A review on what we have learned so far

To date, we the loving fans of Telltale games have learned several things. As such, I am making this thread so we can review to occupy our brains. That is this topics only function, I (the original poster), would greatly appreciate if this is left on-topic. I have the hopes it will last as a discussion until release date. What we have learned can come from any source material because it your own personal experience. That includes the dev blog, Telltale Blog, internet sites and even personal conclusions as long as it is not a proposed idea, there is a thread for that. I'll start.
The thing in question is:
What have we learned about SBCG4AP?
*We have learned that Telltale is working very hard to make an excellent game based on the cult classic Homestarrunner.com.
*We have also learned that Strong bad is a not-so-bad guy who is perfect for an adventure game.

Enjoy!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I learned that the music that plays when you're on the Wii Shop Channel is a very catchy tune. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    I learned that the music that plays when you're on the Wii Shop Channel is a very catchy tune. :D

I always find myself humming along to that music. It's insidious!

What I've learned is really not a new lesson at all. Basically just that there's no point to trying to carve the bird until it's on the table. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    What I've learned is really not a new lesson at all. Basically just that there's no point to trying to carve the bird until it's on the table. :)

Words of wisdom these forums need, but at least people can vent their need for cutting the flying turkey in the speculation thread. The real reason I am posting is I thought of something new that we learned.

*We learned that Strong Bad's imagination is mythical and can make things a reality, given time. <Hopes for Eye poking laser from second Dev Blog>
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    What we have learned can come from any source material...

Except IGN.com. :p
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2008
    I have learned to stop writing things like: "Homestar points at the trophy" in the design documents. :p
  • edited July 2008
    I've learned that somebody really should give Homestar a giant foam #1 finger to make life easier on the guys that write the design documents. ;)

...or, even better, switch it up just as they got used to NOT having fingers. ^_^
  • MarkDarin wrote: »
    I have learned to stop writing things like: "Homestar points at the trophy" in the design documents. :p
    About time.

I've learned that screaming at one's TV doesn't make the SCG4Ap release date get any earlier. Oh well.

*Eye Twitches*
  • edited July 2008
    *We have learned that people will do anything just for their 5 seconds of attention. <subtle looks at all the useless threads>
  • edited July 2008
    What? I didn't see that. I was too busy juggling llamas over here.
  • edited July 2008
    I've learned that a lot of people enjoy whining, complaining, insulting, and spamming. I've also learned that sarcasm doesn't translate well when being typed, and that starting a new type of distribution on a different medium is hard work.
  • edited July 2008
    I've learned that instead of finding something to do to occupy the time until the game is released, that people enjoy complaining about it instead. (I for one discovered that episode 104 of Sam & Max was free, so I downloaded it and I'm hooked.)
  • edited July 2008
    Well, let's see...
    Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn...

Woo! Free trip to Tahiti!
  • edited July 2008
    I've learned that the early bird catches the worm, but I really don't know how this applies to anything.
  • edited July 2008
    ladognome wrote: »
    I've learned that the early bird catches the worm, but I really don't know how this applies to anything.

It applies to the worm. It should've stayed in bed longer. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    It applies to the worm. It should've stayed in bed longer. ;)

WORM: Today's gonna be a great day! I'm up already and I feel fine.
    BIRD: (crows, flys down and grabs him with a loud squish)
    WORM: AAAAAAAAH!
  • edited July 2008
    Or maybe I should've grabbed that last tuna and horseradish sandwich before the musha-monster came and cut my arm off with a telephone cord.
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Well, let's see...
    Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn...

Woo! Free trip to Tahiti!

The Wheel of Morality adds boring educational value to what would otherwise be an almost entirely entertaining program.

"If you can't say something nice, you're probably at the ice-capades."
  • edited July 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    The Wheel of Morality adds boring educational value to what would otherwise be an almost entirely entertaining program.

Good job, sir! I laughed.

(That was sarcasm, right? I'm sure it was... Please? The quote at the bottom almost definitely verifies it, but you never know with the Internet...)
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, they are both real quotes from the Wheel of Morality bits, and that whole segment is intended sarcastically, the Warners even often comment on that fact.

So, the short answer is "yes"
  • edited July 2008
    When I heard the announcement on Homestarrunner.com about SBcg4ap I was sceptical about whether it would be a good game or merely a novelty. Since then I have gotten to know Telltale a bit. I played both seasons of Sam and Max, and now I can safely say that Telltale is the one and only video game company that, in all honesty, I wholly and truly believe in. I would willingly wait another six months for SBcg4ap, if that's how long Telltale said they needed, because I remain confident that it will be totally freaking awesome and great whenever it does come out.

What I'm saying is: What I have learned about SBcg4ap is that it is in good hands.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    When I heard the announcement on Homestarrunner.com about SBcg4ap I was sceptical about whether it would be a good game or merely a novelty. Since then I have gotten to know Telltale a bit. I played both seasons of Sam and Max, and now I can safely say that Telltale is the one and only video game company that, in all honesty, I wholly and truly believe in. I would willingly wait another six months for SBcg4ap, if that's how long Telltale said they needed, because I remain confident that it will be totally freaking awesome and great whenever it does come out.

What I'm saying is: What I have learned about SBcg4ap is that it is in good hands.

Thanks! This is one of the most complimentary things I've read on the boards in a while. I'm glad that you enjoyed Sam & Max. Were you familiar wiht the characters of Sam & Max before, or did you check them out initially just to investigate the guys who were making the Strong Bad game?
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Thanks! This is one of the most complimentary things I've read on the boards in a while. I'm glad that you enjoyed Sam & Max. Were you familiar wiht the characters of Sam & Max before, or did you check them out initially just to investigate the guys who were making the Strong Bad game?

I'm pretty sure I hadn't even heard of Sam and Max before I heard about SBcg4ap. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have given them much thought though, if I had. Like you said, I just wanted to investigate the guys who were making the Strong Bad game.
  • edited August 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »

"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel!"
    "Wrong wheel."

Oh Animaniacs! Well, i forgot what this thread was about. :)
  • edited August 2008
    *I have learned that a joke thread can evolve into a coherent thread given time and the proper posting.
  • edited August 2008
    I've learned that if you don't think a joke is funny it's better to just not mention it then to have the entire forum come down on you in a horrific ball of doom.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I've learned that if you don't think a joke is funny it's better to just not mention it then to have the entire forum come down on you in a horrific ball of doom.

i don't get it.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »

A ball of doom is... just about... the second or third to worst kind of ball I've ever heard of.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.