Game wont save xbox 360

So basically I finished the game and then attempted to "rewind" so that I could make the second choice in the last section and get the last entry in the book of fables. I could not. So I loaded out and, when I reloaded the game, my save and all my book of fables progress was gone! I am pretty disgusted. Could someone please help?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. When you rewound the episode, did it ask you if you wanted to overwrite your save, or create a new save slot? Also, if you look inside of your storage device, can you find your save files there?

• Mike, thank you for replying. When I finished the episode and went to rewind it would not give me the option to rewind. Also, when I looked in my storage device there was no save file. While the game said it was saving at various points, I wonder if it ever did create a save file? I am using an arcade xbox 360, so I am saving on flash drives. The Wolf Among Us game itself is on one, but I use another for all my game saves - could that possibly be a problem? Thanks again for your help.

I apologize for the inconvenience. When you rewound the episode, did it ask you if you wanted to overwrite your save, or create a new save slot? Also, if you look inside of your storage device, can you find your save files there?

If both storage devices are plugged in and being used to both run the game, and save the game, there might be an issue with the game trying to recognize one or the other for saving purposes, and not being able to identify the proper device for saving. I recommend try using only one device for both the game file and the save files, and see if that resolves your issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Mike, thank you for replying. When I finished the episode and went to rewind it would not give me the option to rewind. Also, when I looked i

• I just went to try what you said, but it is not even giving me an option to select which storage device I want to save to when I load up the game. I searched the menus and all it has is four different save slots and I do not know which storage device it is picking. All I can think of is maybe to put my gamertag on the same flash drive as the game is saved to. Thanks

We have had a few users reporting that the game is not saving for them on The Walking Dead: Season Two, and the workaround for it was logging out of their Xbox Live account, and then starting the game, then logging back into their account. They were then asked to choose a storage device. (Another way they tried was to unplug their ethernet cord from their console, and then plugging it in once they were in the game.) I would be interested to hear if this method works for you. Again, apologies for the difficulties you are having.

I just went to try what you said, but it is not even giving me an option to select which storage device I want to save to when I load up the g

• Ok, I signed out and then loaded up the game, then when I hit start it asked me to sign in, so I did. Unfortunately it never asked me to select a storage device. I am going to try the unplugging the internet workaround as well and I will let you know if it works. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or find out anything about a patch or possible solution in the future. thanks

• Nope, that didnt work either. Thank you for your advice, but the game just wont let me choose a storage device :(

My apologies, we are currently looking into finding a fix for this issue. Any extra information that you can provide could help us in locating the root cause of the issue. Can you please tell me what model/size Xbox you are using? Are you using the internal storage device, or an external one to save?

Nope, that didnt work either. Thank you for your advice, but the game just wont let me choose a storage device

• I am using a old school arcade model 360 without a hard drive, so I am using flash drives for storage devices. I could use the small internal space on the arcade, but as you know it isn't giving me the opportunity to select a storage device. Thanks, let me know if I can help any further

Thank you for the extra information, as we look into a fix for this issue for the users that are experiencing it.

I am using a old school arcade model 360 without a hard drive, so I am using flash drives for storage devices. I could use the small internal

• There's a simple fix for this issue that can resolve it in the future, in case this ever happens again. Update the games so that they store a portion of information on the users gamertag. Castle Crashers saves all character data to the gamertag. All you guys have to do is check to see if a user has completed the Book of Fables for the episode/chapter and you can unlock that data. If you want to go further, allow users to log in to their TTG account (via linking) and this way, you can access their choices on the site and host a live backup that way.

This will also allow users to show purchases through your site, compare their choices directly with other users, allow for achievements/awards to affect user accounts on the site (you unlocked all achievements, use this icon!), it can also allow linking between all your games without having to patch each game individually, and a whole plethora of other options too.

Other sites are allowing users to link their accounts to unlock other features. You guys are already pretty well praised for your Walking Dead, Season 1 storytelling and choice making. Why not continue leading the way into the future of gaming and innovation?

Thank you for the extra information, as we look into a fix for this issue for the users that are experiencing it.

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to pass this information along to the team.

There's a simple fix for this issue that can resolve it in the future, in case this ever happens again. Update the games so that they store a

• Still no fix for Wolf Among Us save issue? I played all of Walking Dead Season 1 and purchased Season 2 pass now despite this issue, would love to be able to get all achievements in all games. I will keep checking back, please let me know when you have a solution. Much appreciated.

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to pass this information along to the team.

• I'm having the same issue on my xbox 360 with The Wolf Among Us Ep 1, no save games are getting created. When I play the game I see the text for saving flash across periodically but when I go back to the main menu or die and try to restart at a checkpoint nothing can be found and it says the save slots are empty. I also have an xbox arcade but I've added a hard drive to it and I'm playing the downloaded game from that hard drive. Basically I have the following storage devices on this xbox:
    1 - 250gb hard drive (this is where the game is loaded on)
    2 - 512 mb old style memory card in slot a
    3 - 512 mb internal storage
    4 - 32 gb usb stick (this is where my xbox live profile is on)

I haven't tried the profile or network cable work around yet but I shouldn't have to do that. I have over 500 xbox 360 games and have never had an issue saving with any of them so the problem isn't with my hardware or setup.

• If I had to take a guess, I'd say save everything to one location. Game, GT, Save file, all same location. It might be the system being retarded and not knowing "where" to look/save.

larvi posted: »

I'm having the same issue on my xbox 360 with The Wolf Among Us Ep 1, no save games are getting created. When I play the game I see the tex

I apologize for the inconvenience. You may be experiencing this issue because your Xbox Live profile is saved in a different location than the actual game is located. I recommend try starting the game, then log out of your profile, then log back in, and then start the game again. You can also try logging out of your profile before starting the game, and then once the game loads, then log into your profile, and you should not experience this issue again.

larvi posted: »

I'm having the same issue on my xbox 360 with The Wolf Among Us Ep 1, no save games are getting created. When I play the game I see the tex

• I totally called it!

I'm not even TTG Tech Support and I CALLED IT!

I apologize for the inconvenience. You may be experiencing this issue because your Xbox Live profile is saved in a different location than t

• I believe I know what the issue is, as I have finally gotten the game to work properly. I was originally playing on an arcade and using flash drives to save and it simply would never work. The game should ask you to pick a storage device when you originally load up the game. When I switched to just using a hard drive it did ask me to pick a storage device, but today when I went to start episode 2 I had a flash drive plugged in and the game skipped over choosing storage device, I rebooted the game without a flash drive and it worked normally and I was able to find my save again. So larvi, I would just try removing all storage devices other than your hard drive and it should work. It may have something to do with the profile, but seeing as how I originally had my profile on the flash drive that would not work, I think it seems to be more Wolf Among Us just not playing nice with flash drives.

• I should add the the game was originally on that flash drive with my profile, so that was not the problem for me. It's definitely some kind of bug, I had to switch consoles, but until today I thought it just would not work off of a flash drive, but it will not even work if you have a flash drive plugged in at all.

• Unfortunately the arcade has built in flash so you can't just remove it. I finally ended up playing the game on another non-arcade model as well and was able to get it to work ok. But not everyone has the luxury of having a 2nd console so this bug really needs to be addressed. I'm not planning on buying anymore of the episodes until it does get fixed

This discussion has been closed.