Comments

• edited July 2008
    Well, Sonic actually can, but when SEGA'S the maker...uh...
    P.S.This is great!But that Grey and black zone should have been different, because it's hard to tell if the game is glitched or not when you have 3 walls around you.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, Sonic actually can, but when SEGA'S the maker...uh...
    I liked the Sonic Adventure games and then the DS 2D games (which weren't actually made by Sega).
    The Secret Rings was a step in the right direction, at least.
    Shadow was an abomination. Quite frankly, that damn amnesiac darker-and-edgier antihero should have stayed dead.
  • edited July 2008
    Playing a game where you are a Gun totin' black hedgehog fighting or helping Black aliens falling from the sky is not entertainment.To me, if I took drugs it would probably qualify as a bad acid flashback.
  • edited July 2008
    Did anyone click the link?
  • edited July 2008
    Yes.I did.
  • edited July 2008
    Playing a game where you are a Gun totin' black hedgehog fighting or helping Black aliens falling from the sky is not entertainment.To me, if I took drugs it would probably qualify as a bad acid flashback.
    How about playing a white hedgehog who moves like molasses and picks stuff up with his mind to fight an evil sun god?
  • edited July 2008
    I must honestly be the only person that enjoyed Shadow's game. I thought the story worked for what they were going for and the gameplay really wasn't too bad at all. I mean, I enjoyed myself while playing it.

And yes, I played the 2D Sonic's first.

And it isn't better than those.

But it's fun.

Which isn't something I can say about OTHER Sonic games, like Sonic 2006.
  • edited July 2008
    I must honestly be the only person that enjoyed Shadow's game. I thought the story worked for what they were going for and the gameplay really wasn't too bad at all. I mean, I enjoyed myself while playing it.

And yes, I played the 2D Sonic's first.

And it isn't better than those.

But it's fun.

Which isn't something I can say about OTHER Sonic games, like Sonic 2006.
    Oh, I thought the game was all right, if a little incredibly lackluster. My problem with it is that it completely messes with what Sonic is supposed to be about. Sonic started off as a bright, cheery platformer about a brightly-colored hedgehog who saves tiny woodland creatures from an evil scientist that emphasized speed over most anything else. Shadow was a darker-and-edgier 3D platform-action game with guns, evil aliens, etc. etc. that moved much slower. So, what I'm saying is that they kind of lost sight of where they came from. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except that it just didn't do what they were doing very well, just adequately. And 'adequate' isn't enough to justify a massive retooling like that.

As for Sonic 2006, well, I didn't play it (I don't own a PS3 or 360), but everything I know about it makes me cringe.
  • edited July 2008
    Ah. See, this is how I saw it:

This game is far more acceptable than a game starring Sonic that doesn't follow the Sonic mold. They HAD to change the way the game played in order to justify a character change. If Shadow the Hedgehog was just Sonic the Hedgehog with a black and red skin thrown on it, then I'd be unhappy. Even if I'd be happy enough with the game if Sonic was the main character.

But by introducing a new style of play and story, they were able to justify putting a different character on the front of the box. The new character(new being relative, I know he premiered in Sonic Adventures) allowed them to do something different within the same universe.
  • edited July 2008
    Ah. See, this is how I saw it:

This game is far more acceptable than a game starring Sonic that doesn't follow the Sonic mold. They HAD to change the way the game played in order to justify a character change. If Shadow the Hedgehog was just Sonic the Hedgehog with a black and red skin thrown on it, then I'd be unhappy. Even if I'd be happy enough with the game if Sonic was the main character.

But by introducing a new style of play and story, they were able to justify putting a different character on the front of the box. The new character(new being relative, I know he premiered in Sonic Adventures) allowed them to do something different within the same universe.
    Part of the problem is Shadow's constant amnesia (I mean, come on, they've used that plot device... what, three times now?) and excessive wangst. I didn't really feel like a natural darkening of the series brought on by the main character change so much as somebody at Sega deciding that darker and edgier sells.
  • edited July 2008
    I can't get this game to work. Every time I download it it opens IE when I try to play it. Can anyone help?
  • edited July 2008
    It doesn't have Sonics wheelie feet like in the old games so I don't like it.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Part of the problem is Shadow's constant amnesia (I mean, come on, they've used that plot device... what, three times now?) and excessive wangst.

Amen...thus why in the area of "evil" doppleganger:
    Wario > Shadow. ;)

I use the quotes over evil because...face it, Shadow isn't really evil. Wario's not really particularly evil, either...he's just a rude, creepy, greedy Son of a [expletive deleted]. However, he's more interesting than an emo black hedgehog with Alzheimer's. And I'm both a Sonic -and- Mario fan, so that's not biasm speaking. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.