My lack of understanding

The Wii version will cost a good fifteen dollars more than the PC version, it will not contain a bonus disc and the gameplay will be virtually identical.

The PC version will contain a bonus disc, will be released alongside the Wii version and is not particularly difficult to port your computer to a television. On top of all this, the Wii will eventually go off and decay in the myriad of planned obsolesce, whereas the PC game can be carried over as you upgrade it.

I'm not sure I understand the Wiiware concept

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Wii will get some Wii-only features, emailing, WiiConnect24 stuff, ect.
    Plus, maybe it'll feel better on the Wii, also my computers don't like new video games, so Wii for Me.
  • edited August 2008
    Some people prefer to play games on a console rather than on a computer while others find that a console is more accessible than a computer. It really all depends on a person's situation...
  • edited August 2008
    WiiConnect24 has been pretty sparsely explained and seems to be the only unique quality. I guess it all depends on how you weigh it out in your mind, but with just about the only input being from the mouse, you won't even need to have a bulky keyboard nearby should you port it to the TV.

These games also run on a very small amount of processing power, especially this series. Most computers should be able to accommodate it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    It sounds like, from what you've said, the PC version is right for you, Zootch. Is there anything else practical to be said? Otherwise it seems like you might just be looking for a fight, which isn't welcome.
  • edited August 2008
    Actually, I wanted to know if there was an added draw; and was fishing for details on WiiConnect24
  • edited August 2008
    You're also assuming that the Wii and PC markets completely overlap, which they don't. Someone who plays Wii games doesn't necessarily play games on a PC, for example.

I think the WiiWare "concept" is just to reach a broader audience, as well as trying something new. Both are good reasons.
  • edited August 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    You're also assuming that the Wii and PC markets completely overlap, which they don't. Someone who plays Wii games doesn't necessarily play games on a PC, for example.

I think the WiiWare "concept" is just to reach a broader audience, as well as trying something new. Both are good reasons.

Exactly. I have a PC to my computer work and other internet use (paying bills, shopping, e-mail, message boards, news, etc), and I have game consoles to play games on.

I don't really enjoy playing games on the PC. Telltale's games are an exception of course, they're too good to pass up.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    Actually, I wanted to know if there was an added draw; and was fishing for details on WiiConnect24

The WiiConnect24 functionality is primarily for passing messages from the Lappy and photos you take with the in-game camera between Wii users.
  • edited August 2008
    Another draw to the Wii version, as mentioned by Emily (I think?) in another thread, is that you and a group of people can gather around the TV, lounge on the couch eating crisps and having a good time while playing SBCG4AP...!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.