Launching TWAU causes PC freeze

I had this problem with the first episode as well, but I somehow got around it, and can't remember how (it was probably by chance).
What happens is that once I launch the game, as soon as the screen goes black (from the desktop to the game itself) everything freezes and I'm forced to hard reboot my computer. Keys are not responding, nothing works (even hitting caps lock or other keys doesn't modify the lights on the keyboard). It probably has to do with a resolution issue, but since there's no config file outside of the game, I can't change it.
The video card is fine, the computer is fine, I play other games, and way heavier ones, so hardware is not an issue, and the software should not be either.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d19h84

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are in fact receiving a display issue, please try changing the game to Windowed Mode while it launches by using the Windows shortcut (ALT+Enter). Once you are able to get into the game, please change the resolution in the Help & Options Menu to a smaller size, and then you will be able to switch back to Full Screen mode.

• Can't do it. As soon as it launches my PC freezes, I don't have time to Alt+Enter, I had already tried, even spamming it as it was launching

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are in fact receiving a display issue, please try changing the game to Windowed Mode while it launch

If this does not resolve your issue, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the FAQ here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,
    Mike

dlz125 posted: »

Can't do it. As soon as it launches my PC freezes, I don't have time to Alt+Enter, I had already tried, even spamming it as it was launching

• The link is already in the first post, is it not working?

If this does not resolve your issue, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to t

Apologies for the confusion. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card and your computer's BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug headphones into your audio out jack

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

dlz125 posted: »

The link is already in the first post, is it not working?

This discussion has been closed.