Anyone here like MONK?

Yeah, I'm talking about the SHow with the Obsessive Complusive Detective...

I don't have Cable, so the only way I can watch it is by buying the Season's (I have seasons 1-6 currently)

OK, so what's your opinion on the show? Like it, Hate it?
Bonus Question for all people who really like it and know about it:

Who's a better Assistant, Natalie or Sharrona? I like Natalie better. ^_^

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Natalie, definitely. The actor who plays Sharona seems to overact from time to time.:p

That being said, I am a huge fan. The show isn't one of my definite favorites, but it's a great show that accomplishes what it sets out to do. In my opinion much better than Psych, which most people seem to prefer. Tony Shalhoub is brilliant. :D

Funny story: While on a school trip to Glasgow, Scotland, I bought this huge box containing seasons 1-5, and was eager to see what all the fuzz was about. Upon arriving home, and opening my luggage, I noticed that someone had opened my bags and snooped around and (presumably) searched for substances of an illicit nature. The Monk box had actually been cut open by a knife. :eek: Luckily, none of the discs were harmed, but it seems someone in customs doesn't like obsessive compulsive detectives. :P
  • edited August 2008
    Here's a bit of irony for you: although I like the show, I refuse to watch it until I can see the episodes in order. (I actually have OCD :p)
  • edited August 2008
    We've made it a family ritual to watch the new episodes of Monk and Psych every Friday.
    Unfortunately, we ran into a conflict of interest these last couple of weeks seeing as they overlap with Doctor Who. But that's over now, so yeah.
  • edited August 2008
    I've only ever seen a few episodes, but I liked them. I saw that now at our local grocery store they are providing sanitary wipes for the carts which made me think, "Monk would love this".
  • edited August 2008
    I like the show, but always seem to miss the new eps. :(

But I perfer Natalie as well.. Granted I rarely have seen Sharona as when I caught onto tyhe show NBatalie was his assistant, but the few eps I've seen sharona I wasn't particularly impressed.
  • edited August 2008
    ooo i like this show too. We try to catch all the episodes we can when they're on. :p

I was a little iffy when they replace Sharona, but Natalie has definitely grown on me.
  • edited August 2008
    Monk is awesome. I dont have cable either, so i rent the dvds.
  • edited August 2008
    How weird that I see this thread 3 days after I decided I've heard so many good things about this show I must go and borrow the discs from the library. I currently have all of season one sitting on my desk, waiting to be watched in order. If I like it, I have all six seasons to watch courtesy of my local library. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it. I would have started already, but the girlfriend wants to watch too, so I'm waiting for her.
  • ShaggE wrote: »
    Here's a bit of irony for you: although I like the show, I refuse to watch it until I can see the episodes in order. (I actually have OCD :p)
    Lol, Funny/Ironic!

Anyways, anyone know when Season 7 comes out on DVD? I can't watch it until I get the boxed set. (No Cable/USA Network)

Anyways, When I bought season 6, it came with a copy of Psych Season 2. I liked it, not as good as Monk, but decent. ^_^

any opinions on Psych?
  • edited August 2008
    I used to like Monk until all the cases became bland and not so Monk-ish. To me, the show should be about showing a case where the viewer could solve it if they are OCD like Monk. The only great episodes I can think of are S1E1 and I believe S4E4 or E5 where the case is against Capt. Stottlemeyer's realtor girlfriend.

Also, Natalie is much better because the actress for Sharona was stupid for asking more money so they simply fired her.
  • Yeah, I'm talking about the SHow with the Obsessive Complusive Detective...

I don't have Cable, so the only way I can watch it is by buying the Season's (I have seasons 1-6 currently)

OK, so what's your opinion on the show? Like it, Hate it?
    Bonus Question for all people who really like it and know about it:

Who's a better Assistant, Natalie or Sharrona? I like Natalie better. ^_^

I love that show!
    Monk is one of the few good shows on tv right now!
    The whole obsessive compolsive thing adds a some very funny moments to the show!

Rockford files will always be number one though!
    There'll never be another Jim Garner!
    Rockford had much better actors and writing too...plus Stuart Margolin was priceless and "Angel Martin"
    jim- "He'd sell me by the pound if he had a buyer"
  • edited August 2008
    Monk is pretty bland. I've watched it a number of times but it just doesn't have any punch.
  • edited August 2008
    Alucard wrote: »
    Monk is pretty bland. I've watched it a number of times but it just doesn't have any punch.

You don't have any punch! :p
  • ladognome wrote: »
    You don't have any punch! :p

I've got some Hawaiian punch! but its from 1963 so it might be a little rancid.
  • edited August 2008
    I've got some Hawaiian punch! but its from 1963 so it might be a little rancid.

That's kinda gross...I think I'll go and throw up in this corner now.
  • edited August 2008
    I had to share this one. Not only am I now a huge fan of Monk after watching the first two seasons, but on the last episode of the second season I happened to catch this...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/592/1000183zk6.jpg

Is it me, or does that sign on the wall look oddly familiar?

I'm not going crazy, am I? After watching two seasons of Monk in a matter of weeks, I wouldn't be surprised, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.