Unable to get through Episode 2 - Chapter 5

Hello,

I'm currently stuck during the fight scene with Beast: the game saved just before he gets the iron pipe and, after avoiding the first attack, I keep smashing the 'Q' key but it doesn't seem to do anything (the green gauge doesn't start filling up although I'm almost destroying my keyboard...).

I can ensure you that it's no a matter of me hitting the key too slow so I was wondering if someone else had the same issue there?

Thanks!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you are on PC or Mac? Also, are you playing on a laptop or desktop?

• Sorry I forgot about that...

I'm playing on a laptop, an Asus ROG G53S | Windows 7 64 bits | i7-2630QM | Geforce GTX 560 M

I played the sequence again today and the green gauge really doesn't start filling up : /

Can you please clarify if you are on PC or Mac? Also, are you playing on a laptop or desktop?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse)

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If this does not resolve your issue, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the FAQ here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

addNothing posted: »

Sorry I forgot about that... I'm playing on a laptop, an Asus ROG G53S | Windows 7 64 bits | i7-2630QM | Geforce GTX 560 M I played the sequence again today and the green gauge really doesn't start filling up : /

• Ok,nevermind I was just confused by the fact I'm using a french keyboard (thus, an 'azerty' one), and after having switched it to 'qwerty' by pressing 'Shift + Alt', I kept pressing the wrong key ('A' instead of 'Q')... my bad, I'm sorry for making you loosing your time : /

Great game by the way ^^

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions: 1) Ensure you have the latest drivers 2) Restart your system

This discussion has been closed.