PAX Exibit hall layout finalized

edited August 2008 in General Chat
(Warning: pdf link)

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/pax08_exhibithall.pdf

Looks like Telltale is right there as soon as you enter the exhibit hall.

EDIT: Not only is this a great location, but it looks like you're bigger than last year?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Yeah, we have a 20x20 this year. Should be fun :)
  • edited July 2008
    Will we be treated to Scott's statue up-skirt pictures for PAX too?
  • edited July 2008
    Not if they cherish their Photobucket accounts! :p
  • edited July 2008
    Well since I didn't use photobucket it is all okay. It is still up on flickr which is what I was using. Someone thought they should re-upload it to photobucket and it got blocked out. Either way though I don't think I will get a chance to go to PAX this year. You guys will have to get one of the other iPhoners in the office who are going to fill the void.
  • edited July 2008
    Ah, I see. I didn't actually visit your album, I just read the thread.

And I'll gladly take your place at PAX. :p Just need airfare, hotel fare, food fare, limo fare, and Liz Phair. :D
  • edited July 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Ah, I see. I didn't actually visit your album, I just read the thread.

And I'll gladly take your place at PAX. :p Just need airfare, hotel fare, food fare, limo fare, and Liz Phair. :D

I'll one-up that offer. Just get me a hotel room and airfare and I'm good to go!

I'll even bring my own camera! :)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yeah, we have a 20x20 this year. Should be fun :)

Ours is bigger. Neener neener neener.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    It's practically your convention.
  • edited July 2008
    ....Hey, that's right! xD

Jake, I think Telltale should hold its own convention. With Blackjack. And hookers. And one that is closer to the east coast.

That'll show...that one former intern....
  • edited July 2008
    Squinky wrote: »

This just made me realize you are no longer with the TTT... ooh, are you spying on them now that you are working for a competitor?

Back on topic, wow, how did you get such a great location? Everyone will see your booth... hopefully drawing there attention to one of your lovely signs for SBCG4AP and S&M and W&G! Well... not only to the signs, but also to the rest of the stuff and staff at your booth.
  • edited July 2008

Where do you work now?
  • edited July 2008
    @Rather Dashing: If by closer to the East coast, you mean Pennsylvania, then yeah. :D

PA never gets any gaming love... :( We have a rapping groundhog as our lottery mascot! How could you *not* want to hold a convention here?

(you think I'm joking about the groundhog, don't you?)
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    It's a shame that Mega64 won't be right next door this time around. TTG will have to throw its own periodic Con dance parties in sync with its video loop.
  • edited July 2008
    David E wrote: »
    It's a shame that Mega64 won't be right next door this time around. TTG will have to throw its own periodic Con dance parties in sync with its video loop.

Mega64 always makes fun of me. Last time I spun their wheel of prizes, hit "public humiliation", and they said "no more prizes for the day!" and they took the wheel down, leaving everyone in line to give me angry glares. Then the next day, I hit caricature, and...let's just say it was less than flattering.
  • edited July 2008
    ....when ARE caricatures flattering? O_o
  • edited July 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    @Rather Dashing: If by closer to the East coast, you mean Pennsylvania, then yeah. :D

PA never gets any gaming love... :( We have a rapping groundhog as our lottery mascot! How could you *not* want to hold a convention here?

(you think I'm joking about the groundhog, don't you?)
    A rapping groundhog who's buddies with Neptune.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    This just made me realize you are no longer with the TTT... ooh, are you spying on them now that you are working for a competitor?
    Kedri wrote: »
    Where do you work now?

I'm pretty sure she's at Hothead now. So yeah, they should be getting some attention at PAX :)
    edited July 2008
    Dierdre hasn't been at TTG since the end of Summer '07 when she was our intern. She went back to school and then, upon finishing, went to work at Hothead.
  • edited July 2008
    *Notices Jake's avatar is old-style again*
    You didn't see their caricature.

Anyway, the panel schedule is supposed to come out in a week or so, too. By the way, who are you gonna bring up with you this year?
  • edited July 2008

"Do you like dune buggies? I'm gonna draw you driving a dune buggy."

Seriously though, caricatures exist so that people can have their least flattering physical feature, the one that causes all of their insecurities, exaggerated in a humorous way so that others can finally safely laugh at them.
    Jake wrote: »
    Dierdre hasn't been at TTG since the end of Summer '07 when she was our intern. She went back to school and then, upon finishing, went to work at Hothead.

Ungrateful interns! *shakes fist* You didn't let her take any pictures of the nuclear reactor, did you?
    edited July 2008

The middle of December '06, actually.
  • edited July 2008

You crazy kids are so hard to keep track of these days. I am glad to hear you got picked up at (what seems to be) a good place. Hopefully the superpowers TTG imbued you with are helping in your work at Hothead. Also, I am glad to see you still are lurking around these forums :)
  • edited July 2008
    ....Hey, that's right! xD

Jake, I think Telltale should hold its own convention. With Blackjack. And hookers. And one that is closer to the east coast.

That'll show...that one former intern....

futurama reference?

also i have never been to any of these expo's, i really don't know if i would enjoy one, and i spend all my going out money on alcohol and going to gigs
  • edited July 2008
    That sounds like PAX to me :)
  • edited July 2008
    That sounds like PAX to me :)

really, well bands playing at expo's are very different to those with specific gigs, the same with drinking, its best kept in a pub or venue with low lighting.
  • SegSeg
    edited July 2008
    You guys will have to get one of the other iPhoners in the office who are going to fill the void.
    If I make it to PAX, I will take on this task!
  • edited July 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    If I make it to PAX, I will take on this task!

Nice job on the rhyme, you've got the job this time!
    edited August 2008

Whoops, right, I forgot that you had unlocked the 2x Internship multiplier.
  • edited August 2008
    Panel Schedule

I don't know which are Telltale's, but I do spy a "Make a Scene, The Strong Bad Edition!"...
    edited August 2008
    PAX update: I saw a big chunk of our booth today, and it's gonna rule.
  • edited August 2008
    PAX update: I saw a big chunk of our booth today, and it's gonna rule.
    A chunk of the booth...I didn't think they made them this early on. Either this is very cool, or I'm just ignorant. :D

So what's the full panel list?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The Strong Bad panel is the main one. We also have Chuck on a Writing in Games panel and Daniel H-Bomb Herrera on an Art and Visual Design panel.
  • edited August 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    A chunk of the booth...I didn't think they made them this early on. Either this is very cool, or I'm just ignorant. :D

So what's the full panel list?

The booth has to be built, then unbuilt again, then packed, shipped, and rebuilt :)
    edited August 2008
    The booth has to be built, then unbuilt again, then packed, shipped, and rebuilt :)

Coming this Thursday: a few of us being shown how to do the first few steps.
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Just chiming in that I'll be at PAX roaming around.

Too bad I don't have a pin that says 'Ask me about SAM & MAX'...
  • edited August 2008
    Jake, Nick, Emily, and I are driving into the city in an hour or two to do our first full test build of our booth. It's going to be awesome, with limited heavy lifting :)
  • edited August 2008
    Any chance we could have some videos from the event too? :)
    edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Too bad I don't have a pin that says 'Ask me about SAM & MAX'...

Are we still allowed to ask you about Sam & Max?
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Are we still allowed to ask you about Sam & Max?

You're always allowed to ask!

There's actually a rule in San Francisco. If I bring up work, I have to buy everyone a round of drinks. If someone else brings it up, then I'm absolved from buying the round.

Please note this offer is only applicable in the bay area, and epically not applicable at work-related events such as expos, conventions, and the like.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.