Sierra for sale?

edited August 2008 in General Chat
http://www.edge-online.com/news/activision-set-sell-sierra

I thought you guys should know. Any possibility of individual Sierra IPs? Telltale to me is the only one capable of maybe re-inventing old classic adventures.

I worry someone like EAgames will get their hands on Sierra and milk them dry. It was bad enough as a long time fan having to watch Cendant and VUgames destroy them.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    The Island of Dr. Brain IP! Woo!
  • edited August 2008
    I call dibs on the Phantasmagoria IP! Anybody have a few hundred thousand I can borrow? (Pfft, who am I kidding... that IP is probably only worth a few bucks these days...)
  • edited August 2008
    Yikes! Well, this could end up being either a complete new nightmare for Sierra fans, OR a new hope. But who can say? I bet those IPs are still worth a ridiculously high amount of bananas.
  • edited August 2008
    Lunatik wrote: »
    Yikes! Well, this could end up being either a complete new nightmare for Sierra fans, OR a new hope. But who can say? I bet those IPs are still worth a ridiculously high amount of bananas.

I'm a pessimist, so I'm unfortunately preparing for the worst. I honestly hope not. :(
  • edited August 2008
    paulf wrote: »
    I'm a pessimist, so I'm unfortunately preparing for the worst. I honestly hope not. :(
    I'm a cynic, so I'm preparing for a good portion of the fanbase to go "This is a disappointment it's far worse then the original! It's not anywhere near that game! That game was legendary! This is just a blight on the franchise and everybody involved should die." no matter how good they are.
  • edited August 2008
    Does this mean the "Space Quest 7" project can start working again?
  • edited August 2008
    Hahaha!! :) :)

Well, as things are in this industry lately, we'll be lucky if any single one of those IPs get picked up. Then if that is the case, it will take years before we get a finished product. So I suppose we still have MUCH time to speculate.
  • edited August 2008
    interesting... *scratches chin in ponder*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.