Trogdor mentioned in the latest Grimm episode

hey guys, check this out...

While playing episode 2 of American McGee's Grimm (little red riding hood), I noticed this cool shout out to Trogdor during one of the loading screens... (apparently the developers use the loading screens for making fun of each other)

fbcfhs.jpg

Comments

• Lol, Funny! I need to get that game... >_>
  • edited August 2008
    So do I...
  • edited August 2008
    You can play the first episode free anytime, but you have a few hours left to play the new episode free, I think...
  • edited August 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    You can play the first episode free anytime, but you have a few hours left to play the new episode free, I think...

Link please.
  • edited August 2008
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, the second episode of Grimm is only free for another 12 hours or so (from the time stamp of this post)... But take it from me, this game is DARK so i doubt that most of telltales fan base would enjoy this sort of game.

Since this thread is quickly turning into a marketing push for the game (not my original intent).. I need to add my two cents... And the warning below

I am not one to complain about vulgarism in games... (FYI, one of my all time favorite game series was the original resident evil trilogy, not to mention the GTA series) but i was actually shocked by most of Grimm's language and content (the "M" "17+" ratings were well deserved). This series is not what i was expecting at all...

Also, the marketing campaign is very deceptive, and really dumbs down the game... So make sure you try the free episode before you go buying the series (or subscribing to GT). Yes, you can get a free GT account by the way, they just need an email, and a few other bits of info (nothing you would mind parting with).

Grimm really is a "Hate it or love it" type of game... However i really don't know what to think of this game at the moment. (I need to see another episode or two before i can make an objective opinion) although it is interesting, ill give em that.

But yeah, if you are a sensitive person who feels that Strong Bad and Sam and max are too violent, vulgar, etc. You may as well just forget that you ever heard of this game right now... Because this game hits (and then breaks) the top of the "crap-o-meter"
  • edited August 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Yeah, the second one is only free for another 12 hours or so (from the time stamp of this post)... But take it from me, this game is DARK so i doubt that most of telltales fan base would enjoy this sort of game.

Actually, i was quite shocked myself by a lot of the games language and content (the "M" "17+" ratings were well deserved). The series was not what i was expecting at all...

Also, the marketing campaign is quite deceptive, and really dumbs down the game... So make sure you try the free episode before you go buying the series (or subscribing to GT). You can get a free GT account by the way, they just need an email, and a few other bits of info (nothing you would mind parting with).

But yeah, if you are a sensitive person who feels that Strong Bad and Sam and max are too violent, vulgar, etc. You may as well just forget that you ever heard of this game right now... Because this game hits (and then breaks) the top of the "crap-o-meter"

If you download it before the 12 hours are up and play it after time is up, can you still play it?
  • edited August 2008
    Talk about a lightning fast poster... I barely had time to corect my speeling before you quoted that post ;)

Anyways, in responce to your question... No, when the 12 hours are up GT will prompt you to pay for a full subscription before you can play it again... As for the copy you downloaded, the game will just sit (unplayable) on your machine until you delete it, or get a subscription...

But if you go right NOW (within the next few hours anyway), you can play both episodes for free.. And you should be able to get through both of them tonight, (they only take up 40 minutes or so). WAY shorter than Sam and Max episodes.. but there are going to be more of them in a season, 24 to be exact

Also note, that the first episode ("A boy learns what fear is") will be free indefinitely...

Its the subsequent episodes that are only free for 24 hours after release... then they get rotated into the "premium game lineup" (meaning you need a GT subscription to play them)

(FYI, there are no demos... They are all full episodes, even the 24 hour releases)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion...
  • edited August 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Talk about a lightning fast poster... I barely had time to corect my speeling before you quoted that post ;)

Anyways, in responce to your question... No, when the 12 hours are up GT will prompt you to pay for a full subscription before you can play it again... As for the copy you downloaded, the game will just sit (unplayable) on your machine until you delete it, or get a subscription...

But if you go right NOW (within the next few hours anyway), you can play both episodes for free.. And you should be able to get through both of them tonight, (they only take up 40 minutes or so). WAY shorter than Sam and Max episodes.. but there are going to be more of them in a season, 24 to be exact

Also note, that the first episode ("A boy learns what fear is") will be free indefinitely...

Its the subsequent episodes that are only free for 24 hours after release... then they get rotated into the "premium game lineup" (meaning you need a GT subscription to play them)

(FYI, there are no demos... They are all full episodes, even the 24 hour releases)

I hope that clears up some of the confusion...

I have experience with forums. You gain the speed when there are many users on at once. And thanks for explaining that for me. Although it's too late to play the second episode, I'm enjoying the first episode, the dark humour is some of the best I've seen in a while. Thanks.
  • edited August 2008
    Is Grimm a horror game? Like scary stuff and all that? I've been in the mood for funny stuff, and people said there was humor in this.
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Is Grimm a horror game? Like scary stuff and all that? I've been in the mood for funny stuff, and people said there was humor in this.

It's a combo of darkness, humour, and urine. It's a different sense of humour from Telltale Games', but enjoyable. I'd say you should give it a shot.
  • edited August 2008
    Nevermind. 200MB is a bit too much for me. Knowing my dial-up it wouldn't be done downloading until 8:00pm tomorrow.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.