No more Brutal Legend??

edited July 2008 in General Chat
After the Activition/Vivendi merging, Brutal Legend's fate is pretty uncertain. I just read this quote regarding Vivendi's (which owns Sierra, who was publishing Brutal Legend) games in production:
“The only franchises that Activision Publishing will release are based on Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age and Spyro, as well as Prototype and one other game that has not yet been announced,” the representative said. “We are reviewing our options regarding those titles that we will not be publishing.”

I don't need to say how much this sucks, specially after all the support it was recieving from Sierra, not just with funding but geting all this amazing voice "actors". I'm currently working on a recently merged company and I know how it feels that some stranger appears to tell you that all you've been working at for years suddenly worths nothing.

I was really looking forward for that game, I was even going to buy an XBox just for it (I'm glad I didn't).

Now, let's just hope there are no legal issues preventing them from easily moving to another publisher.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    No fear, no fear, Brütal Legend is fine. Schafer says so himself, on his blog: www.doublefine.com. Look at the title-thingy of the picture in the last post:

"Brütal Legend is fine."
  • edited July 2008
    What about Ghostbusters? I worry about them, too...
  • edited July 2008
    GB is fine too. It just won't be published by Activision.
  • edited July 2008
    And that's probably a good thing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.