Shut down just after launch (Steam)

So i just downloaded second Episode, but after launching on steam, screen goes black (its trying to start) and then just shut down back to desktop. I tryied it multiple times, restarting whole system, validating data on Steam, but still crashing...
1st episode was without any problems, so the problem is in the update I guess. Please help.

Comments

• Same here. I actually got it to work for a short while and then the same problems happened.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse)

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game (c)

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If none of those help, please send our Support Staff your system's specs. For PC please send a DXDiag. To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Please attach the file to an email to support@telltalegames.com and they will be able to assist you further.

This discussion has been closed.