SBCG4AP page gets a gigantic facelift

Go there now and stare in awe.

Offical release date is Augest 11th!

AND you can preorder Season 1!

As Max would say: I'm President Max and I approve of this awesomeness. Or something like that...

Dicuss!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Loving the new page.
    Buying the whole season!
    HUZZAH!!!
  • edited August 2008
    No pre-order for the wii version? :(

Now I really don't know which version to buy. Playing on the wii is much more fun, but I'd really like the bonus disc at the end.
  • edited August 2008
    matan wrote: »

Now I really don't know which version to buy. Playing on the wii is much more fun, but I'd really like the bonus disc at the end.

Yeah, it's hard for me to decide too. If I get the Wii version, I can send pictures of SB in costumes, but seeing as I don't have any Wii friends..
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, it's hard for me to decide too. If I get the Wii version, I can send pictures of SB in costumes, but seeing as I don't have any Wii friends..

I don't have any wii friends either, but I want the wii version just so I can lay back on the sofa and play it on the big TV - holding the wii remote - which is the best way to play anything :p

I think I'll play the 1st episode on the wii, and decide afterwards. I might just wait for the whole season to be out and then buy the boxed version.
  • edited August 2008
    I don't have any wii friends either, but I want the wii version just so I can lay back on the sofa and play it on the big TV - holding the wii remote - which is the best way to play anything :p

I think I'll play the 1st episode on the wii, and decide afterwards. I might just wait for the whole season to be out and then buy the boxed version.

It may be over a year for a boxed Wii Version, and I mean after Ep.5 is out, not a year from now. That seems like a long time to wait.
  • edited August 2008
    I have a question, do you get to have costumes in the PC version as well? Or not?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The PC version and Wii versions both have costumes, and photo taking.

The Wii version lets you write emails to friends on the Lappy and attach photos to send to their Wii messageboard (or to their email address, depending on how you have them set up in your Wii friends list). On the PC, photos are just saved out to a directory in your My Documents folder.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The PC version and Wii versions both have costumes, and photo taking.

The Wii version lets you write emails to friends on the Lappy and attach photos to send to their Wii messageboard (or to their email address, depending on how you have them set up in your Wii friends list). On the PC, photos are just saved out to a directory in your My Documents folder.

Looks like your going to have to make a "Post your Strong Bad pictures" thread soon. But it'll appear eventually...
  • edited August 2008
    Don't ya mean 'mask lift' or whatever? ;)
    edited August 2008
    Yes, a mask lift.
  • edited August 2008
    I just saw this in the "Updated" FAQ.
    Our third as yet unannounced series as well

It's funny how the little things are the most hilarious.
  • edited August 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Don't ya mean 'mask lift' or whatever? ;)

Changed. :D
  • edited August 2008
    but his mask is his face!
  • edited August 2008
    supraface wrote: »
    but his mask is his face!

Right! So it works either way really... He took it off once, though...

I like how the new page has the episodes months labeled as Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov-Finale that works for me. Also I liked how on the part where it says to go to the forums it said
    Chat it up, speculate and act like adults with other fans

Obviously, the person who wrote that hasn't been on the forums much... ;)
  • edited August 2008
    It's coming on the 11th!?!?!?!?!?! HOLY CRAP!!! *goes crazy, destroying neighbourhood* I can't wait! Must... find... time passers! ...Ooh, amusmant park works! :D
  • edited August 2008
    Hmm, I'll be smashing buttons on my Wii.... and DS.
    edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Also I liked how on the part where it says to go to the forums it said

Obviously, the person who wrote that hasn't been on the forums much... ;)

Maybe someone's trying to tell someone something :)
  • edited August 2008

[wavy voice]Hi-ya, thread mate. Are you my Wii friend?[/wavy voice] :rolleyes:
    [size=-10]Although you can if you want.[/size]
  • It looks awesome! Hey, even SBCG4AP has a "Did you try?" just like Sam and Max...

I also love the new Telltale VIDEO page! =D
  • edited August 2008
    Maybe someone's trying to tell someone something :)

Ooooh. Burn! That's the third best thing I've read all day. :)
  • edited August 2008

How do you "pre-order" a download? I just have a Wii Points card that I bought specifically for this game, and have it sitting on my desk next to my Wii ready to be opened on the release date.

It's been like this for some time, now. All I have to do is wake up August 11th, enter the card number, confirm my download and awayyyy I goooooooo....

That is the benefit of being prepared.
  • edited August 2008
    How do you "pre-order" a download?

For the PC version you can "pre-order" meaning you buy the whole season for less money, and also get a free bonus disc containing all the episodes and bonus material when the season is over.
  • edited August 2008
    It's a pre-order cos the thing isn't available yet, but you can order and pay for it now.

That's pretty much the definition of "pre-order". Doesn't matter if the thing is a physical product or a download...
  • edited August 2008
    I don't have any Wii friends..
    I don't have any wii friends either

check it out, i just started a wii code trading thread!
  • edited August 2008
    For the PC version you can "pre-order" meaning you buy the whole season for less money, and also get a free bonus disc containing all the episodes and bonus material when the season is over.

Pre-ordering wont save you money. The price will remain the same after the game is released. The discount is for purchasing the whole season at once, instead of buying each episode individually.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I like how the new page has the episodes months labeled as Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov-Finale that works for me.

Just wait until they remove the Finale sign to reveal July! :p
  • edited August 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Just wait until they remove the Finale sign to reveal July! :p

The release date is actually 'TBA' in my purchases section, so perhaps it isn't out in December...
  • edited August 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Pre-ordering wont save you money. The price will remain the same after the game is released. The discount is for purchasing the whole season at once, instead of buying each episode individually.

When I talked about "pre-order" I actually meant the "season subscription" (which does save you money over buying each episode individually, and it's an option not available on the wii). Yeah, maybe that was a bad choice of words, but you are still technically "pre-ordering" all the episodes that aren't out yet, so it saves you money over buying each episode the moment it's out.
  • edited August 2008
    When I talked about "pre-order" I actually meant the "season subscription" (which does save you money over buying each episode individually, and it's an option not available on the wii). Yeah, maybe that was a bad choice of words, but you are still technically "pre-ordering" all the episodes that aren't out yet, so it saves you money over buying each episode the moment it's out.

Yeah, we are just quibbling over the use of the word. I think the word TTG would use is "bundle". Sam & Max Seasons 1 and 2 are both out and so you wouldn't be pre-ordering, but you can still get the discounted prices if you purchase a season bundle.
    edited August 2008
    The real upside to pre-ordering is that the moment the game is out, you'll be able to just click "Download" and have an unlocked copy ready to go, instead of having to go through the purchase path on release day, when what you really want to be doing is playing already!
  • edited August 2008
    Wii doesn't need a preorder then, Buy 5000 Wiipoints, and download each episode the second its out.
    Same thing. D:
  • edited August 2008
    I'm interested to see what's going to be in the 'Watch this space' area.
  • edited August 2008
    Thank you for concluding that episode 3 is a Halloween episode and the season finale is a Decemberween episode, Just pre-ordered the PC version now and I already trust you guys already with quality.

Yes!
    edited August 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    Thank you for concluding that episode 3 is a Halloween episode and the season finale is a Decemberween episode, Just pre-ordered the PC version now and I already trust you guys already with quality.

Yes!

Who said that there is a Halloween episode or a Decemberween episode? Definitely not anyone from Telltale (they will be cooler than a Halloween or Decemberween episode).
  • edited August 2008
    Who said that there is a Halloween episode or a Decemberween episode? Definitely not anyone from Telltale (they will be cooler than a Halloween or Decemberween episode).

If this is going to be on a monthly basis then it will be August, September, October, November and December... sides Halloween and Decemberween are two of the big holiday flashes on homestarrunner.com and it's kinda obvious.
    edited August 2008
    Right except... I'm workin on the games and I'm asking "who said that?" because it definitely wasn't one of the game developers.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, if there's a season two, then Holiday episodes should be there. I'd love to have a Decemberween one! Now what was I originally gunna talk about? Oh crap, I forgot... :S
  • edited August 2008

Yes!
    Where's the jumping to conclusions mat when you need it?
    (Answer: In another post that I don't feel like hunting down.)
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Where's the jumping to conclusions mat when you need it?
    (Answer: In another post that I don't feel like hunting down.)

It's a custom smilie now!
    :jumptoconclusions:
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2008
    If this is going to be on a monthly basis then it will be August, September, October, November and December... sides Halloween and Decemberween are two of the big holiday flashes on homestarrunner.com and it's kinda obvious.

Except, when we started writing these, we didn't have any idea what the release schedule would be.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.