My new adventure game website

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Hello everyone! ;)

This Friday, August 1st, will be the launch day of my new website dedicated to adventure games. To be honest, it's a rather small portal, so please don't go in expecting something as awesome and huge as Adventure Gamers or The International House of Mojo. But still, I very much put my heart into this thing, which mainly consists of a weekly blog, some AG trailers, and a discussion board. And as you'll see if you visit it, there are a few more things planned for the upcoming months. My goal was to create something very streamlined, with quick to access content that's well organized. I was also focused on creating a small, practical, and basic canvas whose size was manageable.

Anyhow, without making further ado, let me just add that I'd be very pleased to get some feedback.

Website name: Rachel on the go
Link: http://www.rachelonthego.com

I am very much hoping to hear from you! :)
Thanks!

Rachel

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Is that design temporary? I think you need some images that better suit an adventure game site.
  • edited July 2008
    Is that design temporary? I think you need some images that better suit an adventure game site.

Well, some design elements were changed recently, but overall, the whole thing was meant to look different from a typical adventure game website or fan site. I mean, usually you'd see lots of recognizable art and characters from flagship AGs of the past. We just, well, ended up trying to come up with something a bit more original.

But still, you are totally right in mentioning that comment, and I'll think it over. ;)
    And perhaps we are wrong. lol
  • edited July 2008
    Honestly?

If I were to be frank, I would say something along the lines of "Huh. This looks like a place I'd visit if I was learning how to grow vegetables in my own garden, with all the most popular hippie methods like using bugs to eat other bugs."
  • edited July 2008
    If I were to be frank, I would say something along the lines of "Huh. This looks like a place I'd visit if I was learning how to grow vegetables in my own garden, with all the most popular hippie methods like using bugs to eat other bugs."

Hahahaha!!! lol

Wait... you're serious, aren't you? Well darn, I do hope you like vegetables then, though we probably won't ever talk about that. Thanks for visiting.
  • edited July 2008
    Ooh, a forum?

I really shouldn't add yet another forum to my list, but I can't help myself. *signs up*

Also, I like the design. Subtle, yet with a nice herbal finish. A merlot for any occasion.

Wait, what?
  • edited July 2008
    A merlot for any occasion.

What's a merlot? I know it's a grape typically used for wine, but that's probably not what you were referring to, or was it? :P

Oh, and thanks for signing up! :) :)
  • edited July 2008
    I was referring to the wine made from merlot, also known as merlot. :p
  • edited July 2008
    i like the background and stuff...it's mysterious.

i'll sign up if you sign up to my forum!! hehe
    (the link's in my signature)
  • edited July 2008
    i joined, but how do i edit my profile?
  • edited July 2008
    ladognome wrote: »
    i'll sign up if you sign up to my forum!! hehe
    (the link's in my signature)

D'oh! *signs up*

(What? I like forums.)
  • edited July 2008
    yay! thank you!! :D
  • edited July 2008
    i joined, but how do i edit my profile?

Hi ladognome, and thanks for joining!
    To edit your profile, simply click on your avatar. :)
  • edited July 2008
    you're welcome.

that takes me to my profile, but i can't seem to edit it from there.
  • edited July 2008
    that takes me to my profile, but i can't seem to edit it from there.

Crap, you're absolutely right! Good thing this website isn't officially launched yet, or else I'd look silly! (Though I do consider myself silly anyway.)

I'll post a sticky on the "Introduce yourself" section, and explain it all there. I don't want to get too off-topic here at Telltale. :) :)
  • edited July 2008
    okie tay. thanks for making me realize i'm not as crazy as i was beginning to think. :)
  • edited July 2008
    *shuffles* I really think it'd be better if your graphics had a more adventure game feel. You don't have to have "lots of recognizable art and characters from flagship AGs of the past", but you need to make it so people visit your site and instantly think "this is a website about adventure games".

Of course, that's only my opinion. If you like it how it is, then fair enough!
  • edited July 2008
    yeah especially since the title doesn't talk about games, i vote keep the banner and change the eye pictures or something.
  • edited July 2008
    pretty good. i mean, i signed up. but you should change the pictures, and maybe the color. but still good!!
  • edited August 2008
    You know guys, I think you're right. I've been working so much on this thing lately, and now it must be so close up my face I can't even see. So I made a few small changes for our launch day, which is today!

Cap_01.JPG

This is now the official home page. The Evil Eye (as I like to call it) was replaced with Samantha, from the upcoming Gray Matter.

Cap_02.JPG

And here's a snap shot of today's blog entry.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to visit Rachel on the go. I appreciate it!
    Keep your comments coming! :) :)

Rachel
  • edited August 2008
    sweet! me likey!
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks lado!
    I'm glad you like it. :) :)
  • edited August 2008
    Lunatik wrote: »
    Thanks lado!
    I'm glad you like it. :) :)

you're welcome.