First game you played

edited August 2008 in General Chat
What is the first video game you ever played?(If you don't remember, the first one you remember playing.)
The first game I ever played was "the Game and Watch Gallery" for the original Game Boy.(If you don't count that as a real game, the first "real game" I played was "Super Mario Land" on the Game Boy.)
What's yours?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Probably Columns on the Mega Drive. Or Sonic 2.

I'm not sure if I got it before or after the Amiga though, so it might have been something on the Amiga? I had Crash Dummies, a game I'm pretty sure was called something like Ozone, but can't find anywhere on the internet, a demo of an Aladdin style game and a Lotus racing game, so it could be one of them.
  • edited August 2008
    i'd have to say Riven or was it Sonic 3?
  • edited August 2008
    Possibly Pong or a similar game on the Atari. It was a long time ago....
  • edited August 2008
    First Game: probably Odell Down Under or Oregon Trail

First "Real" Game: Centipede/Millipede for the GameBoy
  • edited August 2008
    Hmm. I don't think I remember. I know it may have had graphics... some 'bleeps', and maybe the occasional 'bloop'... probably had some manner of inputting commands...

Oh! It had a thing where you did things! And it might have had characters!

I just googled "that game with the things", and I randomly clicked the last link on the second page, and it came up with God of War. So, I guess it was God of War. But I've been playing games LONG before God of War was even speculated upon, so this may not be accurate. But Google doesn't lie... I don't know what to believe anymore!

*becomes a hermit*
  • edited August 2008
    First: Day of the Tentacle
    second: Sam & Max HtR :D
    third: Myst
  • edited August 2008
    Oohh.... It was either Tomb Raider of FFVII.... Gosh, it's so long ago...

Should I mention I was three when I started playing?
  • edited August 2008
    Should I mention I was three when I started playing?

I think I was about 3 when I started playing too.
  • edited August 2008
    What was it?Something on the NES...I had a boxful of games, but I can't remember which one I played first...
  • edited August 2008
    umm... i think super mario bros. for the snes. something like that!!!
  • edited August 2008
    But..there was no Super Mario Bros. for the SNES...
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i'd have to say Riven or was it Sonic 3?

That's the first time anyone has made me feel old. Or that they were young...:rolleyes:

I think mine was Donkey Kong on a Dragon 32. It ran on tape.:cool:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The first game I remember playing was I think Red Baron, but there was also some game I, I think, involving a donkey going up a road and dodging logs or something? Or possibly Pole Position in the arcade with my dad...
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    First Video Game: Probably Super Mario Bros. for NES. I was terrible at it. That would have been followed shortly by Duck Hunt, The Legend of Zelda, and whatever other games my friends owned. I wasn't allowed to have video games back then :)

First PC Game: Battle Chess for Tandy, possibly. Maybe Word Munchers on the ancient school computers.
  • edited August 2008
    Hmm. It was either Joust or Zork. I also got a high score in Kaboom! and sent a picture to Atari so I could get a patch. I wonder what happened to that thing...
  • edited August 2008
    But..there was no Super Mario Bros. for the SNES...

Super Mario All Stars had all 3 of them in. /:
  • edited August 2008
    I don't remember the first game i ever played, but I do remember the first game I played for the N64. It was Toruk. I rented it when I was like 6.
    THAT DID NOT GO WELL!
  • edited August 2008
    The first video game that I ever played was most likely Asteroids or Space Invaders for the Atari 2600 that my parents bought when I was around three or four years old. Although, I spent more time trying to take the unit apart to see how everything worked than I did actually playing the games themselves. Following that, I wasn't allowed to touch another game console for a few years.

The first video game that I was serious about was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I had the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge and the zapper accessory.
  • edited August 2008
    I think... maybe... uh...
    It was either Pokemon Red Version (I got caught right in the middle of the huge popularity hike; sad thing is, I'm playing the games to this day. They're actually pretty good games, though; most everything else from the franchise is... well... pretty stupid. Especially the anime.) or... um... probably Super Mario World. Maybe some car game that I vaguely remember playing.
  • edited August 2008
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)! It's funny, I used to think the objective was to jump on the spikes, and him dieing was him leaping for joy.
  • Super Mario World on the SNES... either that, or Wario Land 3 for Game Boy Color.. I'm not sure. Still, they're both awesome games! =D
  • edited August 2008
    I was either 2 or 3 when the first game I played was Yoshi's Cookie for the NES.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    It was either Pokemon Red Version (I got caught right in the middle of the huge popularity hike; sad thing is, I'm playing the games to this day. They're actually pretty good games, though; most everything else from the franchise is... well... pretty stupid. Especially the anime.)

Yeah, my first video game was Pokemon Red also. Followed shortly after by Spyro the Dragon.:)
  • edited August 2008
    Gertrude's Secrets in 4th grade.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude%27s_Secrets

It was either that or Oregon Trail. I played them around the same time, so I can't say I remember exactly which was first.
  • edited August 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Yeah, my first video game was Pokemon Red also. Followed shortly after by Spyro the Dragon.:)

I remember Spyro!!I also remember crash bandicoot!!!Both great games.And neither of them were ripoffs.Except crash team racing.That had mario kart written all over it.
  • edited August 2008
    Wasn't Spyro supposed to be Sony's Mario or Sonic?

And my first game: King's Quest.
  • edited August 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Wasn't Spyro supposed to be Sony's Mario or Sonic?

And my first game: King's Quest.

Spyro was kind of like Mario 64, but Spyro had a lot of humor in it and the worlds were a lot differently designed.Crash bandicoot was nothing like mario 64.Its levels were like, super linear.
  • edited August 2008
    I can't remember if we had a Pong machine, so I'm going to guess it was Combat for the 2600.
  • edited August 2008
    Not a clue, probably something on the Mega Drive or from Lucas arts

Proper games anyway
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    It was either Pokemon Red Version (I got caught right in the middle of the huge popularity hike; sad thing is, I'm playing the games to this day. They're actually pretty good games, though; most everything else from the franchise is... well... pretty stupid. Especially the anime.) or... um... probably Super Mario World. Maybe some car game that I vaguely remember playing.

take that back, the cartoon was awesome.

i guess my first game would have either been a sonic one (either 1, 2 or and knuckles) in 94 ish or pacman or maybe teenage mutant whatever turtles on my dads amiga
  • edited August 2008
    I remember when I was four or five, i played those old tonka computer games with the plastic tools or whatever else you were supposed to use was attached to the keyboard. For example this:
    61EZDSDTZPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    EDIT: I take that back, the first game I played was either pro skater 1 (which I remember my parents muted the game whenever I played it so I wouldn't hear the "bad words" in the music) or either of the first three spyro games which still rule to this day. It's really too bad that Insomniac only had three games before they sold the rights to spyro to some other company (Isn't that what happened?) and made all those terrible games after the first three. Sure, now they have Ratchet and Clank but I don't think those games will ever be as good as the Spyro.
  • edited August 2008
    It's really too bad that Insomniac only had three games before they sold the rights to spyro to some other company

Not exactly, I don't think they owned the rights to begin with. They created the characters, world, and the game, but Universal published it, and had full control of the franchise as part of the contract. I think that's what happened to Crash Bandicoot as well.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2008
    Machine: Pacman
    Atari: Asteroids (Atari 2600)
    PC Class Computer (8088 w/512 RAM, 5 1/4" floppy, green monochrome monitor): Digger
    Nintendo: Probably a Mario game
    Sega: Alex Kidd in Miracle World
  • edited August 2008
    patters wrote: »
    take that back, the cartoon was awesome.

i guess my first game would have either been a sonic one (either 1, 2 or and knuckles) in 94 ish or pacman or maybe teenage mutant whatever turtles on my dads amiga
    Remember back to the first movie.
    Remember the moral? "Fighting is bad? You shouldn't solve problems with violence? Pokemon aren't meant to fight... not like this?"
    I think my point has been made.
    But, alright, that's just one example. Look, I dunno, maybe it was good at first, but it sure isn't now.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I think it was some no-name arithmetic game I played on a 286, followed shortly by Mixed Up Mother Goose which was a for-kids Sierra point & click.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-Up_Mother_Goose
  • edited August 2008
    Sheesh, that's almost too long ago to remember, lol

I do know though, that it was a text adventure, where I had to type something like:
    Go N and Look walls etc...

It was about a guy on a boat that sunk, and he ended up in an underwater cave, where he had to find out where a humming noise came from....
    I think it had to do with Atlantis.... not sure though.
  • edited August 2008
    hmmmm first games

Arcade: GetAway (pinball), 1942, Pac-Man, Elevator Action, Operation WOLF

Nes: Mario/Duckhunt

PC: Where in the world is carmen sandiego?, Red Baron, Wing commander,
    MONKEY ISLAND

Genesis: Sonic 2

SNES: Mario World

N64: Mario 64 (Japanese version)

PS1: Tekken

PS2: Final Fantasy X

DS: Mario Kart DS

PSP: Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
  • edited August 2008
    EDIT: I take that back, the first game I played was either pro skater 1 (which I remember my parents muted the game whenever I played it so I wouldn't hear the "bad words" in the music)

I don't remember Tony Hawk 1 having any cussing in the music.I know if you hear the full version of "police truck" it has some, but I thought that part wasn't in the game.I don't remember very well, though....
  • edited August 2008
    Super Mario World. My brother kicked me out cause I think I was playing on his save file.
  • edited August 2008
    Very first game= Asteriods for the Atari (second was pong)

first Nes game= Super mario (second was Duck Hunt. last one was mario kart)

first Snes game= Final Fight (second was Barts nightmare, last one was final fight.. (only had these two games for the snes T_T))

first gameboy game=Tetris (second was pacman, last one was Kirby?)

first playstation 2 game (jumped from snes to ps2)=Baldours Gate (second was Blood Omen 2, last one was God of war 2)

First PC game= Double Dragon (second was Budokan, last one was secret files of tunguska)

First Adventure Game= Curse of Enchantia (second was Monkey Island 2, last one was secret files of tunguska)

First MMORPG= MU (second was Lineage 2, last one was Requiem bloodymare)

heh.. amazing i remember this stuff so clearly, but ask me about simple math or what i had for lunch today XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.