure that you can talk about your game in either the Homestar or Video Game sections at this place. It basically serves as the current replacement to the HRWF, though it's mostly composed of the users who frequented the Off Subject sections to the place.
  • edited August 2008
    Thought I'd post it here that the forum's back up.
  • edited August 2008
    DS_Kid wrote: »
    The Wiki was down because all of Fellowsites, the hosting service that they use, was down. It had nothing to do with the Homestar Runner Wiki Forum or any sort of drama.

If you all at Telltale want to, I'm sure that you can talk about your game in either the Homestar or Video Game sections at this place. It basically serves as the current replacement to the HRWF, though it's mostly composed of the users who frequented the Off Subject sections to the place.

That seems more plausible. But as has been mentioned before, way more implausible things have happened...
  • edited August 2008
    If anyone actually cares about wiki drama, the HR Wiki forum is back up and running.
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah I went there it just doesn't feel the same...even though I didn't really post there that much in the first place.:o
  • edited August 2008
    Off-Subject is gone, so pretty much everybody left.

Including me.
  • edited August 2008
    Irony'd.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Irony'd.
    I believe you mean "OH IRON KNEE".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.