Extended Play?

Hello,
i went to the Homestar Ruiner main page. And it says Extended play, what is it?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    This is purely conjecture. Bu I think that Extended Play is probably going to be similar to the "Did you try?" part, but for tips that extend play time but aren't particularly funny things you may have missed. Or something?

That's my guess. We'll all figure it out eventually when Telltale gets around to revealing it.
  • edited August 2008
    could be, but it could also be about this sandbox i'm hearing about. Lets let Telltale answer it
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Extended Play is the mess around "get the stuff you missed" part at the end.
  • edited August 2008
    ohhh and will that slot tell us what those spots are?
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Extended Play is the mess around "get the stuff you missed" part at the end.

isn't that the same as "did you try...?"
    edited August 2008
    Er, nope.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, so, the game continues after the end?

Nice! :D
  • edited August 2008
    Imagen Grand Theft Auto. When you don't wanna do the missions, you can go crazy throughout the place. And find stuff. And do side stuff. THAT'S extended play.
    [size=-2]Right?[/size]
  • edited August 2008
    Here's a better example:
    Let's say you've already beaten the game, you've found all the costumes, and the Teen Girl Squad index cards, but you need to find the Snake Boxer 5 manual so you can unlock the Super Secret Forbidden Mode. Extended Play will help you.
  • edited August 2008
    kind of like freeplay

oh Telltale you are so awesome
    edited August 2008
    Yep that's correct, Strongsadioware. It's not a complete crazy open world where a million things can happen, but there are some extra easter eggs, some extra dialog, and you have an opportunity to scour the world for hidden things you missed.
  • edited August 2008
    MARRY MEEE!!!!! :D
    no i'm just kidding
  • edited August 2008
    let the restraining orders commence! ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Errr.... Then what's the difference between Extended Play and Did You Try? since I see both on the Homestar Ruiner page.
  • edited August 2008
    Did You Try?

is like
    Did you hit Strong Sad

Extended Play

Go to Strong Badia and go to your left

understand?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2008
    Extended Play basically means you can continue playing the game after the stroy ends WITHOUT starting a new game.

Did You Try is pretty much a list of things to try out while you are playing, mostly concerning jokes you might normally miss.
  • edited August 2008
    Lemme try this again:

Did you Try:

Did you shoot The Sneak in the foot?

Extended Play:

Go to Bub's Consession Stand, and to the left you should see a box.

Like that.
  • edited August 2008
    Lemme try this again:

Did you Try:

Did you shoot The Sneak in the foot?

Extended Play:

Like that.

i pretty much just said that
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i pretty much just said that

It dosen't matter, I'm-a box peering guy!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited August 2008
    Extended Play
    Go to Strong Badia and go to your left
    Extended Play:

Extended Play isn't quite like that. We aren't telling you where to go to find stuff. It just means that after you beat the game, the player can keep right on playing. They can still visit any of the environments, talk to characters, look for hidden items, collectables & costumes that they may have missed before, replay the mini games for higher scores and try to improve their Awesomeness ranking!
  • edited August 2008
    So should you post this stuff soon after the release of the game? I can't wait until this comes out...maybe I'll go freeze myself.
    edited August 2008
    I think we'll be withholding how to unlock every secret for at least a little while :p
  • edited August 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Extended Play isn't quite like that. We aren't telling you where to go to find stuff. It just means that after you beat the game, the player can keep right on playing. They can still visit any of the environments, talk to characters, look for hidden items, collectables & costumes that they may have missed before, replay the mini games for higher scores and try to improve their Awesomeness ranking!

Oooo. Thanks for covering that up. This game gets better and better every single day! I can't wait to get my Awesomeness ranking to 100! Or something like that.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I think we'll be withholding how to unlock every secret for at least a little while :p

Yeah, that makes sense. But then again, it doesn't make a difference to me because I'm not looking for any help until I've spent ALOT of time looking for that last costume. Oh, and I heard that you can unlock microgames by finding them. Is that true? Or is it secret?
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, that makes sense. But then again, it doesn't make a difference to me because I'm not looking for any help until I've spent ALOT of time looking for that last costume. Oh, and I heard that you can unlock microgames by finding them. Is that true? Or is it secret?

The only mini-games I know of is Snake Boxer 5. And you don't have to find that.
  • edited August 2008
    The only mini-games I know of is Snake Boxer 5. And you don't have to find that.

yeah it's in Strong Bad's room
  • edited August 2008
    So, SBCG4AP is a sandbox game? YES!!!
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    So, SBCG4AP is a sandbox game? YES!!!

Somewhat Yes and Somewhat No. Yes, you can go wherever, whenever, however you what. AND you don't have to do the missions/side-quest, etc. You can basically do whatever you want. The No part is that you can't not do the missions forever (unless if your really, REALLY lazy). I mean you have to find everything in the game at SOME point of time, mi right guys?
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, unless you're really, REALLY lazy. :D
  • edited August 2008
    I don't know how I can own a "really, REALLY lazy".
    Y-O-U-R. Y-O-U-apostrophy-R-E. They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?
    I mean you have to find everything in the game at SOME point of time, mi right guys?

A sandbox game is where you can put off anything indefinitly. But, once you start a certain part, you have to do it. Once you complete that part, you can play freely again. And the first part kind of cancels out the second part:
    Yes, you can go wherever, whenever, however you what. AND you don't have to do the missions/side-quest, etc.

So, is it a game where you can do whatever, whenever or a game like Sam and Max where you only do the episode's story and it ends after that?
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    I don't know how I can own a "really, REALLY lazy".
    Y-O-U-R. Y-O-U-apostrophy-R-E. They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?

A sandbox game is where you can put off anything indefinitly. But, once you start a certain part, you have to do it. Once you complete that part, you can play freely again. And the first part kind of cancels out the second part:

So, is it a game where you can do whatever, whenever or a game like Sam and Max where you only do the episode's story and it ends after that?

I choose the whatever, whenever. Is me right?
  • edited August 2008
    I think this is a cool feature. I'd like it if more games let you keep on playing after the end.
  • edited August 2008
    Sam and Max didn't really accomplish that I don't think, it was still a great meaty game.
  • edited August 2008
    maybe Season 3 will have it!
  • edited August 2008
    so Telltale when will the Extended play be up?
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    so Telltale when will the Extended play be up?

It is not something that gets put up. Extended Play is already in the game. It is a way to collect things you missed while playing. If you are wondering when we will post how you get everything be patient and it will be up eventually.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah i mean when you'll be posting it, i already got it in the game i just wanna know when it'll be posted :)
  • I think we'll be withholding how to unlock every secret for at least a little while

Damn... oh well, I already found my third TGS card... "Oh, the Mole-people!!!"

;)
  • It is not something that gets put up. Extended Play is already in the game. It is a way to collect things you missed while playing. If you are wondering when we will post how you get everything be patient and it will be up eventually.
    BTW: I see you've already added the PICTURES to the Walkthrough... now where's the text? XD
    edited August 2008
    BTW: I see you've already added the PICTURES to the Walkthrough... now where's the text? XD

... there's text there. What?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.