Thoughts ?

I personally love the Borderlands games they're packed with lots of action and crazy nonsense and the best part is that your in control of all of it. So although I'm not apposed to this idea I honestly don't feel it will be as fun as randomly murdering and pillaging as you so often do in the game though. On the other hand I am really looking forward to a very in depth story and get to know the characters I've come to know and love in this game. So all in all I don't see this being a big hit with the hardcore FPS fans but more with the fans of TTG games, to me though I see it as a great filler and introduction into the true FPS installment.

Comments

• I think it's a pretty odd choice (but not in a bad way) for Telltale to make a story out of the Borderlands series. I'm interested to see how they can expand the universe. I had played the game prior to the release of Poker Night 2 in order to get used to Borderlands humor and whatnot, but I never would've guessed Telltale would consider making a whole game out of the universe.

• My first reaction was, Hugh?

But then it turned into me having a very hard time understanding why nobody thought of this before!

Lots brilliant material in Borderlands to enable TTG to make a hysterically fun game. I am certainly going to burst with excitement!

Thumbs up from here, looking forward to it!

• When is the expected release date for boderlands series? TTG has me hooked on these episodic game series. Wasn't a mad Boderlands fan but still cant wait this take on it.... : P

• I don't see how you can turn an FPS into a point and click game, if someone can make it work, it would be revolutionary. But it's from Telltale so it'll be interesting to find out.

• Don't know much about the series but since it's crossover with "The Wolf Among Us" I'd rather like to play as Bigby. He kicked Gren's ass. I don't know who the other chick is. Yeah, Bigby is cool. He can be huge wolf, werewolf or wolverine.

• Making games of different genres in the same universe is hardly a new thing. Although I would like it to be done more.

GeM0001 posted: »

I don't see how you can turn an FPS into a point and click game, if someone can make it work, it would be revolutionary. But it's from Telltale so it'll be interesting to find out.

• People said the same thing about the Walking Dead prior to when the game came out.

Granted, Walking Dead is heavily story oriented whereas Borderlands isn't, but nevertheless I think Telltale will surprise us.

GeM0001 posted: »

I don't see how you can turn an FPS into a point and click game, if someone can make it work, it would be revolutionary. But it's from Telltale so it'll be interesting to find out.

• edited February 2014

Quick time events in gun games just getting selfish now lets make game of biggest titles and steal fanbase saying that love walking dead and wolf among us but making games based off rpg's never going work not hater love telltale and game of thrones is great choice but borderlands a gun game and should not be used

• Telltale are known for their storytelling, mostly. To give Borderlands a good story, it has to be engaging and nonsensical at the same time, oh, and with ROFL moments.

• I don't like this at all... I was extremely disappointed with borderlands 2, and hearing this made me die a bit inside :(

• Fuck, I knew it... people's starting to request "thumbs up" like in YouTube...

IpFreely posted: »

My first reaction was, Hugh? But then it turned into me having a very hard time understanding why nobody thought of this before! Lots br

• How so? I'm afraid i don't understand.

I don't like this at all... I was extremely disappointed with borderlands 2, and hearing this made me die a bit inside

• People seem to forget that before Telltale made Huge Story oriented Soap Operas they also made amazing Comedy games...Sam and Max anyone?

People said the same thing about the Walking Dead prior to when the game came out. Granted, Walking Dead is heavily story oriented whereas Borderlands isn't, but nevertheless I think Telltale will surprise us.

• What?

Who said that it was a crossover

Its a different game entirely :P

Butt-head posted: »

Don't know much about the series but since it's crossover with "The Wolf Among Us" I'd rather like to play as Bigby. He kicked Gren's ass. I don't know who the other chick is. Yeah, Bigby is cool. He can be huge wolf, werewolf or wolverine.

• Yeah, seriously.

It's always amusing to see people complain about Telltale taking on Borderlands for being "too funny" when their only big "serious" games beforehand were Jurassic Park and Walking Dead (not including CSI or Law and Order).

People seem to forget that before Telltale made Huge Story oriented Soap Operas they also made amazing Comedy games...Sam and Max anyone?

• You don't have to know much about the series, let's just say you're treasure hunters, looking for treasure, and bad guys are everywhere. so you kill them all while meeting funny characters along the way (and the guy in the trailer is the hilarious villain off Borderlands 2).

Butt-head posted: »

Don't know much about the series but since it's crossover with "The Wolf Among Us" I'd rather like to play as Bigby. He kicked Gren's ass. I don't know who the other chick is. Yeah, Bigby is cool. He can be huge wolf, werewolf or wolverine.

• I'll save judgment for the first episode.

Though the idea of adapting an intentionally over the top shoot-em-up into a game purely driven by narrative makes me wonder how they'll handle the tone.

• edited March 2014

I played all the Borderlands and I think,{It is another corner to look around}. I will be looking to see what you come up with

• Borderlands has a lot of good and funny characters, so I have no doubt that TTG will handle this game pretty well

Sign in to comment in this discussion.