Difficulty

edited September 2005 in Bone
From what I've been reading so far bone is a little on the easy side. I've also seen that kids seem to enjoy this game as well. Having an easy game is great for kids but doesn't do much for adventure gamers. I think it may be a good idea to have bone "lite" and normal bone sort of like Monkey Island 2 did. Ahh monkey island 2 the good old days :(( . Anyway, I think making bone a much more difficult game would help out to increase the sense of value people want from their game.

Comments

• edited September 2005
    I like feeling smart because I solved a fairly difficult puzzle. I like to think that playing adventure games made me do better in school somehow. I don't like easy games that pat me on the head and say "Good boy! Aren't you so smart?" I still enjoyed Bone, but I don't think the game needs to be dumbed down to appeal to younger kids. That's what the little hint icon was supposed to be for. However, having two difficulty levels would be nice and hopefully extend the gameplay time for those who breezed through the easy version.

Also, I don't particularly care if the Bone games follow the comic exactly to the letter. I'd rather they didn't, in fact, because then it's like having a new story, neither one really spoiling the other too much.
  • edited September 2005
    I like feeling smart because I solved a fairly difficult puzzle. I like to think that playing adventure games made me do better in school somehow. I don't like easy games that pat me on the head and say "Good boy! Aren't you so smart?" I still enjoyed Bone, but I don't think the game needs to be dumbed down to appeal to younger kids. That's what the little hint icon was supposed to be for. However, having two difficulty levels would be nice and hopefully extend the gameplay time for those who breezed through the easy version.

Also, I don't particularly care if the Bone games follow the comic exactly to the letter. I'd rather they didn't, in fact, because then it's like having a new story, neither one really spoiling the other too much.

I like hard puzzles too - however if you look at the Bone website it says that episode one was only 2/5 or 2/6 difficulty - so obviously they have some devious puzzles planned for the next games.

I would like to see far harder puzzles, but hopefully 5/5 or 6/6 will be that!!!!!!

ALSO, I would LOVE to see more fleshing out of the world with Smith's approval - extra stories in the future episodes, little bits that COULD have been in the comic or other puzzles that aren't necessarily in the book would be great - make it not just a strict adaption but a bit more interactive.

You could always have two different paths - like when characters get split up, you could choose one and play them the entire game, then replay for other characters. Or two paths of solving a puzzle.

Bone seems to be following a view like DOTT where each cage opened opens into a bigger cage, thereby seemingly expanding the world...
  • edited September 2005
    From what I've been reading so far bone is a little on the easy side. I've also seen that kids seem to enjoy this game as well.

Yeah it was pretty straightforward no doubt, but it's a cool little demonstration of Telltale's abilities. As other, more long-term Telltale fans have said, they're doing Sam & Max episodes and I bet those are going to be harder and even cooler than Boneville is.

Also on an off-topic note, *nods to the Hellsing fan*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.